It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces pulling out of Iran deal and imposing sanctions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Looks like Bebe's announcment and documentation has taken the President past any further waiting period.

Sanctions again on Iran. Pretty good indicator that Syria is winding down as well.

The positive on this is the action by the U.S. should reduce the chances or likelihood of any immediate Israeli-Iran conflict....unless Iran wants to take on the U.S. first, that is.

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 8-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The world should now apply "maximum pressure" on Iran, as was done with North Korea. The KISS principle for getting Iran back to the negotiating table. This time with HONEST negotiators who aren't greedy and selfish.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The upside is those tax cuts should just about cover the cost of gas and heating fuel.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The upside is those tax cuts should just about cover the cost of gas and heating fuel.

Were the gas prices higher the last time we had sanctions on Iran? I don't recall.

+6 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Annnnnnnnnnd....Israeli influence for the win!

Who's your daddy POTUS?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Perhaps the apparent success with NK adds to the momentum of this action. One would hope Iran sees that NK's choice may, in fact, be the right play.

Trump might keep the sanctions going also as a reminder to NK that he means business and rhetoric won't suffice. If NK does, in fact, cease ICBM/nuclear development and world pressure drops, it might also reinforce the option for Iran to do likewise.

Much speculation on my part though. I get the feeling the two are intertwined to some degree. Could be wrong though.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Who's your daddy POTUS?

I see it the other way around.

+6 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How was this "agreement" keeping oil prices low ?

🤦👋

+5 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Obama legacy crumbling.

😎

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Who's your daddy POTUS?

I see it the other way around.

Please expand....

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
why am I giving Iran billions of dollars when the roads in the state I live in have become like off road driving?

I swear if you drive down some of these streets and on some of these highways it has Mad Max level potholes

+9 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Actually , in your haste to deny anything righteous in the US , you didnt think about certain facts
The price of oil has zilch to do with Iran
The price is set by oil speculators in the market.
Glad I could remind you of the pesky little things called "facts"

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Bye bye to spontaneous checks of Iranian nuclear facilities.

Bye bye to any obligation Iran has to not expand it's nuclear operations.

Because I see no reason for Iran to hold up it's end of the bargain when the US pulls out, I highly doubt renegotiation or anything the sort going forth.

If anything I'd say this pretty much guarantees a nuclear arms race in the ME, then again Israel has had them for a while with no accountability bit to themselves.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It wasn't.
Refinery turn around season, and the start of producing the summer blend of gasoline always sees a spike in gas prices this time of year. Some just parrot what they see on the magic picture box.
www.convenience.org...
Butbutbut trump.......

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Actually , in your haste to deny anything righteous in the US , you didnt think about certain facts

And you even left off oil prices started dropping per barrel soon as rumors of pulling out started to surface.

link   
a reply to: RAY1990

They had no intention of holding up their end
of the deal, and had already threatened the U.S.

They got a shipload of money though, they
should still be happy about that, and do not
forget Obama bypassed Congress.

So what is good the the goose is good for the gander, right?

link   
a reply to: RAY1990

maybe they will collapse the mountain they are doing this under like they did in North Korea

something tells me Trump already has something else in the works otherwise this wouldn't be happening

god it's nice to know that someone in office isn't brain dead

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Gothmog

And you even left off oil prices started dropping per barrel soon as rumors of pulling out started to surface.

I didnt want to push my luck and have someone running outside and "screamin at the sky"

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes, much better Iran develop nukes than I “might” pay a nickel a gallon more. Then again, I’m sure the left leaning folks would rather rogue regimes like Iran get their nukes...so the U.S. can have truly open borders!

BTW, price per barrel of oil has been declining since it was rumored U.S. was going to pull out of last administrations crappy deal and renegotiate one that favors the U.S. and rest of the free world (as in Iran NEVER becomes a nuclear power, religious zealots running that country, don’t you know).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join