It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official-The Pentagon and Air Force leadership have lost touch with reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
In case anyone was wondering, the Pentagon and Air Force leadership have now proven beyond any reasonable doubt that they are no longer in touch with reality, in any sense of the word. During a media event at the Pentagon today, Air Force Major General John Rauch Jr, Commander of the Air Force Safety Center continued to toe the party line that there is not a crisis in military aviation.

This, in spite of the fact that more personnel were killed last year in aviation related accidents than in combat, and despite the study showing that accidents (mostly Class B) have increased 40% since 2013. He went on to say, "For us, each [crash] is kind of an individual event that you look at, that you try to get back to the basics to try and find out what happened. In each one of those, there could be common these across them, which we’re not seeing. Otherwise, they’re really not related to each other.”

The Air Force answer to the problem is to have a 24 hour stand down. Active duty units that have a flying or maintenance component, and are not in a combat zone, have until May 21st. Guard and Reserve units have until June 25th. They will allow airmen to issue complaints to their units anonymously (yeah right) to facilitate them reporting issues. The Pentagon at least acknowledges that this isn't going to fix anything, but will alert commands of issues, so they can alert their MAJCOMS (as if THAT is gonna happen).

taskandpurpose.com...

And this is how we got here.

edit on 5/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

"Anonymously"--- that's a joke.

My expertise was NOT aviation or anything near that, when I was active duty, so I know ZERO about it, EXCEPT that I'm not surprised one bit that the Pentagon and Air Force higher ups are clueless about reality. And I know from experience that anonymity in a command does not exist. Doesn't mattter what they tell you or what power point they shove down your throat at an all-hands GMT about it; the identity of the person who made the "anonymous" report will make its way up the chain of command before that person is even out of the building.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

And a snowball has a better chance in hell than anything being reported to any MAJCOM, other than the wing being combat ready. I've seen this show before and know exactly how it ends.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And a snowball has a better chance in hell than anything being reported to any MAJCOM, other than the wing being combat ready. I've seen this show before and know exactly how it ends.

What do you think is going on with the top?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As I’m sure you’re aware, the problems with AF Leadership goes far beyond the aviation community. There’s a sickness that’s infected all levels of Leadership.

I’ve been out a year...and even though I miss my fellow Airman and the mission, I’m happier in life than I’ve been in a very long time. That’s directly related to not having to take orders from a bunch of hypocritical box checkers.

It does bother me to see the direction it’s headed and be so powerless to stop the internal destruction that once was the heart and soul of my existence.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I feel your anger that lives are put at risk because of budget cut´s and then it´s explained away like those lifes didn´t matter in a sentence like

"For us, each [crash] is kind of an individual event that you look at, that you try to get back to the basics to try and find out what happened. In each one of those, there could be common these across them, which we’re not seeing. Otherwise, they’re really not related to each other."

I find that outrageous and a slap into the face of those who knowingly put their lifes on risk to defend your country. It must be a bad feeling to know these numbers for the crew and pilots.

Never thought something like this could happen in the USA, I expected the hardwares conditions to be near excellent.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

They'd have to admit that mistakes were made by previous commanders. The Golden Rule of the Pentagon is that they never blame other commanders for problems. Either there's not a problem, or they find other excuses for how we got there.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A big uptick in accidents is something in common. Is there something wrong with the technology or parts? Are the pilots overstressed for some reason? Just because they can't find the common factor does not mean it doesn't exist, they have to open their minds and broaden their view of things.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They just announced that Class A Mishaps (over $2M in damage, a lost airframe, or fatality) for FY18 are up 48%.

Nope, no problem at all.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Reincarnate Curtis....
Let those that know , understand.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I wish. He'd burn the Pentagon down with everyone in it and start over.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Gothmog

I wish. He'd burn the Pentagon down with everyone in it and start over.

Never has one very strict individual ever been so beloved within the USAF (SAC at least)

edit on 5/8/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A big uptick in accidents is something in common. Is there something wrong with the technology or parts? Are the pilots overstressed for some reason? Just because they can't find the common factor does not mean it doesn't exist, they have to open their minds and broaden their view of things.

They take recordings from the sensors of the aircraft and they have black box recorders. It could be something as simple as multiple bird strikes. They can probably eliminate enemy fire, faulty munitions, harsh weather conditions, pilot fatigue. The only moving parts are the engines, landing gear, flaps and rudder. Engine turbine blades take the worst amount of stress.

Commercial aircraft have been suffering from engine failures due to sulphate related corrosion of the titanium engine turbine blades. Maybe that's something in the source of the metal.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Most of the accidents, such as the F-16 midair over Georgia last June are related to pilot error. The big culprit has been low flying hours. There was an F-18 accident last Fiscal year where one of the pilots wasn't qualified on the aircraft anymore, because he hadn't flown in so long due to a knee injury.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

"Anonymously"--- that's a joke.

My expertise was NOT aviation or anything near that, when I was active duty, so I know ZERO about it, EXCEPT that I'm not surprised one bit that the Pentagon and Air Force higher ups are clueless about reality. And I know from experience that anonymity in a command does not exist. Doesn't mattter what they tell you or what power point they shove down your throat at an all-hands GMT about it; the identity of the person who made the "anonymous" report will make its way up the chain of command before that person is even out of the building.

When information cannot flow throughout the structure, the complex system eventually dies. This applies to institutions as much as it does to individual organisms.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

word goin round is majority of these "accidents" are actually a shadow war they are keeping on the down low for the time being....

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

If it makes you feel better, the leadership is the same across the board, from healthcare, schools, unemployment etc etc etc. We elect the same inept leaders and then sit here complaining they don't do a good job.... We get the leaders we deserve...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Let me guess it´s you who came up with that rumor, here, right now? Way to spread lies.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I'm not saying that I believe it, but I've read that rumour online before, although I'm unsure if it was here on ATS or not.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Then they're going a hell of a job keeping it on the down low considering how many of them have happened over the US, which is easily verifiable, considering that several of them landed in public areas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join