It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Lied in His July 5th Exoneration Press Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So , Comey didnt have to lie. He is guilty of not upholding his duties.

Ok. But did he lie?

That is the point of the OP, even though it appears you are trying to deflect.

Without more info, it appears we cannot say he did and the OP is not true at this point.
edit on 7-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't know how Jeff sessions can keep up with all of this. Maybe he's totally Frozen now.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But did he lie?

Yes, from the original statement:

Second, I have not coordinated or reviewed this statement in any way with the Department of Justice or any other part of the government. They do not know what I am about to say.

FBI.gov

Comey also originally concluded that it was “reasonably likely” that Clinton’s nonsecure private server was accessed or hacked by hostile actors, though there was no evidence to prove it. But that passage was also changed to the much weaker “possible,” the memos show.

Comey’s original Clinton memo released, cites possible violations - The Hill

Who changed Comey's statement?

Peter Strzok, who served as a counterintelligence expert at the bureau, changed the description of Clinton's actions in Comey's statement, CNN reported Monday, citing U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Dismissed FBI agent changed Comey's language on Clinton emails to 'extremely careless': report - The Hill

Granted, Strzok is not a member of the DOJ, but he is was certainly, "part of the government."

I just now noticed this portion of my second linked The Hill article:

A group of people were part of the drafting process, using a red pen on Comey's statement before he publicly came forward, another U.S. official familiar with the matter told CNN.

emphasis mine

So it wasn't only Strzok who helped to edit the statement, it was a, "group of people."
edit on 7-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

No one should be surprised by this. Comey perjured himself at least three times. No doubt he would lie to the public.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I just now noticed this portion of my second linked The Hill article:

"A group of people were part of the drafting process, using a red pen on Comey's statement before he publicly came forward, another U.S. official familiar with the matter told CNN."

emphasis mine

So it wasn't only Strzok who helped to edit the statement, it was a, "group of people."

Link to circulated statement for input/edits

Rybicki, Baker, McCabe, Priestap.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Gee, that's funny. Other than Priestap, I seem to recall that all of these people have had some sort of consequence visited upon them.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So he didn't lie, in the context presented by the OP.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear, as it appears you and others are coming in quickly to deflect.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No deflection necessary, the OP is about unauthorized access to the email server. That seems to have happened.

There also happen to be other lies included in Comey's statement. Those are not deflections, they show further that Comey was, "speaking in a manner that is inconsistent with the truth."

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So he didn't lie, in the context presented by the OP.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear, as it appears you and others are coming in quickly to deflect.

It's a deflection like Flynn lying to Pence is a deflection from arguments that Flynn may not have lied to the FBI and had no choice but to plead guilty.

That said, I happen to believe that everyone lies and past lies aren't necessarily evidence of other lies.

But, I do believe that Comey is one nasty, nasty liar prancing around like he is a righteous bringer of justice and truth.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No deflection necessary, the OP is about unauthorized access to the email server. That seems to have happened.

No. The OP is about an accusation he lied in one specific statement, which does not appear to be proven by the information provided.

There also happen to be other lies included in Comey's statement. Those are not deflections, they show further that Comey was, "speaking in a manner that is inconsistent with the truth."

Other lies. So not the lie proposed in the OP. Again, glad we can clear that up.

The word 'other' is an important word, is it not? If you look at the quote you provided on Comey's "other" lies, he uses the word 'other'.

or any other part of the government

The people you listed work for the FBI correct? So they do not work for "any other part of the government", correct?

So the "lie" you are using to deflect is also not a lie.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is comey an IT expert?

Does he know what he's talking about?

Look how confused some of you guys are.

I have no clue, btw.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

But, I do believe that Comey is one nasty, nasty liar prancing around like he is a righteous bringer of justice and truth.

You are welcome to your opinion. As it stands, the info in the OP does not show Comey lied.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You are welcome to your opinion. As it stands, the info in the OP does not show Comey lied.

Oh, I think the OP is correct. If someone accessed anyone's inbox on Hillary's personal server without authorization...then they accessed Hillary's personal server without authorization.

Arguing semantics in this case crosses the 'dumb bullsh*t' threshold and I am not moved by it.

If someone unauthorized accessed an email account inbox on the State Department's servers, I would call it hacking, spying, breaching...all the ugly terms.

edit on 5/7/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No. The OP is about an accusation he lied in one specific statement, which does not appear to be proven by the information provided.

I went back and it seems as thought the OP never specified which particular statement was a lie. I presume it to be this one:

With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked.

Yet, an unauthorized access was registered.

I will agree with you that Comey is very specific in his mentioning of, "Secretary Clinton's personal e-mail domain," as opposed to the actual server or any accounts thereon.

So you have a partial point there.

Of course, this could also just be him adding some weasel room so he can squirm around and not be nailed on a specific untruth. (yes, I admit this is conjecture on my part, no need to point that out)

Moving on.

The people you listed work for the FBI correct? So they do not work for "any other part of the government", correct?

How very pedantic of you.

Let's look at another edited statement:

From MME's link

Would you say that, "colleagues elsewhere in the Intelligence Community," are people in an, "other part of the government?"
edit on 7-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: was missing an,"e."

Ok, I'm going to call my own self out here. After a closer reading, I can see that the above excerpt I pulled from MMEs link refers to the investigation of the server, not the crafting of the statement.
edit on 7-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: called self out

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
IMO the most interesting thing about this is that hillary's emails were never leaked, despite someone having had unauthorized access.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thank you for being honest. Tis rare these days.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

This was not Hillary's inbox.
edit on 5/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Whose was it?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You're welcome, I do try.

By the way, Comey didn't say, "any other part of the government other than the one I work for," and so the statement is still on the fishy side.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

You're welcome, I do try.

By the way, Comey didn't say, "any other part of the government other than the one I work for," and so the statement is still on the fishy side.

It should be reasonable to expect others at the FBI to help create their own statements and press releases.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join