It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A typical day in Parliament Republic of South Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
For those aware of the collapse ongoing economically, socially and otherwise in South Africa this video will show you why. The "honorable members" wearing the Red jumpsuits are the EFF, Economic Freedom Fighters, a hard-line spin off group from the ANC that is even further left than the party of Mandela.

The subject of the attempted speech here is nationalization of the banks. Note that South Africa is talking of changing the constitution to allow land appropriation without compensation, triggering a revolt of landless people to set up shanty towns and claim land for themselves. This has been encouraged by the EFF who seem bent on causing general unrest.

The EFF is headed by Julius Malema of singing "kill the boer (farmer)" fame, witness how they not only raise their arguments but use every cheap tactic at hand to stop any speaker they don't approve of. Reminds me of how Antifa goes after conservative guest speakers in the US. Pretty annoying to listen to but enlightening at the same time.

The current trajectory of South Africa is a direct consequence of the policies, crimes and cronyism of these politicians. Complete social breakdown and possible civil war is brewing and these people aren't saying stop, they'e arguing it can't happen soon enough.

edit on 7-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Geez, now calling something "a mad idea", is instantly racist because it comes from a white men.

Rrrrubisch!!!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
they need to try flashing the lights on and off. Then ask the people in the red outfits to put their heads down. If you are going to act like little kids, they should be treated like little kids.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

They are forced to spend half their time in Parliament addressing each other as honorable member. If they dropped that maybe they could get something done. On the other hand maybe it's better that they don't.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So I did hear that correct. I had a bit of a hard time with the dialect. Watched it through, I also noticed "the racist" had to appologize and take back twice. Actually watched it completely, it was kind of fun to watch that madhouse.

It´s not really better here, but at least they do not scream and let each others talk. And throw racism accusations around.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The hypocrisy of it all is what gets me. Under Apartheid everyone got classified by race. Most will agree that is no way to do things yet new laws passed post-apartheid are doing the same thing under the guise of Black economic empowerment. All jobs and related industries have to meet certain criteria to get government contracts. Essentially those businesses must reflect the racial makeup of the population in their hiring. 90% of SA is Black, 8% is White, etc therefore for every 8 Whites hired they have to hire 90 Blacks, regardless of qualifications, experience or education. They are doing the very thing they say they hated about Apartheid. So much for a race-blind society.

SMDH

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think you ment "8 Whites" but I got it nonetheless. Desmond Tutu probably also shakes his head. Just proofes we as humans do not lern much from history.

Edit: Asktheanimals already corrected, don´t be confused.
edit on 7-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I got concerned and had to stop watching the video
The fellow sitting behind the speaker appears to want to have the speaker over for lunch
Literally

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes, I was thinking one thing and typing another.
Thanks for the correction.
Makes more sense now.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why not just leave South Africa all together.

The audacity of British/English to honestly think they had some right to that country is beyond me.

Go home and get over it. It's not yours and no one cares.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Why not just leave South Africa all together.

The audacity of British/English to honestly think they had some right to that country is beyond me.

Go home and get over it. It's not yours and no one cares.

Are you speaking about the Whites I presume?
The White population is split between English and Dutch/German ancestry,
I should add a good number of French Huguenots arrived in the 17th century.
They are home, it's been home to many since 1653.
There is a massive amount of historical distortion and outright lies being told about their history.
Few people were dispossessed by Whites, certainly no more than were run off their land by competing Black tribes.
Most of the land was purchased legally or gained by lawful treaty.
The "stolen land" story is just that.
Many Blacks are immigrants as well from Zimbabwe, Botswana, Congo etc.
They came to SA looking for work before Apartheid fell while economy was good.
If you're basing your thinking on the idea that Africa is for Blacks only that's a very dangerous ideal.
It's very hard for White South Africans (poorer ones anyway) to even get accepted for immigration.
Those that had money already left - roughly 20% of the White population

edit on 9-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Most of those people were born in South Africa. They're as African as can be.

Or are you one to hold the crimes of the ancestors against their children? Sounds like it.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

We all know how this is going to play out, you can bet your wage packet that the Boers are thinking something along the lines of the Orange free state ,becomes another country run and defended by the whites. Its just a matter of when they have had enough.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The conspiracy theorist in me notes that all the groups funded (created) and trained (indoctrinated) by George Soros, et al,

use these tactics.

...wonder if the EFF has his backing and financial support?

Destroy a country and then loot in the aftermath is pretty much his usual business plan.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

s.a. opposition's 'shadow foreign policy'

Ha. Nevermind...

There have been indications that Malema has been receiving monies from western organisations such as George Soros’ Open Society Foundation.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

China is actually the recipient of more mining exports from South Africa than the rest of the world put together. You can bet they have a hand in what's going on behind the scenes. I have heard rumors that China is building military bases in several African countries. The ANC during Apartheid was getting money and weapons from Russian and Cuba. Cuba actually had several thousand troops operating from Angola during the South African Bush Wars. SA and Rhodesia were fighting together against a massive sustained Communist insurgency. The West refused to even sell weapons to the SA government over Apartheid. They made an epic stand in a doomed effort to stop Marxism from spreading.
edit on 8-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The inmates are in charge of the asylum. I left south africa in 1990, I'm glad I did. I don't think I could tolerate this kind of BS.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I had a classmate in 6th grade (1983) who's family had immigrated from S.A.

They were very wealthy and got out quickly as soon as the political winds started to change.

Apparently, they got around the banking and financial embargoes in place due to apartheid

by purchasing a multi-million dollar yacht, sailing it to the US and selling it upon arrival.

Take note.

The VERY wealthy got out 35 years ago.
edit on 7-5-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The usual trick was to wear your gold jewelry massive chains made of pure gold.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've been somewhat involved in politics for around five years now, and I can say with absolute confidence that the kind of behaviour seen in the OP's video wouldn't fly in our Chamber, they'd have been expelled for the session then destroyed in local media.

The Chamber is no place to be acting like a child.

(When I say something like that, it means something, lol)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join