It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain wants Obama to give his eulogy.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
I'd actually prefer McCain giving Obama's eulogy this week or next.

Or they both give Hillary's and then keel off into the grave for a nice topping of flowers and grave dirt....

Things to think and smile about while sipping a cup of Earl Grey.... with a touch of apricot brandy.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
He's a good speaker.

Provided his teleprompter doesn't break down.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't have many good things to say about Obama, but he can give a fine speech.

Of course I have no doubt that Obama would use such an opportunity to attack Trump/GOP and set up his usual strawman rhetoric for the media to salivate over.
edit on 6-5-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sad to see someone edge close to the grave, and instead of humble reckoning for oneself, instead lash out with a pompous condemnation of another, who did them no harm. To believe oneself superior enough, and arrogance in abundance, to announce publicly who will be excluded from their own funeral in advance, and spoken to embarrass the president of the USA..

What an embarrassing epitaph.
edit on 6-5-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You and I agree again. I don't attend funerals anymore-be it family or friend. It's so pagan and morbid to me and just adds to the misery of family and friends.

McCain should be able to have as big and fancy a funeral as he wants-he always loved being called a war hero-although that is debatable.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Easy:

"And then there was none!"

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

McCain saved ObamaCare. Maybe McCain wants Obama to thank him at his funeral?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is an awesome thing.

I watched this video on how Obama and McCain defended and praised each other during their campaigns in 2008.

It made me really.. really like John McCain. He's all class and a real stand up guy.

This gensture.. if accepted by Barack is the kind that can heal a nation... It's an olive branch across the isle..

It's love the enemy...

It's recognizing.. that even if we all disagree.. we are still people.. humans.. and we are all the same.. and we all have redeeming qualities and deserve respect.

This makes me really happy

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
This is an awesome thing.

I watched this video on how Obama and McCain defended and praised each other during their campaigns in 2008.

It made me really.. really like John McCain. He's all class and a real stand up guy.

This gensture.. if accepted by Barack is the kind that can heal a nation... It's an olive branch across the isle..

It's love the enemy...

It's recognizing.. that even if we all disagree.. we are still people.. humans.. and we are all the same.. and we all have redeeming qualities and deserve respect.

This makes me really happy

Those are really nice sentiments, but they don't actually apply to those two. What does apply to them are that they colluded with each other in back door secrecy to use each other for political self prostitution, including graft and kickbacks and favors. And ramming through unsavory legislation behind the backs of Americans.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I figured he would ask the beach boys to sing his eulogy.

Yes he could ask them ...and it's possible that perhaps O'bama may now see the fun side of McCain's ditty and even clap hands and sway his lanky frame giving the song a kind of gospel edge. There would be crying in the aisles. mmmmm, oh yay

link   
I suspect the funeral will be politicised.. would not surprise me to see cameras and MSM coverage.

link   
Christ u ppl!! maybe because ,regardless of his political disagreement he really likes the guy and found in him an eloquent speaker??..BTW why hatin on McCain, whatever happened to freethinker. and if he had asked Trump he'd spent no more than 1 sec about the old dead guy, the rest would be about his winning the unpopular vote, then crooked Hilary and no collusion.. MAGa..

edit on 7-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Not to mention, it's his funeral. He can invite or refuse to invite whoever he wants to it. There are a lot of people that I wouldn't want to come to my wedding, funeral, house, or near me in life in the first place. And if I'm feuding/beefin with someone the way McCain and Trump are, I wouldn't want those people coming either.

Also, the OP didn't even add a link, which is notable because if he/she did, it would say that McCain invited Bush and Obama to give eulogies at his funeral.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Its his right.

But its sad to make a deathbed request banning someone from your funeral. I dont want Trump at my funeral. But i aint banning him or dying.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well DJT wasn't exactly kind to the old man in life, calling him a loser for getting captured, while "his" claim to fame during that era was dodging the clap and managing difficulties like bone spurs..

edit on 7-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Fwiw...i dont put any special dishonor on not serving. I wouldnt join a military in peacetime either

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

WOW! You are a terrible person. Politics don't matter on your deathbed... Don't you have people in your life that have differing politics as you but are still friends or family? I know I do, and I wouldn't be so petty to exclude them from my funeral because they batted for a different partisan team than me in my life.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Fwiw...i dont put any special dishonor on not serving. I wouldnt join a military in peacetime either

I understand, but you wouldn't crap on those who did.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How is that "sad"? Who invites their enemies to their funerals? If you didn't give a crap about me while I'm still alive, then pretend to care about me in my death on your own time. If you oppose everything I care about while I'm alive, then don't show up at my funeral because you wouldn't be welcome. Funerals should be for friends, family, allies, supporters, etc. If a person decides that they want a respected rival to come, then that should be their call. But if that person also decides that certain people shouldn't be allowed to come, it's also their call.

If anything, this is just revealing how fake some people are. I don't shake hands with someone that I don't respect or trust. I don't allow people that I don't respect or trust into my house. I'm not hanging out with nor sitting down & eating with people that I don't respect or trust, either. I also wouldn't go to their wedding or funeral, just as I wouldn't want them to come to mine. I don't believe in that 2 faced, backstabbing, dishonest, BS.

If people want to be close, then they should prove that through their actions. But if you mock me, disrespect me, and oppose me throughout my life, then there's no way you're coming anywhere close to my funeral.
edit on 7-5-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm not sure I really care who shows up at my funeral and who doesn't.

I'll be too busy being DEAD at the time!

(I just hope Hillary doesn't show up because she'll probably pull some creepy voodoo - sorceress crap and make me into some un-dead zombie or somethin'!)

ETA...In fact, I'm not sure I even want anyone to speak at my funeral. Just dump my S# into a #10 coffee can and pour the ashes out over some mountain range in Alaska. Oh, and then take all the money you saved and go have an awesome breakfast at Gwennie's in Anchorage. That place rocks!! (Don't forget to get the reindeer sausage either!)

edit on 5/7/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join