It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Will Withdraw From Iran Nuclear Deal, Trump Tells Macron : NY Times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Link

WASHINGTON — President Trump told President Emmanuel Macron of France on Tuesday morning that he plans to announce the withdrawal of the United States from the Iran nuclear deal, according to a person briefed on the conversation.

Mr. Trump’s decision unravels the signature foreign policy achievement of his predecessor, Barack Obama, isolating the United States among its allies and leaving it at even greater odds with its adversaries in dealing with the Iranians.

The United States is preparing to reinstate all sanctions it had waived as part of the nuclear accord — and impose additional economic penalties as well, the person said.

A second person familiar with negotiations to keep the 2015 accord in place said the talks collapsed over Mr. Trump’s insistence that sharp limits be kept on Iran’s nuclear fuel production after 2030. The deal currently lifts those limits.

Although both the White House and The Elysées Palace deny any such conversation took place

Also, Rolling coverage here :Link

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Quelle surprise ,with the official announcement due anytime now I don't doubt the story is correct.

Bibi will be happy.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It'll be like a birthday and Hanouka all rolled in to 1 for Bibi :
of course he'll be delighted !
Likewise, Russian arms sellers...

As with ACA and the Paris agreement
Trump can't come up with anything better, only to wreck things
Childishly pi$$ing on Obama's legacy
edit on 8-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The French president’s office has denied the Times report, which was sourced to a call between Macron and Trump.

Yet, the media is jumping all over the place to make this look to iran like it´s a done deal. I can see them try to bring that boat to turnover...

How obviously transparent..

+9 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Promises MADE. Promises KEPT.

MAGA!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Iran deal is a way for the globalist left to ensure Iran goes nuclear the same way Israel did, under the radar with the help of others.

Worst deal in the history of deal making.

+6 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There is no childish pissing. He is removing horrible deals that net the US nothing.

ACA - Way to much spent to simply allow people to buy benefits online. There were no new rights but taxes so if you did not want insurance you paid for those who cannot afford it. Screw that...

Paris Climate Accord - Yeah. A way for the US to send money into a black hole. Another horrible deal.

Iran Deal - That's next and it is about time....

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Promises MADE. Promises KEPT.

MAGA!

Yeah, THAT makes the world and especially the "U"SA a safer place....
It could be funny if the Trump-"U"SA wouldn´t be too(!) stupid and endanger the whole world with it´s stupid decisions to destroy everything Obama created!

If it makes sense or not!

But what would one expect from the puppetmasetrs around Trumpty Dumpty, all those Generals and beings like Bolton.

If it is true and "he" withdraws from the iran deal!

+1 more 
posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

To endanger the whole world....just how is that happening? Because of the Climate Accord or because of the ACA or because we do not want Iran to have nuclear weapons. The balance of power in the ME would shift dramatically if that happened. I suggest you google some images of Iran in the 50's. I think they all want to get back to that but are ruled by Shia Muslims and have been fighting their Sunni neighbors since their religion began.

Trump is putting the US first for the first time in decades.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

😮WAR !😮

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
a reply to: gortex

It'll be like a birthday and Hanouka all rolled in to 1 for Bibi :
of course he'll be delighted !
Likewise, Russian arms sellers...

As with ACA and the Paris agreement
Trump can't come up with anything better, only to wreck things
Childishly pi$$ing on Obama's legacy

Obama's legacy was destroying America rather than uniting it! Most of what he did needs reversing, Trump sees that and is acting on it.

Trump is achieving far more than could be hoped for. He will MAGA.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
lulz, the NYT is just passing on horse manure per the CIA's Global Engagement Center. More he said/she said baloney from the now established fake news. Meanwhile the global war continues anyway and people still think it could, maybe, possibly, happen with one wrong move.

Iran's bases in Syria will continue to be blowed up bigly from Lebanese airspace. They will eventually take it no more, and finally target a military facility inside of Israeli borders. The mind control machine will fire up at Mach 50 warp 10 and will market the cowardly, bold, heinous, brutal, agonizing, horrific, genocidal, unspeakable, daring and unjust aggression against our staunchest global ally culturally and spiritually! We could never stand by while our innocent and righteous family is wiped from the Earth by the hatred of Iran.

yadda yadda, givie it at least another ten years. I don't think they are hurt enough to retaliate just yet. Even the Russians keep talking a talk they have yet to walk.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So what part of Obama's legacy is ruined ?
-When he said defiantly to president Bush "Mr. President stop this illegal war"
-Or the "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

You know, I'm beginning to feel like it is 1980 all over again. We've come out of the "malaise" of the 2008-2016 era into a new era of real hope and change.

I don't like Trump and I didn't vote for him, but I must admit that things are, in general, looking up. He's no Ronald Reagan, but the press say some of the same things about Trump that they did about "Ronny Raygun". "He's going to start WW3" "He's going to make the world angry at us" and blah blah blah. It didn't happen then and it's not going to happen now.

Teddy Roosevelt said, "Walk softly and carry a big stick". The only problem is, sometimes you need to remind people that you have that "big stick". I don't mean use it, but let people know it is available and it could be used, if needed. Sometimes people forget...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
According to Fox News, the vice president told congressional leaders that Trump is going to pull out of the Iran deal. Sounds like it's a done deal.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's very simple to understand :
This deal was mutually agreed upon by all of our Allies and by Iran
The agreement was being complied with fully
It remains in the best interest, at least for the Middle East,
for keeping Iran from developing nuclear weapon capabilities.

What's going to replace it ?
John Bolton and Mike Pompeo's empty threats?

Trump is no leader, only unbridled recklessness
Trump has no foreign policy experience whatsoeve
Trump is a no-Nothing about the Middle East or it's history

And yet he still pulls this stuff off
All because of some, made-up-on-the-spur campaign promise?

This is Making America Great Again ?
Really !?

The US will rue the day that they elected this idiot

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
But on the flip side, Iran says it will stick to it if the other signatories do. This is a blank check for us and Israel to keep blowing up Iranians in Syria while the Russians keep making empty threats about defending the airspace. I guess we will blow up some more Russians too in Syria. Maybe Turkey will join in and diversify from blowing up only Kurds. NATO obligations and all.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
TV in the bar I am in just popped up with Trump announcing this.

OP

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Duplicate

edit on 8-5-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Does anyone have unicorn and puppy dog dreams of what Iran will do when this accord is over? Why didn't we negotiate a permanent solution to this?

Politicians just loooove kicking the nuclear can down the road.

Now Trump done upset their apple cart..........

The end result will be a permanent deal or Iran will show its true colors.

Remind me to negotiate my next car deal with Kerry. He will give me everything and it won't cost me a penny. In fact, he will pay me to buy the car!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join