It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Lied in His July 5th Exoneration Press Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Saying someone accessing an account with stolen credentials does not necessarily mean they got access to the server is like saying you know someone was in your bedroom without authorization, but they weren't in your house.

I admit that I was looking at this incorrectly, but your assertion is wrong.

If you hack an account, you get access to that account. That does not mean you get access to the entire servers content.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would say that really depends on the permissions of the account, wouldn't you?

If they access the administrator account, it's full open house.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I've already admitted I was looking at this the wrong way.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The FBI document says that "the inbox" was browsed. That would seem to mean the inbox of the account which was accessed.
edit on 5/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: introvert

I would say that really depends on the permissions of the account, wouldn't you?

If they access the administrator account, it's full open house.

Sure.

Is that what happened here?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I know what a domain is. I know that Clinton's server carried several domains. I don't know if the email account which was accessed was Clinton's personal email domain. I do know that Comey specified Clinton's personal email domain.

Probably a domain controller which provided a rolling authentication for the various sub-domains . To access any of the sub-domains , an access through the domain controller would have to be performed first.
I.E.
me.com
too.me.com
also.too.me.com

To get to the last 2 , you have to authenticate of the primary domain first.
Well , in most cases , anyway.
BTW , dont try any of those. Those were provided as examples....

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The FBI document says that "the inbox" was browsed. That would seem to mean the inbox of the account which was accessed.

Which is stored on the email server under whatever ID.(not on the local machine)
Which still required "hacking" (since it was a mom-pop IT firm , probably just about wide open)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Glad you did
For some unknown reason , my job requires me to be able to spell SMTP , Exchange , Outlook , SQL , and other irrelevant terms
And , I used to try and forget that pesky command - dcpromo . Used to spend hours monitoring a server remotely after running that command (about 16)

edit on 5/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 5/7/18 by Gothmog because: wow , that was strange

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Glad you did
For some unknown reason , my job requires me to be able to spell SMTP , Exchange , Outlook , SQL , and other irrelevant terms

Sure. Then you should understand that there is a difference between the server itself and domains.

The FBi report says the email account was hosted on the server, but Comey's statement was specific about Hillary's personal email domain.

I apologize for confusing the issue. Lot's of things going on right now.
edit on 7-5-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: MetalThunder

Comey's statement is quite specific, "Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain." Because of the redaction, we can't determine if the compromised account was part of that domain. So there is some ambiguity.

Yes we can be sure of that. In says that specifically in a previous of the event summary:

"on January 5. 2013 [redacted] e-mail account, which was hosted on HILLARY CLINTON's personal e-mail server, was successfully accessed from a Tor node [redacted] [redacted].

There's no actual ambiguity , it is just the cutoff points of the quote that makes it seem like there is.
edit on 7-5-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Glad you did

Sure. Then you should understand that there is a difference between the server itself and domains.

The FBi report says the email account was hosted on the server, but Comey's statement was specific about Hillary's personal email domain.

The forest was stored on ONE server in this case. So , there IS NO difference.
What do you think a server is ?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Glad you did

Again, I may have played a part in confusing this issue.

Comey's statement was about the personal email domain. The FBI report mentioned the compromised account was hosted on the server, but did not specify if it was on the personal email domain. As a guys who knows what he is talking about, you know that you can have serveral different domains on any given server.

Yes, the email account was hosted on her server, but that does not mean it was part of the personal email domain Comey mentioned.

So to say he lied about that, we would have to prove that email was part of her personal email domain.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I bet Comey don't know the difference between a local domain and internet domains. He was probably told someone had access to her personal email, and he threw domain in there in hopes it wouldn't have anything to do with the local domain controller.

There's a difference between Hillaryisacrook.local and hillaryisacrook.com, both of which are domains. If someone had domain access to her email on hillaryisacrook.local, I would be willing to bet, they had admin access, if they had gotten Hillary's domain username and password.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

It says personal email server. That would be the machine.

Comey said personal email domain. That would be something like clintonemail.com.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

If someone had domain access to her email on hillaryisacrook.local, I would be willing to bet, they had admin access, if they had gotten Hillary's domain username and password.

There is no indication that the compromised account was Clinton's. In fact, it seems more that it was not.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I was using her as an example. I could care less who's it was. My speculation is that whoever it was, they had administrative rights. If they are going to put a server in a closet (supposedly), then I bet all users had admin rights to that server. Especially if these Amwan idiots had anything to do with it.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Glad you did

Again, I may have played a part in confusing this issue.

Comey's statement was about the personal email domain. The FBI report mentioned the compromised account was hosted on the server, but did not specify if it was on the personal email domain. As a guys who knows what he is talking about, you know that you can have serveral different domains on any given server.

Yes, the email account was hosted on her server, but that does not mean it was part of the personal email domain Comey mentioned.

So to say he lied about that, we would have to prove that email was part of her personal email domain.

Actually , to clear this up check my response to Phage
And I apologize if I came off as rude . Nothing meant by it at all. I have been asked many times to take a "trainer" role at my job. Now you probably see why I do not accept.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Yeah, well. You are free to speculate. So why stop there?

The point is that there is too much ambiguity between the two things to state that Comey lied. It appears to me that he was being very deliberately specific. He didn't say there was no intrusion of the server.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
End game is not whether the server was "hacked" . It was the fact that Hillary had a personal email server that relayed and stored Federal Government information . Doesnt even matter if it was "classified" . The mere fact that there was transmission of "sensitive" information makes it a serious breach of government regulations. In which intent would not matter one bit.
So , Comey didnt have to lie. He is guilty of not upholding his duties.
Negligence
Period

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join