It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO: April Was Best Month For Federal Budget in History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

There has never been a sustained growth from tax cuts. Go ahead and point out when.

There have only been four periods of revenue contraction since 1960. Those were:
1970-1971, revenues dropped by 6 billiion (inflation crisis)
1982-1983, revenues dropped by 17 billion (inflation crisis)
2000-2003, revenues dropped by 290 billion (.com bubble burst)
2007-2009, revenues dropped by 470 billion (banking crisis)
So that's seven of the last 58 years where revenues have decreased and none of which were due to a tax cut.

The cpi is used to control inflation.

LMAO no. And to think you tried to act all smart about this. CPI is the consumer price index, it's a measure of the cost of certain goods at any given time. The inflation rate is determined by taking that price and dividing it over the CPI price from one year before. The federal reserve targets three percent inflation. They have three main tools to achieve that goal: Reserve requirements, interest rates, and open market operations. Those would be the control mechanisms for inflation, not CPI.
Look, I got my minor in economics, you're not going to be able to pull a fast one on me, economically.

The reason is we get cheap goods from over seas. Without that inflation would be terrible.

Cheap goods from overseas has nothing to do with inflation. That's dollar strength which affects very little here at home.

Also a total misunderstanding of why strong economies have trade imbalance. They aren't working in factories. They have better jobs.

Finally something that you almost understand. Trade imbalances don't take into account services, only goods. This is because in the past it was hard for there to be economic activity from one country to another in any form other than goods. In the increasingly digital world that's not the case.

Ps you have no idea why ssi has failed. Lol!

Yeah, pretty sure I'm not going to be taking any lessons in why a government program failed. Which has nothing to do with my comment on social security.
edit on 8-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: grammatical corrections

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: theantediluvian
you folks make me smile.
If Trump was for breathing, and tweeted about it, you would likely be against it. What is the democratic platform all about these days? I mean, other than "Trump must go".

They don't have one. Now the hay marriage is legal, maybe more abortion talk?

However Trump supporters also believe every single thing he does is 4d chess and amazing.

The entire economy has been politicized to win elections.

This is why you won't see real changes ever being made. Why you won't fill out a post card to do your taxes. Why there won't be a flat tax, a nst, or anything that would actually cut the government down in the unnecessary places.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Also let me clarify a few things since you are a disengenous debater and purposely avoid trying to understand the argument being presented to you.

No, you just are punching way above your pay grade in economics and don't understand what you're talking about. Your inability to use the proper terms isn't my being disingenuous.

I'm not even going to read the rest of your posts, learn some basic economics and banking.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The cpi is how kenesyian economics gauge inflation. Once again you purposely argue something I am pretty sure you know I don't mean in order to try and win an argument. In philosophy this is a falacy.

If you don't think the cpi is used to Guage inflation and also purposely used (the data silly) to play smoke and mirrors you should give your degree back.

If you don't think cheap goods were used to control inflation you are lost. The cpi is a bad judge of inflation and literally in reality completely relies on imports to control what the dollar can purchase. If you don't understand that you are lost. You can pretend away if we were to say loose a trade war it would devastate the US. There is no reason at all to gamble this for votes of blue collar workers. It's completely irresponsible.

Do you think taking tax money for social programs and giving them to corporations the government decides on is an actual free market solution?

Trading one bad idea for another is not what libertarians believe.

In fact even a BI is more libertarian than that.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Also let me clarify a few things since you are a disengenous debater and purposely avoid trying to understand the argument being presented to you.

No, you just are punching way above your pay grade in economics and don't understand what you're talking about. Your inability to use the proper terms isn't my being disingenuous.

I'm not even going to read the rest of your posts, learn some basic economics and banking.

Two fallacies for one here. Authority and grammar...

#winning

PS says the guy who botched the OP and got the deficit completely wrong.
edit on 8-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So do green card workers.
Your point?
You like paying extra taxes?
Most people don't.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

So do green card workers.
Your point?
You like paying extra taxes?
Most people don't.

I don't.

And no kidding do temp seasonal visas.

Apparently that is off the table because people are delusional about reality.

My point is the whole fn debate is an emotional appeal sham.

R and D love to use the debate to divide.

And it's frustrating. The employers get away with the larger abuse and gethe no heat.
edit on 8-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join