It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanos from the Avengers Infinity War - (spoiler alert) agenda programming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This thread title may only make sense to the folks who have seen this movie or know the Thanos story, so I'll briefly recap his motivation as a bad guy in the series: Thanos sees that most every planet he visits has an environment that is in decay and that the people of these planets are divided in to the poor who have barely enough to eat and the wealthy, who often destroy their environment for their own gain. His answer is to randomly kill 50% of the population on every world in an effort to bring people and their planet back in to harmony.

I know this is sort of silly, but when he was explaining his goals to the Avengers, I could see from an objective point of view how you could come to that conclusion and why it might not be a bad idea.

I'm not suggesting that I support the idea, but I get it... It creeped me out because I could see how the powers that be could justify a depopulation agenda. Sort of like how the Georgie Guidestones lay it out.

We see articles every day suggesting that with the advent of artificial intelligence and robot employees there will be a massive wave of unemployed people. Other articles suggest that many of the billionaires of the world are buying up secretive bunkers away from the coasts. With the trillions of dollars in missing defense department cash, one could wonder if there isn't a secretive and expensive effort to both provide a Continuance of Government and a post societal breakdown system in place.

Once self driving vehicles, robotic farm and factory workers are in place with high tech AI and automation, it isn't hard to imagine the issues that would become dangerous for the powers that be to deal with. Trying to provide work, food and health care and homes for 7 billion people is hard enough without the above challenges in place. Thats not even including the oil needed and environmental issues created by all those mouths to feed. By 2050 we will be closing in on 10 billion people.

Anyhow... considering that movies have been used to plant seeds in the minds of the populace, I figured I'd ask the people of ATS what they think of these subjects. Do you think there is a plan to deal with the worlds challenges once these seemingly inevitable advances are in place? Is there another way to deal with these challenges that don't require depopulation and do you see examples of these methods coming in to play? Are we just winging it and hoping for the best? Do you support Thanos or the Avengers. Hahahaha

What do you think?
edit on 7-5-2018 by Harpua because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2018 by Harpua because: title - spoiler alert

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The story is nearly thirty years old.

It was much quicker and gruesome in "The Infinity Gauntlet".

Depopulation agendas have been around longer for humankind. Of course, they usually involve a certain segment of the population that another wishes gone.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Spoilers alert would be nice for those who have yet to see the movie.

Anyway as for what I think, well there is actually a growing school of thought that the global population will actually start to fall. I know that there is the opposite view but those predictions all seem to assume that current growth will remain as a constant. However global problems will remain regardless

It is extremely unpopular but I personally think the solution to the worlds problems is basically a one world government type system. I would invisage something akin to the EU but on a global scale with more control yet still giving autonomy to individual regions. This however really will probably never happen.

I happen to also be increasingly of the view that we are all pretty much screwed anyway and it’s only a matter of time before we see a Nuke being used in anger. I believe that this will happen before 2050, or in my life time at the very least.

As for your last question I think I would be in team Thanos

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
We have billions of people on the insane growth at any cost bandwagon, why can't we have a few on the sanity bandwagon?

Assuming your idea is true which is unlikely.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

I can see that many people here, many/most in Washington DC, many/most in other countries leaderships belong on the side of Thanos.

I'm on the side of the Avengers.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Edited title for spoiler alert.

Studies show that the less wealth people have, the more children they are likely to have. This is assumed due to the higher rate of mortality for people of lower income families. So I would venture to guess, assuming jobs are lost to robots and automation, the population will climb steadily.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

What are you calling the sanity bandwagon?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is anyone on team justice league...... anyone.....dc movies.....no???

Ohhh that’s right they all sucked.

Well I am personally siding with team wing kong.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Twilight.

I'm on team Edward.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Twilight.

I'm on team Edward.

Why are all the hippies for team Edward

Pft well am a hufflepuff
edit on 7-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Damned Muggle.

*shakes fist*

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You filthy Mud-blood!!!
edit on 7-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
Do you support Thanos or the Avengers. Hahahaha

What do you think?

Team Godzilla, because eliminates the demigods, guards EA*RTH and disappears back into the depths not looking for recognition

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

When I was a kid, my father told me the reason we had wars was population control. His idea was when things got tense, they would just make up a reason to go to war. Afterward, there was more to go around for everyone, or at least the winners.

If that's true, we should be thinking about getting Africa to fight Asia.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Team Alex Jones!!!

His ongoing comic book radio/internet show has been faaaaaannntastic!
And you should see how many FEMA coffins I can lift since taking his preferred brand of supplements from his ads with the joy buzzers and the x-ray specs!!!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I'll bite.
I also try to put myself into the mental shoes of the global ruling elite at that hypothetical level.

Yeah, I definitely see where you are going... Once robotic farming, manufacturing, transportation, power generation, water purification, (even innovation / invention?) ect. is all handled by pre-programed systems or A.I.... Why would they "need" everybody? at all?
Along with all that missing money, which I too assume is being spent in that way or similar fashion.

There certainly has been plenty of foreshadowing of allot of nasty snip, if thats the way the cookie is going to crumble.

One of my personal theories is that the "Zombie Culture" is just getting everybody ready for the zombie apocalypse... the major difference is that the "zombies" wont be the un-dead, they'll be hungry masses on the verge of cannibalism, after a global societal collapse. Perhaps many included are ones who have grown up all their lives immersed into a world of smart-phones and Internet and never learned any real survival, evasion, or combat skills. Just a few agent provocateurs leading hungry hoards?? maybe its really zombies.
Or just entertainment.

Interesting post, I'll be watching that one soon.
On a lighter note, were at a point technologically that I honestly believe that even if they have been planning on killing us all off, and operating under that decades-long plan, we can save everybody.
Even if they've been moving the pieces slowly into place with no hope of turning back I really do think we still have a chance to stop it all and save everyone. Food, water, shelter, you name it. The tech we already have and the stuff on the way should be plenty IMO.

To me the real question is: even if they also realize this "would they even care?"

-Driver

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I thoroughly endorse population control for every other species of animal.
It would be kinda hypocritical of me to oppose it for humans.

I guess it comes down to which half I'm in.

If I'm dying i'm against it.
If I'm living I'm for it.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

What owlbear said.

The comic was actually far more sinister than the film and yes, the idea of balance and imbalance and the implications that come with it are not new.

I think theres plenty of conspiracy theories about people who want the clear down the Earth's population. For example, the fictional Illuminaughty apparently want to wipe out half the population using chemtrails, reptiloids, Mandela Effect, etc...

And in all honesty, in the film they portrayed Thanos as less of a baddie and more of an extreme realist.

I *kind* of see where he's going -- I mean, any system if left unchecked will end itself, whether the check is natural or artificial.

But I can't comment on the rest of the universe.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Z32Driver

Maybe we can save everyone that is here now. What about a couple of years in the future when there are billions more? The more people, the faster the population grows. What is the limit. I think we are past it already.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join