It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain wants Obama to give his eulogy.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: intrepid

Since when has a trump quote needed to make sense lol..

He is constantly spouting nonesense..

Well quoting him improperly isn't aiding anything. In fact it made me waste time confirming he didn't spout THIS nonsense.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You need some help.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Boy is that weak deflection...

If the difference in the quote had ANY significance I would agree with you...

But since it doesn’t AT ALL change the context or what he meant. You might as well be complaining about a spelling error..

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

BURN!

Lmao...

How do I ever rebut such a well thought out andresearched rebuttal?!?!

Whatever will I do?!

Man... that’s rich..

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

BS. A soldier is a soldier. A POW is a soldier that is/was a prisoner. A prisoner that wasn't caught isn't a prisoner. That's not a spelling error. That's a fabricated attempt to make someone look stupid.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Young People....

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack>>> McCain sold out to some very dark forces and they pretty much controlled his every decision from that point on. The country is better off with him out of politics at any rate. May God have mercy on his soul, or what's left of it.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: BotheLumberJack>>> McCain sold out to some very dark forces and they pretty much controlled his every decision from that point on. The country is better off with him out of politics at any rate. May God have mercy on his soul, or what's left of it.

I agree. McCain is a sell out and he doesn't give a # about anyone who's served.

The world is better off now than it was a year ago, whether or not the Dems agree.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
nv
edit on 8-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I really think he did it just so he could have the last word. Trump would not go anyways. It is a petty 'gesture' but then again I have never been a McCain fan.

So McCain "the warrior" is getting praised by a worthy opponent? Obama? Maybe Obama will talk about his service...

Comical. McCain was a POW and a survivor but not a hero. He is a thorn in the side of the progress of our country. He will be missed by his family but not many others.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Comical. McCain was a POW and a survivor but not a hero. He is a thorn in the side of the progress of our country. He will be missed by his family but not many others.

I do not find it advantageous in any manner to state who will or will not miss him when he has passed, unless you are entrenched in your partisanship so much that you will use the man's death as a mean to be a douchebag.

In that case, mission accomplished.

It's sad that so many will piss on a man that has one foot in his grave, just because of politics.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Progressives in US Politics goes back Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. FDR and LBJ continued it. JFK was against it. It was a 100 year plan to control the US. It almost finalized itself during the Bush/Obama years. Very Very close.

Openly Progressive. No. Progressive Agenda. Yes. Always has been. Not a conspiracy.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

and it is sad that a man with one foot in the grave would continue to piss on his country instead of try to unite it in his final days. That is courageous. He is being a douche... That said, we are all entitled to our opinions and it is not about partisanship. I think he was a #ty politician. He gave Obama the election in 08. After that he continued to be a thorn in the side of his party calling himself 'the maverick'. He is one step below Obama on the narcissism scale.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

and it is sad that a man with one foot in the grave would continue to piss on his country instead of try to unite it in his final days. That is courageous. He is being a douche...

So you two have something in common? You both are pissing on something when there is no need to do so.

That said, we are all entitled to our opinions and it is not about partisanship. I think he was a #ty politician. He gave Obama the election in 08.

So it's not about partisanship, but it is.

Ok.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it's very hard to take your posts seriously when you are making your hypocrisy so obvious, on a matter in which all we have to do is be a bit respectful as the man spends his last bit of time on earth.

I don't care who he gave the election to or how I feel about him as a politician. He is still a human and I will not piss on the man before he is even in his grave.

After that he continued to be a thorn in the side of his party calling himself 'the maverick'. He is one step below Obama on the narcissism scale.

Ok. I thought this wasn't about partisanship.

Sure seems that way.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You read that and think stupid?!?!

I think people read that and think disrespectful @$$hole... doubly so from don one who has never been willing to physically fight for anything.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

originally posted by: Dutchowl

I agree. McCain is a sell out and he doesn't give a # about anyone who's served.

The world is better off now than it was a year ago, whether or not the Dems agree.

Yeah just forget about the Americans who served, Like this guy calling out the dink that #''d Americans everywhere.

Sad that I have to repeat myself.

edit on 8-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't care who he gave the election to or how I feel about him as a politician. He is still a human and I will not piss on the man before he is even in his grave.

So does this mean you plan to piss on him after he is in his grave? I think we should probably all agree to just piss in the toilet whether McCain is alive or dead. I see little to be gained by pissing on anyone.. the living, the dead, or even the undead.

On a more serious note, if McCain wanted to die with a little more respect from some people maybe he should have not been such a war mongering asshole. How many wars did that psychopath try to get us in? HONESTLY, I don't remember EVEN ONE potential conflict where he wasn't standing up there begging to amp it up into military action. Don't take me wrong, I am not anything near antiwar, but he would have lined up young men and women to die over someone taking his parking spot at the grocery store.
edit on 8-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well, to keep trump from attempting to play like they were buddy , buddy and all was forgiven at his funeral, but that’s a semantics issue imho...

So yea, to have the last word is fair... or keep trump from having the last word literally over his dead body..

Obama was his worthy opponent on the political battlefield...

I bet he doesn’t think trump is worthy to carry his or Obama’s jock strap on any field of battle..

The reason obama wasn’t drafted wasn’t because he rich daddy paid a doctor off to fabricate bone spurs... bone spurs that don’t exist..

Obama wasn’t drafted because there wasn’t a draft.

If McCain is a 10 in the military service column.

Obama is a 0, but trump is at -5.

Well -6 for the pow crack..

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

On a more serious note, if McCain wanted to die with a little more respect from some people maybe he should have not been such a war mongering asshole. I don't remember EVEN ONE potential conflict where he wasn't standing up there begging to amp it up into military action. Don't take me wrong, I am not anything near antiwar, but he would have lined up young men and women to die over someone taking his parking spot at the grocery store.

It's much less about showing him the respect because he has earned or deserves it. It's more about us conducting ourselves in a manner that does not put us in the same sort of category as him.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't wish him ill will in his waning moments on this Earth. I pray that God will forgive him for his war mongering ways. On the flipside, I see nothing wrong with pointing out that he obviously was more or less a Democrat in a Republic suit or that he must have been either in the pocket of the arms dealers or was out of his mind given his love of war.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join