It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i just played a few hours of the new Stardew Valley multiplayer beta with my husband today, him hosting and me visiting, and it was a lot of fun! it's nice to have someone else to water the crops, and you can go down through the mines together, which makes clearing levels a lot easier. not to mention how much it rocks to have one person planting crops and the other foraging, or fishing.

i've only had one minor glitch so far, and they've added some other new content that's pretty cool.

one thing that seems weird to me is that if there's a quest like 'help Robin find her ax', you both have to do it individually. come on, Robin.. keep track of that thing!

anyone else tried this yet?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I have played a bit with a couple of friends. Its a great chill game to hang and chat with people. Biggest bugs I have ran into if someone who is not the host disconnects in the middle of a day they lose everything they bought if they had it on them and the shared money is gone too. You have to restart the day or lose out on anything they may have done.

Shared quests would also be nice.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Biggest bugs I have ran into if someone who is not the host disconnects in the middle of a day they lose everything they bought if they had it on them and the shared money is gone too.

oh, that's a pain

the only bug i've seen so far is my community center bundles menu stopped working... if i just access it from my personal menu it won't move off the foraging bundle screen, and it doesn't show the parts that have been done. it worked the first time i opened it but now it's frozen. if i go to the community center everything is fine there. very minor as far as glitches go.

the only thing i'm annoyed with so far is that your clock keeps running during cut scenes. i know things have to stay synced, but i came off the beach at 7:30 and got caught in a cut scene that ended up lasting four hours! not sure what a workaround for that would be... my friends have just been skipping the cut scenes but i don't really want to skip them...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I’m guessing this is only on pc? I play on PS4 it sounds like something me and my wife would like.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Its being beta tested only on the PC. Dont lose heart the game was a PC only game at first but was later brought to consoles.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

what he said... and there's a port for the original on PS4. no multiplayer yet, but it should be coming

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
oh, and here's a neat thing, idk if you noticed yet... but you can 'nap'... if you go to bed you start to recoup energy right away, and then you can get up again, as long as someone else is still active.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This is fantastic news!!! Thanks for the heads up!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

This is fantastic news!!! Thanks for the heads up!

it's a little glitchy but it's super fun and there's some fun new content too

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's out for the PS 4

www.playstation.com...

top topics

join