It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childish Gambino - This Is America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This video is awesome, reminds me of robocop. I don't like the genre but really inventive video

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Robocop?
Why Robocop?

This reminds me to Robocop:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The news segments that were all like, 5k people died in a mass suicide, now enjoy this 6000 SUX commercial

edit on 6-5-2018 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now i´ve got it!
Video is good!

edit on 6 5 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

thats #ing great man.
love it

he's hilarious

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
thanks again for posting it man.
he killed it

#in talented dude

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
youtu.be...
I like his old songs better....

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Dude has 16 million views in 24 hours.
It's a great video. Not the greatest song

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I know I was saying that to. The beat is very good but he could have done way more bars.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No one is comment on the imagery of the video??

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
No one is comment on the imagery of the video??

it was amazing. i got it right away.
he put it together perfectly. the 'black american' culture and the 'black traditional' for lack of a better term.
i love it. watched it many times so far.

like i said though. if i would have just heard the song i would have thought it was just ok. couple the lyrics with the video though and you have a #in killer.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I really love this video. It's also scary as hell. There's a lot of symbolism here that the right-wing crowd would either overlook or hate, since the message isn't solely about criticising "black American" culture, but America as a whole, and the place it has relegated to said Black Americans. The Jim Crow stance at the beginning is freaking chilling, for one.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I thought of posting this, but frankly I doubt if many here would have gotten the symbolism, which would require explanation not easily conveyed, the Jim crow figure for instance , the horseman of the Apocalypse, the Church shooting, the general violence in some of the poorer black communities , the nod from that other hit GetOut, one would have to view it more than once and not focus on the distractions represented by Jim Crow which is difficult to do and off course the care and reverence for guns ,more important than bodies simply dragged off screen.
This is how artist is supposed to convey a message and a critique Cough!! Cough!! . Kanye.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

If I dint read somewhere the end was the sunken place or about the guy committing suicide in the background i would never had figured out.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yeah especially if one hadn't seen Get Out .

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I thought of posting this, but frankly I doubt if many here would have gotten the symbolism, which would require explanation not easily conveyed, the Jim crow figure for instance , the horseman of the Apocalypse, the Church shooting, the general violence in some of the poorer black communities , the nod from that other hit GetOut, one would have to view it more than once and not focus on the distractions represented by Jim Crow which is difficult to do and off course the care and reverence for guns ,more important than bodies simply dragged off screen.
This is how artist is supposed to convey a message and a critique Cough!! Cough!! . Kanye.

I love the way he dances, embodying various attitudes like a sleep walking puppet, being who "they" project black men to be.

edit on 12-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There's also now a trend of recording people's reactions as they watch the video for the first time lol. It can be funny and the vid usually prompts some kind of thoughtful commentary, even if it's just a little bit.

There must be hundreds of reaction videos. Here's one:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Yeah I love watching the reactions from different groups of folks, and most do get it.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Yeah I love watching the reactions from different groups of folks, and most do get it.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i wanted to bump this in case anyone has been under a rock and missed it

this song is the #in jam.

his dance moves are great.

might have to get my lsd viking hat on, burn one and do the dance

top topics

<<   2 >>

join