It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The only thing I have to add to this thread is y’all got to try McDonald’s French fries dipped in KFC gravy. They had a south park episode with Cartman addicted to them and they weren’t wrong. That kind of deliciousness should be illegal.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, the food is mc D's is mostly frankenfood. You may want to see this video (and there are many more out there that exposes these foods in greater detail.)

Do more research on this subject. You're on the right track OP.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Toxic ingredients in McDonalds' French fries

The hydrogenated soybean oil contains TBHQ or tertiary butylhydroquinone, a type of butane that can have side effects such as nausea, vomiting and lowered estrogen levels. To defoam the oil, dimethylpolysiloxane is used. Dimethylpolysiloxane is a defoaming agent made from silicone. A silicon-based polymer, dimethylpolysiloxane is an ingredient in the toy, Silly putty.

edit on 6-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Roflmao at your limeric.

What you say is true, though.

I can get a basic double cheeseburg and basic chicken sandy two times a day for $5. Thats $35 a week.

Currently i spend $90 a week at the store on healthier options....

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh, I absolutely agree with the OP in that US food is utter s#, but not to the point where it's a deliberate culling conspiracy. It's company greed. If it's cheaper to bulk stuff up with cheap filler, or sub with far less healthy ingredients, well hello, no brainer there.
Just because this is legally allowed doesn't mean it should be accepted as OK & ignored, we think we're such hot s# over here compared to the rest of the world, but settle for crap to eat? That's a low bar, and it doesn't warrant respect.

I do like Mickey D's, but I can't stomach Burger King. I don't know WTF they do to their burgers, but I get the runs every single time I eat there, so does my husband. If we eat out, we tend to pick Five Guys over either of those two, however, and it is vastly superior stuff by comparison. I'd much rather spend $6 or $7 a person for lunch at Five Guys than McDonalds -- it tastes better, and lasts longer on the stomach, IMO. Which is what good food should do, last, not run right through you & have you hungry again in 2 hours like Chinese food (which I also love, but not the point here)

Although if given the choice between Five Guys and Taco Bell, that's a hell of a choice to make. Chalupas, or burgers. Chalupas, or burgers. FML.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Here’s a thought:
If you don’t like mcDonalds, don’t go...
But that’s not enough for the fascists....y’all seek to control what I want as well..

My wife is a physician(MD)...
We love mcDondalds fries and feed them to our children...

Sorry if our love of McDonald’s triggers you and your ilk..

-Chris

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well ya duh. Processed foods are different, then fresh foods, its how the modern world feeds litterally billions of people, how did you think this mass population of billions can be supporeted, when but a few short hundread years ago, a village of 50 everybody worked basically to support there daily diet?

Its why if you go on a trip to anywhere, and your system is used to processed foods all the time, you will likely spend the first week running to the toilet every so often.

Or really, even vice versa if people come here from Europe or some small country were they eat home grown foods and they try the double cheeseburger those greasy fries that never mold, and well there likely to be spending the first week of there trip running to the toilet every so often.

In fact its like that across different cultures and there foods as well. You can get accustomed to a certain cultural diet, and if you try something else, you body may not like it. You would be surprised what the human body can get accustomed to in taking and ingesting. Its a pretty versatile system, but does like to stick to those things that its used to and become conditioned to.

But ya! To much junk food is not good for you. What you need is just the right amount of junk food, balanced with a more healthier diet. But junk food has its place for sure. And to much of anything is not good for you. Even drinking to much water can kill you, and in fact has killed people.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

Dammit! Some knowledge must just never be uttered or ever be known. Now I got to try it sometime. I wish I had never started to read this thread. Its why avoid reading threads on ATS to begin with, one most are pretty redundant and stupid. And two? Stuff like this. McDonald french fries dipped in KFC gravy.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh wow. It almost seems you have answered your own question there. Its called a soft addiction. But ya, when you have people who's asses are as big as most small cars. Well, something there is a going on. A few generations ago, how would these people run away from the wild animals or even get out of bed to make breakfast?

The answer is they wold not, what we have here is a different breed of human. "lol"

But no, semi joking and snarky comment aside. I do believe most people are even adapting to all these new foods we have out there.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

The issue with this thought process is lack of education. If you don't know what choices you are making, is it really free will and freedom to make it? What has to be added for you to think it's too far? Arsenic?

"hello welcome to McDonald's, any and all food you will buy might cause extreme illnesses and cause major issues that are not commonly associated with the food products themselves, but with the additives we add to make it more addicting and better looking. Order when you're ready. "

Yeah, that's not the case. More people are just in the dark.

That's why I'm for mandatory labeling. I don't care if Monsanto did a study on gmos and said they're own product is safe, I want to know if the food is modified, I believe it's a right to know what I'm putting in my body - and forcing businesses to label is not restricting substances needlessly. It's simply ensuring consumers know what they are buying.

( for the record, I still buy gmo products, some organics where I can, I just like to know.)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Mach2
The government gets no say in what I care to eat. If they want to recommend, that's fine.

People are capable of making their own choices without big brother.

I'm quite pleased that the UK government enforces food standards and ingredients. How the # would I know if purchased food had dodgy ingredients in without relying on enforcement by government to reduce the chances?
Oh and you can go on about growing your own food etc but it ain't an option for me so mine is mostly purchased.
...but purchased food products in the UK are much more restricted than in the US, heck, loads of stuff you can't import here...I wonder why.

Here in the UK, they put Soya in most of the breads on display. I know of only two brands that don't use Soya. The government announced a tax on sugar drinks, so the manufacturers switched to artificial sweetners like Aspartame and Sucralose. Those too I won't buy. Energy drinks have that glucose corn syrup, so I avoid those too. I now avoid mineral water because of the high calcium and magnesium levels, which lead to hardening of the arteries. Instead, I now eat lots of apples because apple skin naturally decalcifies arteries. I also have to avoid cheese and cerial for the same reason.

Bread is now made using the CBP (Chorleywood Bread Process)
www.independent.co.uk...

There is also the hazard of acrylamide in bread (brown crusts) and other foods. I also have to watch the fat content of many food products because it is added to give food "texture" by the food technicians. Most of those premade sandwiches always add mayonnaise to the tuna. And they always seem to be prepared in facilities where Soya and and other chemicals may be present. I had to bring in my own sandwiches to my workplace because of these reasons.

There are charts showing how all the food companies are owned by multinational corporations:
thumbor.forbes.com...

Even beer production across the world is owned by five corporations:

www.visualcapitalist.com...

Same with media and fashion

www.lifecoachcode.com...
www.forbes.com...

All these companies are publicly traded so there is pressure to keep profits high and overheads low.
edit on 6-5-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

Even beer production across the world is owned by five corporations:

www.visualcapitalist.com...

It's surprising how many people don't know who owns their favorite brew. When we noticed how much of the various brands we drank were under the banner of one company, we decided to start supporting the little guys out there. Glad we did, mass beer is pretty lousy once you taste a good small brewery's goods. The bigger the company, the more of themselves they seem to lose to uniformity & blandness. We got a mix of Atwater Dirty Blonde, Founders Solid Gold, and Bell's Oberon in our fridge. I honestly cant imagine switching over to Bud or MiIller, or even Molson. I used to love Molson, it just tastes like "meh" now

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

People will come into this thread and say it has to do with profits, making things a cheaper way, and there is nothing overtly sinister about all of this.

But there clearly is an agenda to keep the American populace perpetually sick and obese, and reliant on allopathic, petroleum based "medicine", that from the start was engineered as a slow but effective genocide. You can thank the Rockefellers in large part for that.

I think it is more like cigarettes in when you look at cigars it is just aged tobacco, but cigarettes have about 100 chemicals that has nothing to do with tobacco. One asks why, and the best answer is to create a hyper addicting product than the one that is actually addicting already.

If you ever watch an older documentary Super Size Me it is about a guy who eats nothing but McD for 30 days 3 meals a day, and at about day 20 he was addicted to the taste and body dependency on the food.

I think it is all about 100% pure profit to get the masses addicted to their foods, damn be their health.

edit on 7-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

So this is just a thread to spew venom at the US and say look at us we are better than you?

No, it's a thread pointing out the fact that much US food is banned in the rest of the developed world for health reasons.
I'm not smug or happy about it at all, in fact I'm actually saddened that my cousins over the Atlantic are so let down by their government and big business.
It is why I think it is a conspiracy, why else would poisoned food be allowed for sale? Food which is illegal to sell in my country.

EDIT
Correction, you can legally sell it in the UK but you must label it "Not for human consumption".
I am genuinely saddened about it, this thread is no UK/US pissing match, it's about caring for fellow humans.
...I was sad thinking about it while eating my 'happy' meal earlier, McD's UK sell me a less unhealthy product than they offer to their US customers. That has to be wrong in my mind.
edit on 7-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
That's why I'm for mandatory labeling. I don't care if Monsanto did a study on gmos and said they're own product is safe, I want to know if the food is modified, I believe it's a right to know what I'm putting in my body

GM food is still banned for sale as human consumption here in the UK, but I'm guessing we'll have to accept it as part of any trade deal with the US after we leave the EU. One thing that is guaranteed though, it will be labelled as "US GMO Product" so we will still have an informed choice.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Yes, the food is mc D's is mostly frankenfood. You may want to see this video (and there are many more out there that exposes these foods in greater detail.)

Do more research on this subject. You're on the right track OP.

Interesting vid, and one I've seen before, but my essential point still stands, it is only in the US that McD's get away with their Frankenfood.
Why I ask, they have been controlled by the EU to not sell their # food to our citizens, yet US consumers are failed by their government.
It seems big business has won the day in the US, and it saddens me for US folk to be honest, genuinely saddens me.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyK22
The only thing I have to add to this thread is y’all got to try McDonald’s French fries dipped in KFC gravy. They had a south park episode with Cartman addicted to them and they weren’t wrong. That kind of deliciousness should be illegal.

Lol, I'm totally with you on that, KFC gravy is the mutts nuts, I even dip my corn cob in it...its drugs I tell thee!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Just watched this on youtube, checked their claims, factually correct by all accounts, tragic...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

have you seen this one

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
But ya! To much junk food is not good for you. What you need is just the right amount of junk food, balanced with a more healthier diet. But junk food has its place for sure.

I agree, I eat crap processed food often, but I'm physically active so I'm not fat, simple energy in energy out thing, it ain't rocket surgery lol
...but US 'junk food' is more junky than EU junk food. Surely you must see the questions there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join