It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immediate Dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Had a first time experience last night.

It wasnt so much the content (sort of) as it was the timing of the dream.

As long as I can recall, all of my dreams have ocurred somewhere between 2+ hours after i fall asleep, and generally, within the several hours before waking.

Last night however, I had one of the most bizarre experiences in my life.

I was in bed, but nowhere near prepared to sleep, nor was I intending to fall asleep.

Well, next thing I knew, I was in some apartment building, I think in the UK. I felt really confused, but it was indistinguishable from the waking reality I had just been in (my bed), but there was an obvious disconnect in my awareness of the continuity of reality, hence the confusion.

Suddenly, I woke up, but it didnt even feel like waking up. It felt more like I had just warped.

I looked around my room, confused as hell. I had been lying in bed, i didnt even remmber closing my eyes, and I instantly went into a very vivid REM state.

I recalled an article I had read at least 10 years ago about people that could regularly do this, and were generally avid lucid dreamers.

I shook it off and put my head back down.

Instantly, I went right back into REM, same scene too.

I was in some dark apartment, I think in the UK. I noticed a sound at the door, so I walked up to it, dazed and confused. Suddenly the door began to open. I tried to hold it closed, but I was incredibly uncoordinated and dazed.

In walks an african or part african woman. She was smiling, but what I immediately noticed were her eyes. Her pupils were extremely dilated to the point that it was a bit creepy.

She smiled and said something to me and I clearly said something to her. What was bizarre is that I could really hear us speaking. I rarely ever HEAR people, let alone myself, in dreams.

She grabbed arm and began taking me around the building. I think she mentioned that something was happening. As we go from room to room, I noticed a commonality. All of the people were in a comatose-like state, with equally dilated eyes, and all of them were parked in front of their televisions I think all of the tvs had the same broadcast, indicating that some television broadcast had some massive effect on these people.

Due yo her eyes being dilated, it became clear she wws somehow partially immune to it. She then said to me,

"They're all dreaming."

That's when I snapped awake.

Totally bizarre. Only thing I can think of as to what caused it is a 10 mile bike ride roght before I got in bed.

addendum: sorry about the misspellings. This damn phone is impossible to type on.
edit on 572018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Very cool!

I know what you're talking about because it happens to me. Narcoleptics tend to go right into REM as soon as they sleep instead of the normal 90 minute cycle.

I had a similar dream state once where a giant dragon talked to me at the Giza pyramids. I saw a hybrid/ chimera on the back of the Sphinx consisting of dozens of animals.

The dragon said something like "You are in the sand, but for now, go back to sleep."

I believe sometimes we speak to guides in altered states. There are also bad things out there too..

I also believe sleep paralysis is a gateway to this experience, sort of a threshold. This is the key to out of body experiences.

edit on 7-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sounds fun. I've had countless lucid dreams and a few Astral Projections. Both are fun. If this is your first time, I suggest going on more 10 mile bike rides and exploring a bit more!

edit on 5/7/2018 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If I take a five minute nap I dream.... Some have said it may be a disorder, but I don't feel any negative side effects.

I dream whenever I'm asleep. No matter the duration I'm asleep, I dream.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If I take a five minute nap I dream.... Some have said it may be a disorder, but I don't feel any negative side effects.

I am the same way. I dream regardless of how long I have been sleeping. I dont have any kind of sleep disorder that I know of either.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Not really a disorder, but may be an indication of sleep deprivation...hence the need for a power nap

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Same. And often I go into REM and get imagery before actually falling into the sleep state.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

Same. And often I go into REM and get imagery before actually falling into the sleep state.

I think thats called hypnagogic hallucinations. Ive gotten stuff like that too, really trippy!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can dream with an hour's nap. Sometimes, really vivid ones, too.

A recent EEG from last week says I'm perfectly normal, even tho I passed out and did the same thing with 55 minutes worth of sleep. They had me do the sleep deprived one.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You might want to look into the concepts of Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming, one may line up with your experience.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I remember years ago I woke up from a dream, and I closed my eyes to go back to sleep and saw images in front of me, I ended up walking right into a those images into a lucid dream from my bed! It's really amazing the things the mind can do. I used to be able to lucid dream 3-4 times a night. Got bored of it though.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That’s a fantastic dream! It seems that it was full of messages for you. Nice 👍

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"They're all dreaming."

Deep dream, that one line in general said it all for me. You were subconsciously aware inside the dream, created by your higher mind. Cool.

new topics

top topics

join