It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is no nudes. . . good nudes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Being from the Midwest, it would be more culturally accurate to say that the models will be plus-sized and wearing string bikinis.

They don't call it the Twiowa Zone for nothing.

Ashley Graham. Size 16. Thank God and Nebraska for those corn fed "plus size" girls.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh, modesty. That thing that only effects women. Men can fart around topless, in shorts and all tht, and people get upset when women, blah, blah.

Modesty is a way fir men to cover women up.

BTW, I think the sexualisation of women is an affront. Wonder around most parts of Europe and nudity and toplessness on beaches is commonplace and not worth worrying about. That's because outside of the bedroom, and on a beach a woman's breast, nipple, knee and face is not seen as overtly sexual.

Women should wear what they like, just like men.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No. I'm talking culturally appropriate.

Think less Ashley Graham, and more People of Walmart.

I love living out here, but we do have plenty of people who flaunt what they don't got.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have an old pic of Angela Merkel nude!

How much you willing to pay?

I’ll give you $5000 if you promise never to say Angela Merkel and nude in the same sentence again.
I came really close to losing my breakfast, not cool

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

When I'm talking something more modest.

I just want something cut to form without being skin tight. Why is everything skin tight these days? Why is everything leggings or jeggings, even when it isn't advertised to be?

You know. I want a little breathing space in my clothing.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Think less Ashley Graham, and more People of Walmart

Oh......OOOOOH!

oh

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

See I'm fine with that..

I mean yea, there is the trade off of PoW running around nude..

Just 'cuz some people get distracted and lusty shouldn't be a reason that everyone needs to be garbed in a sheet.

It's called 'self-control'...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Do these skimpy swimsuits affect your ticker?

That is making my eyes hurt. It's the clashing, banging colors doing it.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Peacetime

Wouldn't they be pretty much the same swimsuits? Or maybe in Russia it'd be like a bear fur bikini or something?

The Russian women shave off their beard and armpit hair to weave homemade bikinis.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
To the title..... no

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I just want something cut to form without being skin tight.

Crack on and wear something baggy if you don't like skin tight. Don't dictate what women wear. Men should not wear T shirts, especially when their belly cannot fit in it, or they are not wearing a moob bra, but don't see anyone ranting about men being modest and covering up.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This cracks me up! That some organization would knowingly commit financial SUICIDE out of political correctness is laughable in the extremes! I can just hear some SJW employee in the organization making the pitch to the editorial staff...

"Look, we don't need the swimsuit issue, it's crass and objectifies women...we can make just as much money if we put out an, uhhhh, crossword puzzle edition! Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket; let's do that! It'll be awesome and fun! SI readers will LOVE it!!"

LOL!!! I can actually picture that in our screwed up society today! LOL!!

In case anyone was unclear, the Swimsuit edition of SI sells more copies of SI than any other single issue. I'd bet the swimsuit edition sells more copies than the combined sales of SI all year. So yeah, let's kill it. (THUD!)

I will say this though, I think SI has pushed the limits in recent years. The actual "swimsuit" has become all but non-existent. They could tone it back a little bit and still sell as many copies. There's nothing wrong or unhealthy about celebrating the woman's shape. Hell, none of us would be here at all if it weren't for that. You don't have to put out a "W" rated version (W being one letter less than X).

That's my .02

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
If they change it, I suspect there will be no shortage of those willing to produce a new magazine with the good ol' shots.

I understand some of the movements etc... A lot of people here have seen me mention before that I was raped when I was 15.

Would I ever blame SI or even PlayBoy for that kind of behavior? No I blame the person who did the crappy thing.

So personally I don't get Why people try to bring these businesses down. It is beyond me.

While we are at it just legalize the sex industry period- but that's another rant for another thread.

Little miss wholesome midwest might be making a financial mistake if they do make it more modest.

-Alee

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So, just because I want something less skintight, I am now dictating to everyone else? Where did I say that? I don't think I did. I just said I wanted a few more modest offerings, and something "cut to form without being skintight" is to baggy what a swimming pool full of water is to a damp cloth.

Good grief!

This kind of hyperbole makes you impossible to take seriously.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So, just because I want something less skintight, I am now dictating to everyone else? Where did I say that?

No. You wear what you like. Just don't stop others wearing what they like. We agree on this, I think?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I have an old pic of Angela Merkel nude!

How much you willing to pay?

Don't you think we have paid enough by just reading this.

shivering at keyboard as I hit send.

OMG

I was going to mention my girlfriend Kathy Ireland just to scroll down the 1st page and ...............

may I be excused

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
...Sports Illustrated...

Oh biker girl, I´ll never forget your lascivious looks from the shelf I always ignored..

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just want to add the #meetoo
*wink wink*

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm an American, but traveled a lot as a kid. I will never understand this absolute prude mindset of the US when it comes to nudity. It's just weird to me.

Especially the idea of swimming with clothes on...just weird. I mean, I grew up with these ideas forced upon me, but I still don't get it.

Even weirder...folks who would shriek for others to see them in their underwear, then wear WAY less on the beach and it's just fine. People are strange.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join