It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
ah, the "Cos" is at it again. first illegitimate daughter, now this... to be honest, and this is coming straight from a good, upstanding black man, he's absolutely right in what he said. i am tired of seeing my ppl treating each other like dirt.

once upon a time, we called each other brotha and sistah, and it meant something. now we refer to each other as "niggas" and "bitches". definitely something wrong with this picture.

what the "Cos" did 30 years ago have absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the man who stood up and spoke his mind about the fate of his ppl a couple of months ago. this attack on his character is a result of that.

i am gonna let u guys in on a secret... the biggest problem black ppl face today is not the white man, the asian man or anybody else... it's ourselves. Cos pointed that out, and he is absolutely right...

in the end, it's just sad, really...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Man, Bill Cosby is an American icon and to say otherwise is to spread lies. This guy was making crowds of black/white/chinese folks laugh in Vegas years before non-funny replacements like Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy were sold to us. Cosby was FUNNY!

The man even portrayed a spy with Robert Conrad in one of the greatest TV pairings ever! Cosby was like the Entertainment Michael Jordan of the sixties/seventies, if you ask me.

Coz for Prez!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I agree with spliff4020 in that they do need to stand up and take resposability for their actions. I think that should be for everyone across the board. His "kinfoulk" or "brohers" hasen't a clue that he is trying to help them out. I can't see Bill throwing it all away for a little romp. All the colored youth want to do is glorfiy rap music, wine, drugs, and violence. That is their main goal in life; Procreate and worship the above mentioned. I can't stop from laughing when I see one wearing his pants down around his knees and a cell ph. stuck in the ear. If they only knew what it signifies! As far as the Gloved One, I don't think he's going to beat it! Enter the Louis Faricon AKA Nation of Islam. When they find the Gloved One guilty, they are going to get L.A. burnin down the house and screaming "Raceism" at the same time. Watch and see if this does'nt happen. Stay tuned. M.J. spent $20mil. to keep a young boy and his parents quiet and has demonstrated a history of this type of action with little ill boys before. Actually the color change he has had might make him more attractive to the talented element in prison. He will wish he was in a fantasy world when he has to bend over and pick up the soap in the "mens"shower.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
many victims come out years later to report an abuse.does not happen right away. for most it is so much they cant handle it.for mr bill he could be a repeat offender.what bothers me about this case is theres other women coming out of the wood work about this and that could be a clear sign of abuse. t.v or hollywood does not make you a good person they just make you look good.i like bills humor but i will not vouch for him as a person.for we really dont know a person until we live with them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Fourteen witnesses sounds pretty serious! www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wow, I posted this here and on my Facebook page and no replies. Guess no one's really interested!

www.avclub.com...
edit on 22-10-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: Added a link found on his Internet Movie Database page, where they are talking about this.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

Probably because the blog reads like satire, has no evidence and has a trashy style to it.

Looks like someone's biased opinion to me, probably a feminist, another site adds this statement from the supposed comedian who apparently made the claims (Hannibal Buress):

"It's a weird thing, somebody filmed my show in Philly,” Buress said. “I've been doing that bit off and on for six months talking about the Cosby situation.”

“I just read some stuff and researched,” he added. “Anybody can get that information."

When asked if he regrets addressing Cosby in his stand-up routine, he said, "I said it, I've got to stand on it."

Sounds like he made a silly joke based on loose facts and got busted by a mobile phone camera.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, I hope it's not true but it sounds so serious. Why would Cosby pay off one or more of the accusers? He certainly didn't pay the woman claiming to be his daughter, although when cornered he at least admitted she might be. (It later turned out she almost certainly wasn't.)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Seapeople

I heard about his sexual misconduct years ago and the allegations were shut right up. I'll see if I can find the info. Of course I heard about it in Europe - but - maybe I can still find it.

Honestly - I can't stand the guy. He makes my gut roll oily. There's something about him that just screams 'evil' to me.
Just my opinion - and that's not an opinion I came up with recently.

Something happened to Mt. Cosby when he went from performing live, recoding and radio - to television and Hollywood. I don't know what happened - but it did (IMO).

Maybe I answered my question in answering you.

Hollywood.

peace[e
edit on 23-10-2014 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here's a timeline link that goes back to 2004. I'm not going to spend more time on this subject but I wanted to lend some credentials to my statement from above.

Sorry if it busts some of your bubbles.

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Bill Cosby=Rapist

That is a bad, bad guy. Don't defend a rapist. Horrible to do that.

I grew up on Cosby show and Fat Albert too, but it's time to put this scumbag to rest. We don't live in the past, we live in the present and plan for the future. When we find out an Icon that we admired was a really, really bad guy, we drop him and move on. Plenty of other Icons out there. Evolve. Stop clinging to the past.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not okay to defend evil actions but it is okay to mourn. We used to rush home from choir practice to watch Cosby!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The AV Club is affiliated with The Onion

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This seems to be the most complete account of the various accusers and their charges, which have not resulted in criminal proceedings due to a lack of evidence, though there was a payoff in a civil suit. www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: junglejake

I can see why you have 6 million stars.......Every so often a poster posts something so profound I have to say bravo sir bravo.

This is going to sound harsh to people who consider themselves progressive liberals. Part of the progressive plan is too make it all about the messenger not the message itself. This is a brilliant plan because just like this case you can tear the messenger down and the message falls with him. Even conservative fools are starting to use this crap because it works like a charm. People are so apathetic of mind they can't see past it.

edit on 27-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Seapeople

I thought there were 13 women who came forward and said he drugged and raped them, not just one or two.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

we here in Oz have had to accept one of our most famous exports is a pedophile. Rolf Harris and, he went to jail for it.

Just because someone is famous doesnt mean they are incapable of committing crimes.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am very sorry to learn that about Rolf Harris!
When I heard these things about Marian Zimmer Bradley, Arthur C. Clarke, and Bill Cosby, I wondered who was next!!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Janus
Bill Cosby has been accused of sexual assault? I hadnt heard that. I always liked the Cosby show, i find it hard to believe he would assault anyone, but hey Hollwoods a strange place to start with. Maybe someone is trying to put him in his place, whatever that may be.

Hollywood loves pedophiles.

Remember Shirley Temple, served up on a platter
Woody Allen is still revered and making movies, Polanski got off and Elvis did Priscilla when she was only 14.

Hollywood is a cesspit.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's just the media's attempt to destroy Bill Cosby after he told THE TRUTH! The media wants to demonize people by race and make them not speak out. The media HATES the protesters protesting the missouri michael brown shooting. They also HATE IT whenever a minority group (be it hispanics, blacks, or other) goes to college and starts being more responsible. It's a desperate attempt to resegregate America so that Wall street and tax breaks for megacorporations become the LEAST of our worries. They want us to destroy each other, encourage anti-intellectualism and runoff capitalism, and turn people into idiotic bigots who no longer becomes aware of corporate control. Dark money has something to do with all this too. Isn't it funny how it's all happening while Obama's in power? It's obvious who really controls the white house. The mega wealthy and the people making phony wars on everything. It's really a war on equality, equal opportunities for success regardless of income, freedom of speech and a war on science. It's all connected! They want to turn america into an idiotic place so that they can get away with the ideas ofAmerica incorporated and the destruction of 90% of the population. Why? Because the 1% owns 40% of the wealth, and mass hatred and racism and wars would kill off most people so that wealth and absolute power becomes even more concentrated to a smaller group, but most of the poor people get killed off regardless of intellectual views. It's becoming a bad place if you're a black or hispanic with a 4 digit IQ, but a wonderful place if you're a but raping illuminati cult idiot who is born into an ultra wealthy family. Rise of the gangs and a general hatred for equal opportunities and freedom, anti-hippie mentality, anti-intellectualism, hatred for the envoronment and a push for keystone XL pipeline, mega corporations and illuminati controlling governments and unequal education and wealth, and the resegregation of America. It's a bad day for peace. It's a bad day for a strength of character. It's a bad day for blacks and hispanics who don't fit the quote on quote "I'm a stupid idiot" and "I'm an a-hole gang" stereotypes. # stereotypes.
They want to force us to accept complete and total ignorance and think inside the box. It sucks!
www.youtube.com...
Go to shell, stereotypes! GO TO SHELL, DUMB mainstrean brainwashing MEDIA!!! Go to shell, idiots!
Bill Cosby was on point! It's time we all take a stand and take responsibility!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join