It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys aged 13 and 15 shot in Wealdstone, north-west London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: noonebutme

I'm not calling you a drone mate, I'm just saying that I roll with my own moral and ethical code. If it differs with the hardest gang in town I don't give a #, I do my own thing.
If you do your own thing then I wish you well. We all gotta survive in our own worlds.

On the mean streets of Cornwall, eh?

Careful, some of those tractor rallys are pretty hard core and if you add cream to a scone first they will take you down.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
A funny thing Ive noticed with a lot of crime reports is they very rarely give names of the accused or when looking for suspects they very rarely give descriptions anymore. It’s always “police are searching for 2 men”

Things that make you go hmmmmm
unless its a white man then they will give a description, the police and government are actually doing the opposite of what they want making people more racist

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Your British friend is, without wishing to be disrespectful, clearly not a thinker of note. For a start, his protestations about the arrest of the pensioner are utterly absurd. Anyone who kills anyone, for any reason in this country, has to be arrested, at which point they are questioned under caution, as they should be.

If the Crown Prosecution Service find, upon examination of the events, examination of the statement made by the person under questioning, and upon reading the preliminary forensic findings, that there is no case to answer, no charge is placed upon the individual, and they are released without charge, which is what actually happened in this instance as far as I am aware. He was only ever held on suspicion, was not charged with an offense, and has not attended any court hearing on the matter as far as I can ascertain.

He SHOULD have been arrested, as should ANY person finding themselves just having killed someone. The arrest is made purely as a formality, and to ensure that the person who did the killing is questioned and their statement given without the chance for the event to fade from their memory, so that their accounting of the event is as unsullied by time as possible. Its a reasonable measure, to ensure that information is not lost, and questions do not remain as to the events which lead to a death.

Your chums entire diatribe is toxic with right wing dregs, the barrel scrapings from the "dead arguments bin".

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I'm not calling you a drone mate, I'm just saying that I roll with my own moral and ethical code. If it differs with the hardest gang in town I don't give a #, I do my own thing.
If you do your own thing then I wish you well. We all gotta survive in our own worlds.

On the mean streets of Cornwall, eh?

Careful, some of those tractor rallys are pretty hard core and if you add cream to a scone first they will take you down.

...and don't # with the Morris men or you'll be finding a nice quiet spot in Bodmin moor.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I love ATS! Threads like these are so awesome. I wish they could somehow be televised.

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Haha yes, I love the British banter especially, we all take the piss a bit out of each other...but seriously, don't # with the Morris Men, you'll have a pigs bladder slammed over your head and be buried in the moors...and nobody will say a thing!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You're wrong on both counts there, but it's understandable why you would be.

Whilst the vast majority of the UK population are not permitted to own a modern 9mm semi-automatic handgun, residents of Northern Ireland can apply for a permit. Others in the rest of the UK may also be permitted to own one under section 5 with permission from the Home Secretary. The usual allowance is only for certain types of job.

Collectors may also be able to own a 9mm handgun under Section 7 (historical guns) - even ones that have not been deactivated. That does not mean they are allowed to own ammo and use them for general target practice however. I believe there are some odd things about section 7 stuff that does allow some to be kept at home (obselete calibres I think).

UK firearms law is complex and it's not a cut and dried everything is banned. Having said that the government seem to be happy to keep it complex with the illusion that everything is banned; they also like to ban things or change the rules and expect you to find out without anyone actually knowing the law has been changed! TBH it's so much bother most shooters seem to be content with a Shotgun Certificate and sub 12FPE air-rifles.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BigLes

So, in any of those very rare situations where an individual may be granted a permit to own a 9mm handgun, is it expected they were to also import their ammunition illegally from the dark web?

I cannot see how *any* legal circumstance where someone is permitted a functioning 9mm handgun in the UK, and meant to be *used* as a firearm, is then compelled to purchase their ammunition *illegally*.

Hence why some of us are in serious doubt about SATURN66's statements.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

that whole neighborhood vigilance thing sounds right on. if the law cant do its job, then let the tax payers who fund their wages kick out the bobbies and take justice into their own hands. kangaroo courts will give the government a reason to fine tune its policies. its a shame that things have to reach such a point, but that point will inspire a better world for our children...in theory anyway.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Nobody I know phones the cops for incidents, phone a mate, you'll get a faster response. Our cops are well under staffed and resourced, I like it that way to be honest.
Last time I called the cops was a neighbour had a violent ex stalking her, and I wanted clarification about reasonable force because I was essentially her security guard. The cop, a Sergeant, said if I caught him on her property so long as I didn't stamp on his head after I'd put him out and down then none of his boys would arrest me. They knew the guy was a bastard and they didn't have the people available to keep her safe.
Proper community policing, and I like that we rely more on each other than on government...in my world at least.
edit on 9-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Added "in my world at least"

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
QUICK! London better ban boys before more get shot!

Seriously though... I wonder what they will ban next..

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I don't think I have in anyway sought to validate the opinions or claims of Saturn66, merely to point out facts of UK law which are easily and often misunderstood. It's up to you if you believe everything Saturn66 says or not, potentially what has been said could be truthful, although why anyone that could find themselves under close police checks would do something illegal (and then admit to it on the internet) would be beyond me. As I pointed out in a previous post a small number of registered firearms dealers in the UK have been charged and convicted of modifying and supplying weapons to criminals - people breaking the law (especially laws they may disagree with or to enrich themselves) happens.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BigLes

Good points and info. Thanks for the update

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigLes

why anyone that could find themselves under close police checks would do something illegal (and then admit to it on the internet) would be beyond me.
That's exactly how I see it, although for the sake of discussion I generally accept much of what people say because "I don't believe you" is a pretty crap conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join