It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homogeneous: The Political Affiliations of Elite Liberal Arts College Faculty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Okay maybe not to the whole world, but the future political elites are all of your kind of scene judging by the numbers herein.

You are making a judgment based on number that appear to contain assumptions and lack other relevant context?

Ok. Not sure your comment about the "future elite" being "all of your kind" is worth consideration when you are starting from a position of ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's that simple?

At war with what?

What has changed in the last 10 years?

Didn't Ron Paul have scores of college kids coming to hear him talk?

What changed?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

People aren't looking to expand their knowledge IMO in many cases. They want to be right and defend turf. They don't want to understand the problem they want their team to win.

I can agree with that.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Does it matter?

Given the context of the OP, yes it does.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's that simple?

Pretty much.

At war with what?

Not "what", at war with "whom". And it'd be each other.

What has changed in the last 10 years?

Ideology.

Didn't Ron Paul have scores of college kids coming to hear him talk?

Not sure, don't really follow Paul.

What changed?

Ideology.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It may appear that simple but it's not....

Ideology doesn't just change. It's an effect of external pressure, subversuon, and manipulation.

Paul had millions of college students aboard his campaign.

That seems impossible today if you believe the msm.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ideology doesn't just change. It's an effect of external pressure, subversuon, and manipulation.

And there's your answer!

See? Simple!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No, the argument is not that most Ph.D.s are liberal, only that most at universities are that way.

There are a lot of Ph.D.s and you make a big assumption in thinking that Ph.D.=left thinking. This does not cover the many advnaced degreed professionals in the private sector.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I just wish we as a society knew how to target and address those issues rather than attack each other.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, the argument is not that most Ph.D.s are liberal, only that most at universities are that way.

There are a lot of Ph.D.s and you make a big assumption in thinking that Ph.D.=left thinking. This does not cover the many advnaced degreed professionals in the private sector.

We were talking about liberal arts schools. Which would imply a large focus on humanities.

I don't think physics professors are throwing cans at Ben Shapiro but I could be wrong.

I did mention engineers, MBA etc would be different.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That stopped the day teaching critical thinking and logic in our schools stopped.

Oh, wait ... what were we discussing in this thread again? Ah, yes, the ideological monopoly in our institutions of higher learning.

Gee, I wonder why we stopped teaching kids how to think and started telling them what to think. If they can't think, they won't question.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That stopped the day teaching critical thinking and logic in our schools stopped.

Oh, wait ... what were we discussing in this thread again? Ah, yes, the ideological monopoly in our institutions of higher learning.

Gee, I wonder why we stopped teaching kids how to think and started telling them what to think. If they can't think, they won't question.

I don't think it's just liberals. I think kids in general are less tolerant. I think social media has major side effects. I don't think it's the schools. Though they are part of it.

Again just a couple elections ago millions of college kids were going to hear Ron Paul speak.

Did conservatives take advantage of that or did they ignore it and treat Paul like a useless old crank?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I just wish we as a society knew how to target and address those issues rather than attack each other.

it's been said often enough that those in leadership orchestrate issues so that we will attack each other and ignore them.

We far outnumber them, they are not doing anything for our benefit.

Yet we blindly are manipulated day in and day out.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yea, things are so out of whack and ideas that oppose what is being pushed as righteous and mainstream are enough to have a persons life and career ruined. Thankfully we are not at the point of being re educated or put to death for our refusal to conform. YET!

This video starts out with East versus West, but ends brilliantly.

]]]

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I know what you mean I saw a video of hunters blowing up there 500 dollar yeti coolers blindly protesting there giving up the nra sponsorship.

I would love a cooler that could keep my deer meat cool for 24 hours in the field. I certainly wouldn't blow it up for politics.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I know what you mean I saw a video of hunters blowing up there 500 dollar yeti coolers blindly protesting there giving up the nra sponsorship.

I would love a cooler that could keep my deer meat cool for 24 hours in the field. I certainly wouldn't blow it up for politics.

I don't think you have a CLUE as to what I mean!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I don't think you have a CLUE as to what I mean!

Oh I do you just think it doesn't happen on "your" side.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
BTW do you know that the battle of 5 de Mayo is the only one Mexico ever won ?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
BTW do you know that the battle of 5 de Mayo is the only one Mexico ever won ?

I was rooting for Miracle Whip.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
But what about diversity and all?
We knew it was bad, now we have stats to prove it.
Do the media next and guess what?
It will be about the same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join