It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stormy Daniels' lawyer: Cohen was paid $500K by Putin-tied company after election

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Lying under oath yes... lying to the press no, lying to the people no, lying to your spouse no.

When/If you get trump lying under oath by all means proceed with impeachment.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Actually we had Cohen claim he took out a loan against his property. He told us he did that and trump didn't know and trump didn't pay him back.

Was there ever any loan documents discovered or deposits from a bank into his account found?
I honestly don't know.
That is what Avannati is looking for with these subpoenaed bank records.

Tonight's news was him telling people about something else he discovered instead.
That a lot of Russian money from very wealthy, well connected, Russians was going to an obscure LLC of a nobody lawyer from New Jersey and that the money was used to pay Stormy or was buying access to the president or both.
No trump money directly involved so Cohen didn't really lie there.
And where did the rest of that money go?
Will be interesting to see what Mueller makes with this discovery. For sure he's going to want those bank records too now.

edit on 592018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Wow your wife or girl friend must be super model hot if you think Stormy is ugly.
Kudos dude.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wow your wife or girl friend must be super model hot if you think Stormy is ugly.
Kudos dude.

Stormy is an old cow.

Way past expiration date.

Yeah my wife is sexier than she is at 57.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Kudos dude.

Throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

U know that, right?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We're talking about 2017, aren't we? When were the sanctions levied?

No, 2018. This year.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Better question is why is Russia at every juncture of this campaign and administration? When has this ever been the case?

It's likely been the case with every President in our lifetime. The only difference is that now the media screams "RUSSIAN!" every time they see one... and they're looking hard!

It's a rebirth of McCarthyism, plain and simple. Just replace "communist"with "Russian."

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't know where those records came from, but I do know for a fact that it was NOT from a civil action subpoena. It would have to be a money laundering or similar Federal felony case with exceptionally strong evidence against Cohen himself if they were obtained through subpoena, and if so, Avannati is looking at a long time behind bars. You can't just go grabbing personal records willy-nilly.

Think for just a moment: Let's say I went to an attorney and claimed that [insert SillyOlMe's RL name here] had defrauded me out of $130,000 by violating a contract I have (which was simply forged). Do you really think that lawyer can just take your bank records and give them to whoever to be published?

Even if he got a subpoena (which I doubt, because his case is against Trump, not Cohen), he would only be able to see any moneys coming from Trump. The bank could not divulge any information not specifically indicated on the subpoena, and the subpoena would specify exactly what he was looking for and nothing else. It's a lot more likely that he would subpoena Trump's records anyway, because that is where any payments relating to his case would have originated. This is assuming he could even get a subpoena... that has to come from a judge who has heard at least part of the case. A lawyer is not an officer of the court like a cop.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Actually we had Cohen claim he took out a loan against his property. He told us he did that and trump didn't know and trump didn't pay him back.

Was there ever any loan documents discovered or deposits from a bank into his account found?
I honestly don't know.

Can you link to any court documents related to this subpoena?

Tonight's news was him telling people about something else he discovered instead.
That a lot of Russian money from very wealthy, well connected, Russians was going to an obscure LLC of a nobody lawyer from New Jersey and that the money was used to pay Stormy or was buying access to the president or both.
No trump money directly involved so Cohen didn't really lie there.
And where did the rest of that money go?
Will be interesting to see what Mueller makes with this discovery. For sure he's going to want those bank records too now.

So hes making his case in public rather than in court? Why would he do this?

Where did these records come from?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So hes making his case in public rather than in court? Why would he do this? 

It looks like it is more about a negative publicity campaign against Trump and Cohen, rather than the case itself.
Edit to add:
He took a big risk in releasing the banking info.
Why?
The more I see, the more inclined I am to believe there is a RICO case to be filed in connection with the group of people that form the 'Resistance' campaign against Trump.
edit on b000000312018-05-09T07:23:02-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 09 May 2018 07:23:02 -0500700000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.

I have not had time to go through all of it and will do so as I can.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Funny... didn't the "Steele Dossier" say something about Michael Cohen setting up shell companies to funnel Russian money through back channels? Nah. Just a big nothingburger, I guess.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So that is the narrative being pushed.

Wonder whos paying Avennati?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Taxpayers. He's doing his job by enforcing the law. You do want to see laws enforced, right? No-one is above the law. Or are you starting to change your opinion?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Stormy daniels lawyer is being paid by tax payers?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Since when is it a lawyer's job to "enforce" the law?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Stormy daniels lawyer is being paid by tax payers?

Oops! I thought you were talking about Robert Khuzami. I assumed you were attacking his character, as the right is wont to do.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I heard David Corn of Mother Jones say the page is available on the way back app. I don't know how to use it. I guess I can investigate it. I should eventually.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And your signature. Funny how political correctness is a thing when someone says Sarah is a cow but not when the same description is used for Rosey ODonnell. Or when accused of sexual assault the presidents response is "Have you seen her...I don't think so."

Thank you for the honor of memorializing my words.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The more I see, the more inclined I am to believe there is a RICO case to be filed in connection with the group of people that form the 'Resistance' campaign against Trump.

RICO will be filed againt the Trump family for dealing with Russian mobsters for many years money laundering and having Jared by proxy do the deals while Trump is in the WH.

www.politico.com...

themoscowproject.org...
edit on 9-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join