It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain wants Obama to give his eulogy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Come on, now. You don't really expect people here to look deeper into the issue before kneejerk reacting, do you? People here talk about "fake news" and how the media can't be trusted, yet they instantly believe the partial blurbs they read in the media w/o fact checking it for themselves. lol

For everyone else, here's an article backing up the claim that both former Pres Obama and former Pres Bush are expected to give eulogies.
Obama, Bush to give eulogies at McCain's eventual funeral: report

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: heartbreakkid

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Proof positive McCain is a (RINO) republican in name only, and has lost his mind Literally. I do wonder if Obama will have a teleprompter.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: seeker1963

And why do we go to these? Family is mandatory. Aside from that who really wants to go? I could do without cousins and uncle's funerals. I've seen them what? Maybe a week in my whole life?

I am with ya brother! My parents are in their 80's and try as I might to tell them how I feel about looking at a dead body filled with chemicals to prevent it from rotting is a farce to me? They still believe in that tradition. Honestly? I want to remember my loved ones/friends as they were when they were alive with fond memories. NOT the decaying shell in a casket and all the crying and remorse.

I avoid funerals at all cost except for my family.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

That would be the guy still passing around the fake Barry Sotero story.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: seagull
It is his funeral. Is it not?

Talk about someone very thoroughly inside your heads...

The man is, apparently, dying. In a short time he will be most assuredly out of the picture. Who is speaking at his funeral isn't really of much import in our day to day lives, is it?

Apparently, it is.

Trump should go and toss the first shovel of dirt in the hole.

And here I thought it was the leftists that were supposed to be the hateful ones.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Doesn't surprise me as McCain was a RINO anyway.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Look, there are 2 ways to look at this, really... maybe 3 if you want to go way out into the ether with it.

1. This is a great window into just what a ridiculous sham we've fallen victim to. As far as "the establishment" is concerned, Democrats and Republicans are simply two head attached to the same neck. All the vitriol and venom is BS for the rabid masses and, behind the scenes, they're laughing at our stupidity.

2. McCain is seeking a "Presidential funeral" which is above his service and pay grade. The Maverick still burns that he was rejected by the National voters multiple times. IMO, this is likely a preview of the nonsense we will see when Hillary Clinton dies. It's ego driven, self important tomfoolery and he recognizes nothing will get the global media coverage like a Barack Obama delivered eulogy.

3. It's McCain's final middle finger to the people who supported him over the years. This is the "out in the ether" ones, though it is also the one that requires the least gymnastics to see as probable, based on the fact that he has made a career out of screwing and mocking his constituents.

Regardless, miss me with the man's funeral. I've said I won't rejoice in his death, and I won't. .. that's nasty karma and pretty childish horse crap to celebrate an old man's death, but neither do I have any desire or intent to celebrate his life. When he dies, let's close the book, toss it in a hole, cover it with dirt and walk away. Life is for the living, not the dead.
edit on 6-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: ZombieZygote

That would be the guy still passing around the fake Barry Sotero story.

Incorrect, I despise both Democrats and Republicans equally. But as its been pointed out by many people who knew him during his younger years, he was a crack smoking homosexual named Barry Soetoro.

Like all high level politicians, he was groomed for his role in the American political theater showbusiness from a young age.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A man's dying wish is not for me to judge.

Period.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Pretty much.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Period.

Somehow I find it hard to imagine you wouldn't feel a need to judge Trump's dying wish.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The expression on Michelle's face looks like "somebody get this damn white man off of me before I vomit." George looks genuinely happy though.
edit on 6-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Period.

Somehow I find it hard to imagine you wouldn't feel a need to judge Trump's dying wish.

What the hell has that got to do with anything?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Period.

What the hell has that got to do with anything?

Everything!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

McCain and Romney are both Obama supporters who pretended to oppose him.

I hope people can see that McCain is not unique.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I don't like Trump, either--didn't and won't vote for him.

When he passes, assuming I don't head out before him, I'll wish him peace, just the same as I wish it to McCain.

Edward Kennedy got it from me. Barak Obama will, too--though he's likely to outlive me. I garner nothing, nor does anyone, wishing ill upon the dying and the dead. It's a lot more telling about y'all, then it is about them.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

The expression on Michelle's face looks like "somebody get this damn white man off of me before I vomit." George looks genuinely happy though.

Actually, in every photo of the two I've seen, she looks like she's genuinely fond of George. They're obviously close friends (and no, I'm not making some sort of sexual connotation between the two... I only find the images interesting because of how comfortable they look together. In the group photos, Barack looks equally comfortable around them. I don't think Hillary Clinton is overly fond of any of them, but she seems to be alone in that.)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If I were someone running for office, I'd think twice about attending this even if invited. From what I'm hearing and seeing on it, it looks like this may be a rehash of the Wellstone Memorial.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If I were someone running for office, I'd think twice about attending this even if invited. From what I'm hearing and seeing on it, it looks like this may be a rehash of the Wellstone Memorial.

Yea, the MICC will be well represented. Hope someone is there to take down names.....I added the extra C for Congress.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join