It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces pulling out of Iran deal and imposing sanctions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Annnnnnnnnnd....Israeli influence for the win!

Who's your daddy POTUS?

Watch Iran beg to come back to the table, and Trump negotiate a better, tougher, 'Iran deal"

I don't think the US is the respected power it it once was.

Trump's Chess Game.

I personally don't think he plays that well.

Compared to whom? Obama? The Bushes?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What exactly do you mean by respect?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I need to read more on this to determine if Trump pulling out of this deal was a good thing.

Here is what I can say.

1. I think the original deal sucked. It gave millions to iran, some of which John Kerry admitted would go to terrorism. However, that money isnt coming back, so pulling out doesnt help that situation.

2. I am confused by who wants to keep the deal and who wants out. I think Israel wants a conflict, so it makes sense they want out. ON the other hand, countries like the UK were gung ho to attack syria and have conflict with russia, yet they are for keeping this deal which in essence is what russia wants as well. Why do the globalists seem to like this deal?

3. I would like to see any bloodshed avoided if at all possible (which it probably isnt). If there is a conflict, I hope it is very small.

If Trump uses this as an excuse to provoke a war with iran, I am very much against it. If this allows him a stronger position to negotiate a better deal that ensures Iran isnt getting a nuclear weapon, I would be for it. Time will tell I guess.

But for now, I feel I am to ignorant to make a judgement one way or another.

To answer #2, in my opinion it’s because all the EU countries have a financial interest. The U.S. doesn’t, simple as that.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Those videos comparing their arrivals in foreign countries are hilarious and shows the severe lack of respect Obama had.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Actually, IIRC, Iran made deals with both Airbus and Boeing to replace their aging civilian airliners....then the deal was struck, both in Europe and the U.S..

P.S. That could be one form of retaliation Iran could make, cancelling the Boeing purchase.

edit on 8-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: PS

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually, IIRC, Iran made deals with both Airbus and Boeing to replace their aging civilian airliners....then the deal was struck, both in Europe and the U.S..

P.S. That could be one form of retaliation Iran could make, cancelling the Boeing purchase.

Sure, but I’m not to concerned about replenishing Boeing’s and Airbus’s aging airliners. The EU has a lot more than that deal to be concerned about though.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Sure, but I’m not to concerned about replenishing Boeing’s and Airbus’s aging airliners. The EU has a lot more than that deal to be concerned about though.

How so?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Pretty sure if Iran started getting close to testing abuse Israel would send a few bombers to flatten their facilities like they have done in past.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Those videos comparing their arrivals in foreign countries are hilarious and shows the severe lack of respect Obama had.

I'd say you chose your media source.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Who's your daddy POTUS?

Watch Iran beg to come back to the table, and Trump negotiate a better, tougher, 'Iran deal"

Trump's Chess Game.

Non USA

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

How so?

Here ya go: The Hill

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Who's your daddy POTUS?

Trump's Chess Game.

Non USA

OK. So compared to whom?...non-USA.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

How so?

Very interesting article. Kind of depressing in it's way. Makes me wonder why the EU signed onto the sanctions in the first place?? Very strange.

That raises the question of what happens if the majority of the EU nations refuse to go along with the sanctions? Obviously there's always someone who will violate them, but if the majority do, what then?

The other question that comes up is if there's so much trade going on between the EU and Iran, why should Iran be so desperate to have the agreement stay in place? It's not like they rely on U.S. trade and from that sense wouldn't suffer whatsoever.

That leaves only one answer I can come up with and that is iran is desperate to develop those nukes. To not be where 'the line in the sand' is reasserted. That would leave them, Persians, as long term a non-nuclear power.

Is there some aspect I'm missing here or does that make sense based on the information to hand?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

How so?

Very interesting article. Kind of depressing in it's way. Makes me wonder why the EU signed onto the sanctions in the first place?? Very strange.

That raises the question of what happens if the majority of the EU nations refuse to go along with the sanctions? Obviously there's always someone who will violate them, but if the majority do, what then?

The other question that comes up is if there's so much trade going on between the EU and Iran, why should Iran be so desperate to have the agreement stay in place? It's not like they rely on U.S. trade and from that sense wouldn't suffer whatsoever.

That leaves only one answer I can come up with and that is iran is desperate to develop those nukes. To not be where 'the line in the sand' is reasserted. That would leave them, Persians, as long term a non-nuclear power.

Is there some aspect I'm missing here or does that make sense based on the information to hand?

I have the same questions you do, it’s definitely a confusing and complex situation. That’s why when replying to Grambler I stated it was an opinion. My best guess, Iran wants to avoid US sanctions and other allies going along and enforcing them, so they threatened retaliation if the US withdraws from the deal. They know we have a ton of influence on our allies. The fact that Iran self inspects, makes me think they know keeping the deal alive will ultimately end in them developing nuclear weapons. With the US ending the deal brings uncertainty especially with Trump running the show. Then you have the financial situation I brought up, which I think is the EU’s concerns. That’s my thoughts for what they’re worth.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

They cant really because of how US sanctions work. US sanctions on Iran essentially means that no company being in buisness with Iran can do business in the US. If a European company wants to do business with Iran going Forward it can, but will face blacklisting in the US. Guess how that will work out.

Basically the US economoy is important enough for the US government to be able to dictate to any export oriented company with whom it can trade or not.

As i stands the US Treasury Department is already moving forward on this, after a 90/180 day wind down period full sanctions will be in place again:
www.treasury.gov...

The new US ambassador to Germany has already warned German companies to terminate business with Iran asap:
www.voanews.com...

The Hill article is pretty spot on as far as European interests go on this issue. Trump killed alot of lucrative trade deals last night and there is pretty much nothing the EU can do about it.

edit on 9-5-2018 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Let's look at the situation with a grain of salt :
The intent of the USA to overthrow the Iranian regime is and always was independent of the Iran nuclear deal.
With or without deal, the US deep state wanted to overthrow the Iranian government, no matter what.

Trump pulling out of the deal now, will not affect US/Iran relations in any way shape or form ... but the EU ... oh will they get pissed ! And that's so cool to watch! Degenerate incompetent EUrogarchs and EUrocrats getting nasty with all their fake news ... oh my!
Moreover, the USA has no own foreign credibility to safeguard with respect to middle eastern and third world countries. So .... nothing changes there.

The Russia consideration :
Russia still supports the deal. Why? Because there's no reason for them to withdraw from it and they always supported it ! Rather wait for the EU to brain# itself and withdraw out of the deal at the end of this whole story.

Finally arguments that the withdrawal from the deal by the US is an indication of impending war is complete nosnense.

P.S. the Armenia op to attempt to steal Caspian gas for the EU to bypass Russia will only lead the EU into another quagmire and this time Turkey would be affect by it as well.
edit on 9-5-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I have seen enough of this over the life time. What do I care if Don gets what looks like a stage RA RA session? What do I care what China thinks one way or another?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Fantastic!! Trump will have his war. I hope all you supporters of that draft dodging POS will sign up to help him fight it. It will be glorious.

I served my time enriching the war profiteers. Now it's your turn. All praise Halliburton!!! Raytheon, KBR...

You have proof or just the fevered workings of a delusional leftist brain?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozer
and yet Trump/USA supported the far more extremist regime of Saudi Wahabism. Israel Zionist leadership fear no Arab country because none can match it militarily but it stokes the fire to keep its population in fear and thus retained control. Remember both Syria and Ghadafi's Libya try the friendly route but end up with western agent provocateur fomenting revolution in the countries. I do not personally mind Ghadaffi going as he was a murderous dictator but Libya, Iraq etc are far worse off now than they ever were under the dictators. This plan to take over the Middle East has been in place since at least the 90's and each new Us president, Republican or democrats, has continued on that particular path. Trump was supposed to be different and yet he did exactly what The Deep state/ Zionist has wanted all along. What does that tell you about your leadership? That tells you they do not serve their people, remember most Trump supporters wanted out of the Middle East.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
This is exactly like the run up to the Iraq war where the whole world is shouting that the weapons inspections are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing, but the Republicans have completely different interests in mind.

What are you yammering on about? The Republicans (McStain/Graham/Ryan ) live this turd of a deal. Not all Democrats are Progressives just lile not all conservatives are Repugnants.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join