It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RohitSuyal

I reckon the US McD's knows full well the 17 extra additives (or whatever it is) in their fries are because they know they are addictive and contribute to sales.
I eat healthy and unhealthy mate, difference is my unhealthy is less unhealthy in the UK compared to the US.
It's a scandal short of a conspiracy in my mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You seem angry that Britain isn't owned by Monsanto like the US is.

Nope, I will recheck. I am happy that Britain if thats the case is Monsanto free. I despise them and how they have a monopoly on "life" in many countries.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I was just one of thousands of people who destroyed Monsanto's test crops causing them to pull out.

Oops just catching up. Mate you're a Hero. Great work!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I was just one of thousands of people who destroyed Monsanto's test crops causing them to pull out.

Oops just catching up. Mate you're a Hero. Great work!!!

Cheers, but behave mate, just one of many people fighting the corporations, and it was a good laugh destroying their test crops to be fair. I love a bit of civil disobedience for the right cause, sabotaging hunts which used dogs to chase/catch foxes was another fun activity. The posh hunters on horseback hated us, but we got a partial victory when the law was changed.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I suppose there may be a few things that the UK has over the US, Wimpys burgers may have been one. I say may, only because not having tasted or been to one, I will never know. A sad state of affairs. Somebody should bring that burger chain back. Unless it died because it sucked? I suppose some questions will never be answered.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The food here IMO is essentially why everyone is mentally retarded and operating as if they were 22

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Lol, never owned a pair of sandals in my life, I wear flip-flops in the summer though, and barefoot where the ground allows me.

I had no idea that flip flops were not considered sandals? When did this happen or is this a British thing? In fact I never knew you guys had summer up there, I just thought you likely had a few days in between rains and cloudy days.

I thought summer over there on that island was a myth? Or maybe we just have different definitions of what constitutes as summer.

The biggest market for currently banned food in the UK will unfortunately be the uneducated, and poor people, the same people who are already buying the lower end crap 'food' on the market right now. Now, I might see what sandals are available in the shoe shop, and tie-dye a T-shirt or something, you've inspired me!

I would not be patting myself on the back just yet, and just because you think you have more nutritious foods or whatever, as that remains to be seen. And after all when your producing so much of these types of people? Yes just happened to hear about these people, chavs. Well, something is definitely in the water or the food supply up there across the pond, and its likely not good. For all I know you may be infected to, and as such I should not listen to what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I remember wimpy burgers as great, I really liked their banana splits as well, but I was quite young and I also went to a boarding school and ate boarding school food which wasn't great so my memory could well be skewed.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I had no idea that flip flops were not considered sandals? When did this happen or is this a British thing? In fact I never knew you guys had summer up there, I just thought you likely had a few days in between rains and cloudy days.

I thought summer over there on that island was a myth? Or maybe we just have different definitions of what constitutes as summer.
Lol, sandals are what Jesus and old men wear, flip-flops are for people like me who live by a beach. And yes, we've had a week of full sun recently so I'm expecting rain anyytime soon.

I would not be patting myself on the back just yet, and just because you think you have more nutritious foods or whatever, as that remains to be seen. And after all when your producing so much of these types of people? Yes just happened to hear about these people, chavs. Well, something is definitely in the water or the food supply up there across the pond, and its likely not good. For all I know you may be infected to, and as such I should not listen to what you have to say.
Lol again, of course we have our own pondlife here in the UK, but fact of the matter is lots of your food is banned for sale in the UK/EU. Perhaps if it wasn't banned we'd start having mass killings in schools etc?
I feel no pleasure pointing out that much of your food is authorised for human consumption while the rest of the developed world bans it for health reasons. But defend it if you wish, just sounds like butt hurt US citizen ego to me.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join