It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO: April Was Best Month For Federal Budget in History

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I understand you were triggered because of the CBO report. When in doubt play the race card.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Almost none. The IRS formed a task force just for this because so few filed returns with bitcoin gains.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

if trump was around he'd be saying the italians are bringing mafia and beat their wives!!! or would he not mind because they were coming legally? did you know al capone was an illegal alien?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

This is also for Krazyshot, who made a similar point:

Most businesses pay taxes on a quarterly basis. That makes april the first month of revenues including the new tax bill's effects. But yes, those filing for their annual return certainly paid last years rates. I guess that's a testament to how good the trump economy was last year, huh?

ETA: It also includes withholding from people's paychecks, which 'should' be down according to the arguments of the left.
edit on 8-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I’m sure you know there was plenty of opiate crises in the 60s and 70s (heroin), that big pharma had nothing to do with? (And I’m not a fan of big pharma).

I’m sure you also know we can’t compare crimes by illegals per capita of illegals because no one has any idea how many are residing in the U.S. illegally and how many unsolved crimes were committed by illegals (or not followed up on because it was gang on gang violence). Yes, could go the other way too, but your comment that illegals commit less crime was stated as fact, which I don’t think can be proven either way (again, per capita of overall illegals).

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: Dfairlite

Hurry and delete this tread before the Trump supporters find out, we have to find a way to spin this and credit it to Obama.

Oh maybe we can convince liberals that a surplus is bad, shouldn’t be that hard if we just use a bunch of buzz words and tell them a surplus is racist.

Liberals don't care about surpluses or deficits. They think money grows on a magical tree somewhere. Hell, from what I can tell it might not grow on a tree but it gets made from thin air on a printing press with nothing backing it, so maybe they are right.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Guess what, it doesn't matter if they commit more or less (but they almost certainly commit more since their first act is to break the law and to support that act, they have to break many other laws). Each crime committed by a person here illegally is a crime that shouldn't have ever happened at all.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Actually many in the crypto community that I've spoken to where rushing to pay taxes.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not going to count on it.

Link

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I understand you were triggered because of the CBO report. When in doubt play the race card.

Derp?

I was responding to a post about immigration. Clearly you were too "triggered" to comprehend the situation and fell back on "look I said 'triggered' to the liberal lol lol!" bull#.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You do realize we are on track for 750 billion deficit correct?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I always laugh at the chart you posted. The illegal entries are falling but it's still half a MILLION per year!
Your argument seems to be it's under control, no need to for action because it's not a million anymore. That's like firemen going home after the bottom floor fire is put out, whilst the top floor is still ablaze.
The number needs to be pushed to as close to ZERO as possible. THEN it might be time to ease off.

On another point, the chart also only shows "apprehensions along the border and inadmissible encounters". Are you sure that the border control has not been rendered less effective to the level where less people are being caught?

Finally, I wonder if you actually read the report or are just copying and pasting a liberal talking point?
IN the 2017 report (I have read it):

CBP continues to be concerned about the steady increase in the flow of unaccompanied children and family units from Central America, as transnational criminal organizations continue to exploit legal and policy loopholes to help illegal aliens gain entry and automatic release into the interior of the country.

edit on 8/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yeah. The community is aware.

Most have opened up off shore corporations to shelter.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
removed

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I’m sure you know there was plenty of opiate crises in the 60s and 70s (heroin), that big pharma had nothing to do with? (And I’m not a fan of big pharma).

Having nothing to do with Chinese immigrants of the 1870s and alot to do with soldiers returning from Vietnam.

I’m sure you also know we can’t compare crimes by illegals per capita of illegals because no one has any idea how many are residing in the U.S. illegally and how many unsolved crimes were committed by illegals (or not followed up on because it was gang on gang violence). Yes, could go the other way too, but your comment that illegals commit less crime was stated as fact, which I don’t think can be proven either way (again, per capita of overall illegals).

Actually, I didn't say "illegals" — I said immigrants because there's better data on legal immigrants. That said, what you're essentially saying is that there's no way of knowing whether illegal immigrants commit more less crimes per capita, which would mean that you also reject as fact the implication that they commit more than the rest of the population?
edit on 2018-5-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

$650 billion is what we're on track for, but probably will end under $500B.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

2. Illegal border crossings have been going down all by their lonesome: 
Graph

Why isn't your graph labelled? It's not because it represents "apprehensions" and not a total crossings figure, is it? That would be dishonest, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

$650 billion is what we're on track for, but probably will end under $500B.

If you say so. I stand by 720 to 750. Next year even more.

All for the 68 extra a month on our 120k with 3 kids.
edit on 8-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

$120k! You're one of those evil rich guys the left hates! You're in the top 6% of income earners! Quit whining and pay your fair share! You can send your $68/mo to the government so they can blow it for you. Here's a link. Put up or shut up.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Been a libertarian leaning independent most of my adult life.

It doesn't however make me want tax cuts at the expense of deficits.

Once they make some moves towards spending freezes we can talk.
edit on 8-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join