It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can anyone explain it? or can you give me some links about it? i was very interested in it when i was young, i am still interested in it.

Thanx

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This had already been discussed on another forum...

Here's the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Didnt know that thanx anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
One of the theories behind why alien ships "crash" has to do with gravitic anomalies, that may have been unexpected, and interfered with the gravity drives of alien craft...

I've seen some great specials before on this... One that I remember, showed some kind of ocean disturbance that affected a ship's bouyancy, and the ship would very quickly sink. Rather intriguing... I'll try and find some links soon....

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
But hasnt it beensaid that ships and planes just disappear without a trace.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
but many wrecks have also been found (and of both)....

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh really i thought none had been found, i heard loads of different stories like aliens abducting the crafts,ships etc etc

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Actually the water disturbance theory is caused by underwater volcanoes, that release a certain gas that combined with the sudden temperature change in the water and chemical reaction from other oceanic and airborne elements causes an almost instant whirlpool. Of course that doesn't explain the effect on airplanes, but also noted is the gas released, coming from deep within the earth therefore carring with it a high magnetic field,, e.g airplane instrumentations going crazy, and pilots losing control of their planes.

I think that was the jist of what I saw on a special about it a few years back. Sorry if any of this is inaccurate with the program.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i read that it was a gas which turned the water into basically quicksand, all the boyancy is removed so ships sink, even liferafts and people jumping overboard because ther is no boyancy go straight to the bottom.

The gas also affects airflow, so planes caught in these gas pockets lose all airflow, crash into a boyancy-less ocean and drown.

nice, ill be taking a trip there first chance i get.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You're partially correct. I saw an awesome show on the Nat'l Geographic Channel about a year ago and they displayed some amazing the theories. The one that stuck with me was the one regarding volcanic activities on the ocean floor supported by experiments... First of all, they did an experiment that showed that when volcanic gasses erupt beneath the ocean it changes the density of the water (Remember... boats foat by displacing a proportionate amount of water weight). These gasses form massive amounts of bubbles beneath the ship which then makes the ship heavier than the water that it is in and sinks, literally, like a rock. The showed several experiments of this on scale models and the ships sunk every time.

Additionally, this same gas, once it breaks the ocean's surface, changes the air density above it. Remember, airplanes fly by the amount of lift that they are able to generate beneath and above their wings. This principle works as applied to standard environemental gasses, not volcanic gasses. The resulting loss of lift and thrust causes the plane to crash. Again, this was supported by the experimentaion of scale model airplanes in a wind tunnel... when the gas was changed from atmospheric oxygen to a simulated volcanic gas the models lost all lift and fell to the bottom of the wind tunnel.

I was pretty satisfied with the explainations... enough so to cause me to close the book on this one.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by kozmo]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That's the special I recall alright....

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I was pretty satisfied with the explainations... enough so to cause me to close the book on this one.

i think a lot of people would save themselves a lot of time and effort if they followed suit

i find that explanation most plausible, myself. good post.

top topics

join