It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RohitSuyal

I reckon the US McD's knows full well the 17 extra additives (or whatever it is) in their fries are because they know they are addictive and contribute to sales.
I eat healthy and unhealthy mate, difference is my unhealthy is less unhealthy in the UK compared to the US.
It's a scandal short of a conspiracy in my mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You seem angry that Britain isn't owned by Monsanto like the US is.

Nope, I will recheck. I am happy that Britain if thats the case is Monsanto free. I despise them and how they have a monopoly on "life" in many countries.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I was just one of thousands of people who destroyed Monsanto's test crops causing them to pull out.

Oops just catching up. Mate you're a Hero. Great work!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I was just one of thousands of people who destroyed Monsanto's test crops causing them to pull out.

Oops just catching up. Mate you're a Hero. Great work!!!

Cheers, but behave mate, just one of many people fighting the corporations, and it was a good laugh destroying their test crops to be fair. I love a bit of civil disobedience for the right cause, sabotaging hunts which used dogs to chase/catch foxes was another fun activity. The posh hunters on horseback hated us, but we got a partial victory when the law was changed.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I suppose there may be a few things that the UK has over the US, Wimpys burgers may have been one. I say may, only because not having tasted or been to one, I will never know. A sad state of affairs. Somebody should bring that burger chain back. Unless it died because it sucked? I suppose some questions will never be answered.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The food here IMO is essentially why everyone is mentally retarded and operating as if they were 22

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Lol, never owned a pair of sandals in my life, I wear flip-flops in the summer though, and barefoot where the ground allows me.

I had no idea that flip flops were not considered sandals? When did this happen or is this a British thing? In fact I never knew you guys had summer up there, I just thought you likely had a few days in between rains and cloudy days.

I thought summer over there on that island was a myth? Or maybe we just have different definitions of what constitutes as summer.

The biggest market for currently banned food in the UK will unfortunately be the uneducated, and poor people, the same people who are already buying the lower end crap 'food' on the market right now. Now, I might see what sandals are available in the shoe shop, and tie-dye a T-shirt or something, you've inspired me!

I would not be patting myself on the back just yet, and just because you think you have more nutritious foods or whatever, as that remains to be seen. And after all when your producing so much of these types of people? Yes just happened to hear about these people, chavs. Well, something is definitely in the water or the food supply up there across the pond, and its likely not good. For all I know you may be infected to, and as such I should not listen to what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I remember wimpy burgers as great, I really liked their banana splits as well, but I was quite young and I also went to a boarding school and ate boarding school food which wasn't great so my memory could well be skewed.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I had no idea that flip flops were not considered sandals? When did this happen or is this a British thing? In fact I never knew you guys had summer up there, I just thought you likely had a few days in between rains and cloudy days.

I thought summer over there on that island was a myth? Or maybe we just have different definitions of what constitutes as summer.
Lol, sandals are what Jesus and old men wear, flip-flops are for people like me who live by a beach. And yes, we've had a week of full sun recently so I'm expecting rain anyytime soon.

I would not be patting myself on the back just yet, and just because you think you have more nutritious foods or whatever, as that remains to be seen. And after all when your producing so much of these types of people? Yes just happened to hear about these people, chavs. Well, something is definitely in the water or the food supply up there across the pond, and its likely not good. For all I know you may be infected to, and as such I should not listen to what you have to say.
Lol again, of course we have our own pondlife here in the UK, but fact of the matter is lots of your food is banned for sale in the UK/EU. Perhaps if it wasn't banned we'd start having mass killings in schools etc?
I feel no pleasure pointing out that much of your food is authorised for human consumption while the rest of the developed world bans it for health reasons. But defend it if you wish, just sounds like butt hurt US citizen ego to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey my favorite part of school was lunch, and that bell at the end which meant you could go home, PE, and history class came a close third at best. Though I think now looking back most of the food at the school lunch would be close and considered pretty much the same you would find at truck stop shops. Not that great, but back then, when I was a kid, it was the best thing ever.

Don't know about this wimpy burger place, but if its still not around, couldn't have been that great...Right? Unless! There is a conspiracy to get rid of all the good burger joints and replace them with the crappy ones, McWimpys.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Listen dude, flip flops are sandals, in the genus of sandalia, derived from san -dals. Type "were did sandals originate" and you get two words, flip flops right on that first link brought to you by wikipedia, just so you get it right.

Why is it that every time I go online there are so many people who are just wrong. As you were not informed that flip flops are sandals? Well I suppose that can be forgiven, for now. But I do believe it should be a capital punishment to get such things wrong. If not the death penalty then at the least a few slaps on the wrist and a thousand hours of community service.

But seeing your from the UK, I suppose it can be forgiven, I mean you people must see the sun a few times a year or so, I can see how you would categorize sandals and flip flops as two completely different categories and things.

Lol again, of course we have our own pondlife here in the UK, but fact of the matter is lots of your food is banned for sale in the UK/EU. Perhaps if it wasn't banned we'd start having mass killings in schools etc?

I doubt it. Besides the more you live and see things, the more you start thinking that mass shootings may be a good thing. In fact some may say we dont have enough of such things. I don't know. But its something to ponder on.

I feel no pleasure pointing out that much of your food is authorised for human consumption while the rest of the developed world bans it for health reasons. But defend it if you wish, just sounds like butt hurt US citizen ego to me.

To tell the truth there are so many options out there that your point is mute. If you dont like something and you think its bad for you, why buy it and eat it?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'll leave you to the side-track argument about sandals and flip-flops lol
My point is not mute about US food though, of course you can choose not to buy it but does it not worry you that the rest of the western world bans most of your food products due to additives, heck even China bans some for health reasons as well.
But no land of the free owned by Monsanto and other corporations. I almost grieve for your nation.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Is that a bull mastiff pup in your avatar ?

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
nope does not bother me one bit. In fact cheap food has its place. And well, lets just say I have seen some of these people from other countries and places who eat healthy food. And well while some did look healthier, some did not, in fact, really did not. So ya! I am not worried about Monsanto foods, but maybe Monsanto should be worried that there getting out sold by other companies. As for additives, well believe it or not, over time you build up immuneties to all kinds of stuff, but mostly you learn what to eat and what not to eat.

But ya! Just as long as you remember that flip-flops are sandals as well. I think this thread is at a close. that is by far a more important topic then your secret fear of gravy dipped french fries. There is no need to fear french fries, you know just dont be gobbling them down like water, and you should be fine.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Ya! He was a fat little puppy some months ago, he would try to hide behind covers and other such, but he was to fat to hide all the way, you could always see his belly or back hanging out. He has grown and thinned out since then. To a slim and lean 100 or so pounds, at I think he's 7 going on 8 months old now.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Lol, I'll reply so long as anyone else does, the thread will be at a close with my last word lol
I don't fear fries and gravy at all, certainly not in the UK because they are simply potatoes fried in vegetable oil and given a dusting of salt. Not like the umpteen additive ridden chemical fries you eat in the US.
No, I don't fear food in the UK at all, your crap food is mostly banned here so I don't have to worry.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Good dogs I like mastiffs, loyal ,proud and beastly. I'm going to get a kelpie next, I have my gf's one next to me now, what a great dog, super smart and completely mental.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Hey is haddock still a thing ?

Which may seem as a strange question, I was just reminiscing of my years on the isle of wight.
edit on 13-7-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Haha yes! I had Haddock and chips at the harbour last week or so with an ex-girlfriend. Paid through the nose though, anything in the tourist zone is like a zillion times more expensive lol.
...real chips as well, not fake fries, actual potatoes cut into strips and fried in vegetable oil. Why McD's in the US adds so many chemicals to their fries is mind boggling to me, maybe it creates addicts so they sell more.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

It's funny that my fondest memories of food in England, the battered haddock and chips were special..

I'm spoilt where I live now, literally I am in hippie farming country, it's green, lots of rain and small population. To give you some scope, I live in the middle of a 100km pocket of no traffic lights, no fast food stores, very little industry, well except for excessive tourism, if god's country was a thing this would be it..

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join