It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn’t the Bible specifically condemn prophecy and such????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
a reply to: Abednego

If a person is doing these things on his own accord and calls himself a 'christian', he is committing a sin.

If a person receives these things and is instructed they are from God the Father, God the Son or their Holy Spirit. Then they are chosen, called upon by them.

To clear up which is which we are to peer in to scripture and see if these things are from God or not. And test them in the name of the Savior.
How are we to discern whether someone is legitimately recieving messages from god?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Abednego
The intention was to prevent people to understand the reality and the truth of things. Once you comprehend the spiritual realm, you understand that GOD is more than just what the bible says.
Do you understand the spiritual realm?

I'm just an apprentice in those matters. Still walking in the desert.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The intention was to prevent people to understand the reality and the truth of things. Once you comprehend the spiritual realm, you understand that GOD is more than just what the bible says.

How does one study the spiritual if it is intangible and only consists of opinions and thoughts?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 8-5-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

How does one study the spiritual if it is intangible and only consists of opinions and thoughts?

You need to search for it by yourself first.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Only then your teacher will appear. And he will not teach you anything, he will guide you. Because you have to find for yourself the truth.

That is the way of the true oral tradition.

It is then that you will see that the spiritual realm is tangible and more than opinions and thoughts.

edit on 8-5-2018 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
But there is also a second test; even a successful prediction doesn't make a true prophet of God;
"If a prophet arises among you, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder which he tells you comes to pass; and if he says "Let us go after other gods," which you have not known, "and let us serve them", you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams"- Deuteronomy ch13 vv1-3
"Whom does he serve?" is a very crucial point.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: DISRAELI

I’m pretty sure it says a prophet from god is ALWAYS right in his prophecies..

If they are wrong once. Then it is from the devil.
Was jesus wrong about any of his prophecies?

No Jesus wasn't, your understanding of what Jesus meant is wrong and there are millions of,explanations on the net
You are biased and you read articles that confirm yout bias

Jesus kingdom is here on earth, right now, just not the entire earth.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I take it in the context of ghost whisperer types. Tarot reading, crystal ball baloney, or those Ouija board reading type of activities is what is being discussed. Think island priests smattering the entrails of chickens and trying to interpret things. It is with those activities that the will of man is compromised with their own clouded judgement when the dark ones seek to corrupt.

A person hears their own will and conveniently decides it is the will of God, but really the darkness has deluded them with their own vanity, arrogance and greed.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

How do you know it was your god talking to them?

Because they say so, and (trusting in the Holy Spirit) we choose to believe them. Accepting that point is one of the basic premises of Biblical theology.
But if the words of the Bible don't come from God, then the verse being quoted in the OP doesn't come from God either, so the discussion in this thread becomes unnecessary.

edit on 8-5-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
But there is also a second test; even a successful prediction doesn't make a true prophet of God;
"If a prophet arises among you, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder which he tells you comes to pass; and if he says "Let us go after other gods," which you have not known, "and let us serve them", you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams"- Deuteronomy ch13 vv1-3
"Whom does he serve?" is a very crucial point.

And that's coming from a jealous God, that accept no other than him. By the way just by addressing other gods, is already saying that there others beings on the same level than him.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And that's coming from a jealous God, that accept no other than him. By the way just by addressing other gods, is already saying that there others beings on the same level than him.

No, it's the standard warning which used to be found in the commercial world; don't be fooled by fakes and imitations of this brand. Obviously there can be only one Creator. It is in our own interests not to be taken in by fakes and false claimants. That is why the "jealousy" is both rational and necessary.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Prophecy is not magic or fortune telling or summoning dead spirits. It's the Almighty God telling mankind exactly what he's going to do and he tells it through whoever he chooses.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

You might enjoy spending some time checking out Micheal Heiser and the Divine Council ...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That is only for religious matters. The fact is that GOD does not need us to be jumping around screaming aleluya and singing. He has no need for that.

Unless it is an egregor that need to feed on us.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

Doesn’t it make the distinction in the Bible that prophets are ALWAYS right and that one incorrect prediction instantly means you from the devil?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

For those who are seriously interested in this...

Best way I have found to study the spiritual is by studying those who are seeing RESULTS now...

There are many out there seeing good results but Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj appears to be THE best source of solid teaching I have found bar none...

A good place to start is here: Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj - How my spiritual eyes have opened - YouTube Search

Also this search brings up similar results: Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj - Testimony - YouTube

Currently I am listening to MP3's in the car that I have converted from YouTube videos using a free program on my PC called "4K Video Downloader".

For example, I search YouTube for "How to Wait on God Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj" and copy and paste the URLs into "4K Video Downloader" and copy the MP3s onto a USB drive.

Some other good search terms (search using the YouTube search function):

Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj - How my spiritual eyes have opened

How to Wait on God Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj

Lancaster Prophetic Conference

Neville Johnson

Bruce Allen

Some tips gleaned from Bruce Allen's book "Gazing into Glory":

Ok, so I’ve had it for a bit, but finally started reading Gazing into Glory by Bruce Allen. I knew of Bruce from the Lancaster prophetic conferences that he did with Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj and Neville Johnson for years... Guess what most of the book was about. Seeing God, moving into the Spirit, working with God. You know, all the stuff I’ve been pursuing. Here’s some basic notes I took along the way.

• First key – Passion. Search with all your heart
• Second key – Pure in heart shall see God
• Third key – Obedience
• A lot of talk about sanctifying our imagination. Watch what you put into your mind, focus on Jesus. ( Take every thought captive )
• “Imagination is reality according to God”
• “You’re as close to God as you want to be”
• “Jesus is no respecter of persons”
• Begin to practice His presence, focusing upon an image of Jesus in your imagination. When you read the Bible, picture it. When you’re longing for something from God, imagine it occurring.
• Passion, passion, passion.

The other encouraging thing was his story. He worked his way into this. He didn’t start with some big supernatural encounter as many others I’ve read. He didn’t have a voice speak out to start talking. No, he heard some of these truths and began to apply them in his life until he broke through.

It was a bit different than Neville or Sadhu, so that was good. Followed more along the lines of Neville. Use your imagination, sanctify it, focus it upon God. If you’re passionate enough and stick with it, God will use that.

For me what I’ve taken is I’m falling short on two things here. First the passion. I get it for a couple weeks here or there, but don’t keep it strong like I should until I break through. Second, focusing upon Jesus. I’ll do it for a couple days, but it’s tough. It’s tough to leave so much else out of your mind and focus to keep it upon the Lord. Strange thing is when I do it, it continues to be more and more real. Often I’ll stop and focus upon the Lord for a couple minutes and having this wave of love and peace flow through me, as if He’s right there ( which of course He is ). It’s like each time I come back to these things, they’re a little more real. If I can just hold firm this time.

Gazing into Glory

edit on 5.8.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I ran across this bible verse the other day and was kinda shocked...

Deuteronomy 18:10b-12a “anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord.”

Doesn’t that biblical quote pretty much condemn every evangelical preacher in history?!?!

It seems to me the vast majority of christianities Protestant leaders are constantly interpreting omens and such to claim “the end is neigh” !!

Hell, there are countless threads on ATS where Christians are interpreting their dreams, or claiming this, that or the other thing is an omen that the world will soon end.

most Christians' interpretation of Bible prophecy / end times suggests that the end of the era is imminent, based on Israel's return to nationhood, the formation of a prophesied alliance against Israel (Russia, Iran, etc, as mentioned in Ezekiel 38).
also look to Matthew 24; earthquakes, wars, 'love of many will wax cold', etc.
personally I'd have more problem with pastors that do NOT discuss end times.
prophecy exists for a reason. we would be remiss if we did not study and discuss Bible prophecy.

There is no shortage of Christian leaders claiming “god told me this was gonna happen in the future..”

Christians who prophesy on their own are seriously in error, such as those who come up with specific dates.

it's possible that the Lord does reveal events to people today. not for me to praise or condemn.
but if a Christian, especially a leader/pastor, says 'God told me XXX is going to happen' and it doesn't, he's false and not to be believed or listened to.
we don't stone them anymore (new covenant). might be good to discourage future false prophets though!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Those are helpful but still you need to have the experience of initiation. Is necessary that you turn your spirit and soul into the right frequency to receive the teachings. Otherwise you will end up knowing a lot of useless stuff.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
if a Christian, especially a leader/pastor, says 'God told me XXX is going to happen' and it doesn't, he's false and not to be believed or listened to...

Many times a prophecy is going to be conditional.

Remember Nineveh, this is especially relevant in the US currently...

Something has changed in the spiritual realm and America is now in the midst of a Nineveh reprieve and a 'clock reset'.

In 2012, Billy Graham wrote an article that almost looks prophetic now:

"My heart aches for America and its deceived people. The wonderful news is that our Lord is a God of mercy, and He responds to repentance. In Jonah's day, Nineveh was the lone world superpower—wealthy, unconcerned and self-centered. When the Prophet Jonah finally traveled to Nineveh and proclaimed God's warning, people heard and repented. I believe the same thing can happen once again, this time in our nation."

God is saying right now, ‘No, that’s not going to happen.’ The enemy has his timeline 2021 and 2022, and God is saying, ‘I have my timeline,’ and God does not go by any man’s written timeline – period. God has stopped the enemy’s timeline. So, you should just strap in. This is just the beginning.”

Military Tribunals Coming For The Wicked

Our prayers changed the nation. Something has changed in the spiritual realm! God has rolled back the clock, giving us more time. Judgment has been delayed. God has delayed the New World Order. Satan is having a hissy fit – demonstrating hate through liberal left and its media.

About a year ago, the Lord let me witness a brief SILENCE taking place in the heavenly realm. The Holy Spirit said that God was resetting the clock for end time events. The Lord told me He has heard the prayers of His people and He will intervene. There are two important reasons for such grace to be poured out upon a backslidden nation. First, the great harvest of souls about to come. Secondly, the Jewish nation of Israel needs America and the Church.

Has America experienced a Nineveh reprieve?

God has intervened in answer to the people’s repentance – the same as when ancient Nineveh repented and was given a reprieve for 150 years. The evil agenda of the powerful elite to destroy democracy and the U.S. constitution has been pushed back.

The Lord spoke to me about 30 years ago during a time of travail for America. He spoke His heart, saying that He desires to send a Nineveh type revival to America. The Prophet Jonah had warned the people of Nineveh what would happen if they did not repent – In forty days Nineveh shall be overthrown in judgment. Nineveh repented and God relented of His judgment. Ancient Nineveh did not experience judgment until 150 years later when future generations forsook God.

Has America experienced a Nineveh reprieve?

Biblically, judgment was delayed in the past when Jonah prophesied to Nineveh, and the whole city repented causing God to relent for a time period—however, she did receive judgment approximately 100 or so years later. It is believed by prophets of God today that the United States’ judgment has been delayed several times already because of a level of confession and repentance of America’s sins by a small number of Christians.

However, it is vital to note that the Book of Revelation must be played out, so there will be a point that America’s righteous redemptive judgment must be completed—it can be delayed no longer. We are now living in the time frame of the end of this season or age; during this time judgment begins in the Church of the Lord Jesus; and also to all the nations! And we are soon to enter a Revival along with this Reformation; and the demonic will be getting ready for their super awful final evil events as well—read the Book of Revelation. We are living in amazing days of both wonderful and awful things to occur. Put on your seat belts it is going to get very bumpy in the days to come, be in obedience, prayer, and doing what the Bible states to do if you are wise!

Prophetic Warnings for America

For centuries, one particular day has signified repentance for God’s people. It had deep meaning for Jonah, Moses and Jesus Christ. And this year, Aug. 21 – the first of Elul on the biblical calendar – contains a critical message for American Christians, as it will be the date of a total solar eclipse that will traverse the entire United States. A coincidence? Not likely, contended pastor Mark Biltz in a recent appearance on the “The Jim Bakker Show.”

“We are about to enter the month of Elul,” Biltz said. “And it just so happens that Elul was the month of repentance. It was on Elul 1 that Jonah left for 40 days to tell Nineveh to repent. It was on Elul 1 that Moses went up to Mt. Sinai after the sin of the Golden Calf, trying to make atonement while Israel was repenting for that. It was on Elul 1 Jesus went out into the wilderness for 40 days, coming out on Yom Kippur. Elul 1 starts the month of repentance and to have the solar eclipse happening at this time, it is of huge significance!”

Stunner! Eclipse aligns with biblical day of repentance

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If you don't follow/believe in Jesus why do you care?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Christian and I believe in Jesus. But I'm also aware that this is not the only religion in the world.
And there is good in this world, not only from christianity.

If they have never heard the Word then they too will be absolved....
If you know the Bible , the answers are there already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join