It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could pass six federal laws what would they be

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
1) max two terms all elected officials.

2) the US Federal Government no longer recognizes race. Human beings are male or female.

3) All federal spending is frozen. no department can ever spend more than this fiscal year. spending more on one thing means equal reduction on another thing.

4) US Government will no longer subsidize anyone's housing. (exceptions of course to military and temporary schools for federal employees). where does the Constitution say the taxpayer is supposed to pay for someone else's housing?

5) No organization or institution that receives tax money may be involved in the political process. Acorn, PBS, Planned Parenthood etc may not lobby congress or endorse candidates or issues.

6) No more tax money for PBS. the wealthy left is welcome to start a foundation to support and keep it going but no more tax $.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

1. 10% flat tax across the board, private, corporate, and gains, no exceptions, no exemptions. If you earned $100 last year, you'd pay $10 of it in tax just as one who earned $1,000,000 would pay $100,000.

2. Allow student loans to be dismissed in bankruptcy, end the federal subsidy of student loans completely, increase the number of Pell Grants available to students but also keep them 100% merit based (and no, the color of your skin, gender, income status, etc is not a "merit"...)

3. I'd pass a federal STFU law that effectively removes special treatment and protected classes of Americans. It's time for this country to get past this artificial Sneeches with stars upon thars horsecrap and start acting like adults again. No, not everyone will like you, tough snip, grow some skin, STFU, and move on... such is life. If you want a cake, sometimes you may even have to learn how to whip up a box of Betty Crocker (the horror).

4. National gun education in schools program. It is time for this country to return to our roots. There's far too much hatred and ignorance of firearms in the US. Stop that by doing exactly what Eisenhower did when he saw fat little children running around and formed the President's Council on Youth Fitness, only this would be on firearm knowledge and safety. The initial program would be facilitated by working with the NRA, Gun Owners of America, the Second AMendment Foundation, and NAGR.

5. Complete elimination of federal healthcare subsidies. This is the same as the student loan issue. The federal meddling has allowed prices to soar because the facilities know the government will ultimately pick up the tab. Stop that and the free market will drive prices down.

6. Tariffs on all imports. Global free trade is a losing venture for the US. While we're at this, however, I'd also include a serious loosening of federal overreaches such as federal minimum wage and many federal redundant regulatory agencies. Development of industry should be far simpler, requiring submittal of one document to a single agency with a very limited number of concerns to be addressed. Not the tsunami of bullcrap we've seen sprout out of the meddlesome Big Brother monster the government started becoming under FDR.

You said 6, I'm applying a #7... Trim the fat. Eliminate 65% of all non military federal positions, gut the NSA, FBI, TSA, and CIA and put the remnant under the singular banner of Dept. of HLS with a narrow internal focus and the majority of their attention directed outside the USA and to our borders. Return to a Constitutional definition of what the federal government was intended to be: facilitate trade between the states, protect the US from enemies, To quote James Madison from the Federalist Papers: "The powers of the federal government are few and well defined while the powers of the state governments are numerous and indefinite."

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

1) Jay walkers are fair game.

2) Brake checking is a prision felony.

3) Road rage is a prision felony (if you stop traffic or follow someone and / or confront them because you're upset with how they drive, You and your vehicle are'nt that important).

4) Blocking traffic because you or your group want attention is a prision felony.

5) You can use your vehicle in self defense for 2, 3 and 4.

6) Built in dash cameras front, rear and driver in all vehicles as well vehicle telemetry as part of a 72 hour black box. (Maybe uploads to satellite on collison).

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
1. Legalize all drugs, tax the # out of private dispensaries
2. Murder,violent rape,pedos= death penalty
3. Repeal NFA
4. If you get ebt you have to do community service
5. Allow illegals to stay if they pay back taxes and pass a background check
6. Cease aid to any country that sponsors Islamic terrorism

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

9. Establish a nationwide ballot proposition system for which the people can vote on major issues, and by which the people can repeal/rescind any legislation passed by Congress.

I gave you a star nonetheless, but this is impossible. First you are assuming that ALL voting citizens are FULLY informed on ALL the issues and ALL the potential consequences of any LAW.

People will just vote "what sounds good to them at the time", you and me included.

It's called the Tyranny of the Masses and it's a terrible thing.

People can only be informed about limited areas, that's why the truly best and brightest have staffs to brief and advise on the many areas they don't know. If anyone says they have all the right answers, run away quickly.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I gave you a star nonetheless, but this is impossible. First you are assuming that ALL voting citizens are FULLY informed on ALL the issues and ALL the potential consequences of any LAW.

People will just vote "what sounds good to them at the time", you and me included.

Fair enough. There was a time I would have agreed... but at this point, I'd rather take my chances with the people than with the corrupt critters in power.

How about this as a safeguard: We grant all citizens automatic standing in any federal court pertaining to any law so passed... hell! For that matter, let's just make that any law passed by Congress critters too!!! And in keeping with #7, we require the ballot proposition to establish its Constitutional creds. We could also require a certain amount of time before implementation after passage with an automatic review period for challenges....

People can only be informed about limited areas, that's why the truly best and brightest have staffs to brief and advise on the many areas they don't know. If anyone says they have all the right answers, run away quickly.

True, but I'm still stuck on trust and power... we can educate the people, but we can't make good and honest men out of the corrupt in power!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: FyreByrd

Fair enough. There was a time I would have agreed... but at this point, I'd rather take my chances with the people than with the corrupt critters in power.

How about this as a safeguard: We grant all citizens automatic standing in any federal court pertaining to any law so passed... hell! For that matter, let's just make that any law passed by Congress critters too!!! And in keeping with #7, we require the ballot proposition to establish its Constitutional creds. We could also require a certain amount of time before implementation after passage with an automatic review period for challenges....

True, but I'm still stuck on trust and power... we can educate the people, but we can't make good and honest men out of the corrupt in power!

Sadly you may be right.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

4) US Government will no longer subsidize anyone's housing. (exceptions of course to military and temporary schools for federal employees). where does the Constitution say the taxpayer is supposed to pay for someone else's housing?

I know it's ignored but....

The preamble to the constitution:

We the people of the United States,

in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: ElGoobero

I know it's ignored but....

The preamble to the constitution:

We the people of the United States,

in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

totally don't see the logic there.

taxing working people to pay the rent for non-working people does not promote the general welfare.

FEMA camps after a disaster, sure.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This may be the best thread I've ever started. Terrific stuff. I really liked reading what people proposed.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
This may be the best thread I've ever started. Terrific stuff. I really liked reading what people proposed.

I expected more discussion but it seems little more than 'here's mine' one after another.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join