It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Hover Tank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This Idea came into my head yesterday and I made a draft drawing of it. It’s basically a Hovering fortress that could be used on major assaults on beach heads and desert warfare. It could also be used as Artillery and Armor support for infantry. It is mainly for spear heading military actions replacing the use of Tanks and Helicopters in this role.

Crew: 13-15
Armament:
1-Service to Air Missile system
4-Cruise missiles (inside the tank automatic doors open up and deploys the missiles)
2-50 mm guns mounted on side turrets (optional)
4-30 mm Automatic Chain Guns (placed in front)
1-125 mm Main Gun (mounted on a turret)
2-Rocket pads carrying 24 70 mm Rockets each (mounted in Front of the main turret behind the 30 mm Guns)
1-Surface to Surface Missile System (artillery mounted in the back in front of the 2 huge turbo fans)
Anti Missile Laser Gun( mounted on the turret).

Sensors:
I don’t know much about radars or anything of that matter but it would be equipped with the best systems in the world.
Ground Radar
Air Radar
Radar Jammers
R/Night Vision

Protection:
Armor Protection
Dynamic Protection
Radiation Protection
Thermal Protection
NBS system
Fire Suppression system
Optoelectronic suppression System
Air condition

I would like to hear some feed back on this idea and would also like to know if any military around the world has thought about designing this. You guys are welcome to add on more things to this. If I get time later on I will try to upload the draft drawing of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'd like to see a picture of the drawing.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I will upload the picture when I get home today.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That would actually not be a bad idea, but you need alot of lasers to protect it, with a good amount of a enery source.

Micrwave weapons to burn infantry and prevent missiles from hitting it, is the way to go.

It will disable tanks, planes etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A more advanced version of the Russian Zubr?

www.naval-technology.com...

I myself would like to see smaller, 1 to 3 men crafts ratehr the one easy target.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Odium]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
saying they have those specifications doesnt make them so.
from what you have set up, sounds like its gonna cost a lot, a bit too expensive for something to replace a tank

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How are you planning on powering it?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I had to upload the drawings to web shots.

This is the first one it has the Cruise missiles on top of the craft but they should actually be inside of it.

Side view nothing

I realized that I needed to put the rockets somewhere else so I took the Cruise missiles out and placed the Rocket launchers where they were. I figured maybe I can put the Cruise missiles at the side storage system on the Craft with a robotic arm that comes out and turns the Missile sky ward and launches.

I know the drawings are bad but i cant really draw that good.
I dont really know what engine it would run off of but it should be more powerful than th Zubr possibly even nuclear.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Killak420]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Killiak420, I liked the drawings. You have promise as a future weapons designer for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You need to read the military science fiction series about the "BOLO" series of supertanks, you would probably learn alot from that. Of course the missle launchers don't have to be turned, they could have guidance fins on the missles themselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The biggest plus of a hoover craft is its fast attack speed, you have to maximize this advantage and therefor want to keep hoovers small and emphasize the short/medium range attack weapons instead of putting all eggs in one basket, wich gives a heavy/slower vehicle and has a larger exposed crossection . Also, if you lose/damage one hoover "fortress" , you loose a whole bunch of weaponsystems at once.

You would want to put the long range cruise missiles on a seperate hoover that operates from a large stand-off distance at sea, not in the midst of your beachhead invasion.

Another hoover would be operating closer to the shore at medium distance and has SAMS that from this range can protect forward airspace for your landing troops as well backward airspace, the hoover with the cruise missiles.
Perhaps this hoover also has a truckload of some medium range rockets to soften up the coastal defences, just like the bradley MRLS system.

Finally you have the very fast and agily, relatively small attack/landinghoovers
To keep it light, better have not a turret and a tank canon but rather the GAU-8 Avenger machinegun you find on the A-10 Warthog, maybe som mortar with smart uided munitions, Use the spare room for more infantery transport. Turn the weak point of hoovers (their plastic skirts) into its strong point, no metal hull, thick kevlar skirts , composite low signature crew compartment, use fuel cell to lower ir and sound sig, good for swift night operations.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
I had to upload the drawings to web shots.

This is the first one it has the Cruise missiles on top of the craft but they should actually be inside of it.

Side view nothing

I realized that I needed to put the rockets somewhere else so I took the Cruise missiles out and placed the Rocket launchers where they were. I figured maybe I can put the Cruise missiles at the side storage system on the Craft with a robotic arm that comes out and turns the Missile sky ward and launches.

I know the drawings are bad but i cant really draw that good.
I dont really know what engine it would run off of but it should be more powerful than th Zubr possibly even nuclear.

the russians actually had such hover tank.. i had pictures of the real thing gotta find them.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yup, definatelu missiles only and no canons/turrets, these missiles would aunch vertically , just like from ships, to give 360 coverage. The hoover could tow a small helium blimp that has a phased array radar and optics to give capabillity to look over the horizon and detect planes/helicopters.

Ideally they would use a multirole missile that is both SAM/sufface to surface and has selective killvehicle like LOCAAS, I would still opt to use much more smaller medium range missiles than just a few big long range missiles, the hoover has the speed to quickly progress from long to medium range, not giving much response time, hence trading some short exposure for a lot more numerical attackpower.

Also, do away with the heavy machinegun, instead Among the skirts a bunch of metalstorm boxes that have the dual role of defeating incoming projectiles/missiles as well as clearing the surroundings in case of a overwhelming infantery attack

Put a bunch of excellent snipers with tripod mounted .50 on board of your hoover.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
How were you going to make it hover, I mean the conventional way we use now, or an anti-grvity generator?

Oh and cool design.

[edit on 2/21/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You'd also want vectored nacelle fans under the skirts for both ground-effect AND propulsion, as any exposed fans would be blown to flinders in seconds.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
How were you going to make it hover, I mean the conventional way we use now, or an anti-grvity generator?

Oh and cool design.

[edit on 2/21/2005 by iori_komei]

And who's going to invent an anti-gravity generator in the next 50 years? I agree that it is very like the Russian Zubr, maybe your one is bigger and better equiped?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

And who's going to invent an anti-gravity generator in the next 50 years?

Jeeze, you dont have to be rude, I was just asking a qeustion.

**shuffles off muttering curses**

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
All I'm saying is don't say stuff like that if it's not around, and won't be for a long time.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
All I'm saying is don't say stuff like that if it's not around, and won't be for a long time.

Anti gravity isnt that hard, all it is really is no gravity.

0 gravity is anti grav.

Hell you dont even need complete anti grav, just a big enough em force to push you slightly and let the fans do the most of the work.

I would suggest current methods, better and safer than fooling with massive magnets.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Who says it will be along timeuntil we have Anti-G generators, its a concept drawing, so why could'nt he have added Anti-G generators,
also, dont tell me what to do, I'll post what ever I please, as long as it fits in the site guidelines.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join