It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France condemns Trump over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: notsure1
Yeah well its France so who cares..?

People who understand the importance of not pissing off their allies , seems neither you nor Trump are in that category.

It is arguable whether France is our ally or not. They rarely have our back and are fair weather friends at best. I consider them not our enemy, but definitely not friendly to the US or it’s citizens.

Have you ever been to France, or just outside USA at all?
Judging by your posting history I doubt it.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
If he learned meanwhile where Paris is, the capitol of one of his biggest sycophants:

Yeah, GET SMART!!!

Ich glaube ich werd narrisch. hahahaha. Pure gold.

But maybe he referred to 2 different things.... Might be after all
edit on 6-5-2018 by alexpmi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

People who understand the importance of not pissing off their allies , seems neither you nor Trump are in that category.

It is arguable whether France is our ally or not. They rarely have our back and are fair weather friends at best. I consider them not our enemy, but definitely not friendly to the US or it’s citizens.

Have you ever been to France, or just outside USA at all?
Judging by your posting history I doubt it.

Just jump over the Northern border for a quick visit to anywhere in urban Quebec and you will get more than your share of the French feeling...albeit the watered down Canadian feel.....you might wish to ask a few Canadians what kind of teammates the French are....they are no ones teammates unless there is something more for them to gain than others gain.......they are like rainy day sunshine you will NEVER SEE THEM WHEN YOU NEED THEM and they will continuously weigh you down and put demands on you.

Tough...yes..fine people....yes.....loyal to team...not so much.Having said that....OUTSIDE OF THE CONFINES OF QUEBEC I have worked side by side and befriended many French Canadians in my lifetime and I have some very loved French Canadian relatives....once you get them away from the safe little haven of Quebec and away from their little gang of Cultural Hi-Jackers they suddenly want to be all-in canadians....but god forbid you end up anywhere in Quebec as an Englais.

Maybe someone who has spent time in France can bounce their experiences up against this set of French Canadian experiences so we can look for contrasts or similarities.

edit on 6-5-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Only You can Prevent Free Speech!

Bought and paid for by the NWO. Donations accepted.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You couldn't even be bothered to quote what Trump said even though that's what your entire thread is based on? What a waste of time, I'm outta here... I bet what he said was not disrespectful to "the memory of the victims" and that's why you wouldn't post it. simply saying armed citizens COULD Have prevented the attack is not disrespectful. Stop crying over every little thing... Jesus....

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
Wow, just wow. Trump, other administrations before him, USA, the country as a whole has been losing touch with rest of the world for some time. Driven by thirst for control, power, money, influence and other factors.

That sounds like the EU Commission.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

That sounds like the EU Commission.

Yeah. It probably does. I was raised, educated and live in the EU. That might explain it. Different backgrounds, different philosophies and points of view.

Thinking about it, I should apply for job at the commission.

Cheers my friend

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: alexpmi

It is true though that USA and Europe are worlds apart, in many many ways

I think this is the key to your post.

We have different values and different experiences that create a natural division. It looks to me like Europe is giving up too many feeedoms and allowing too many folks incompatible cultures into its borders.

I see things like your medical death panels, wide open borders and tendency to put the needs of society over the rights of the individual to be disconcerting. We have different cultural experiences and values.

It is hard for me and many of us to understand why Europeans don’t embrace their right to self-defense. If the SHTF I am going to be really happy if the guy next to me starts returning fire instead of running or hiding.

It is simply a difference of opinion and clearly we don’t understand each other. We may hear the arguments, but they don’t make sense to us.

Trump is simply expressing an American viewpoint that many of us share. Not wanting to be responsible for your own self-defense is strange to me and others.

I can't argue with that. Because you are right. And to be honest I don't think that the liberal European way is the way it should be. In my circles I'm considered to be among the more radical group towards the opening of borders andwhatnot.

But still I can't relate to this plain black and white picturing of everything. Maybe it's because when I was brought up in Germany everything that was considered onesided or radical was considered as being unacceptable.
edit on 6-5-2018 by alexpmi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Life and death is as black amd white as it gets.

The one thing that can be guaranteed: if you ever find my body, it wont be alone. I see no reason to cede my personal respinsibility of self preservation to an authority that isnt fully vested in my survival.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The French where your best mates when you needed their assistance to win The American Revolution.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Since trump got elected it has become clear we dont have any allies..

Trump has shown us that everyone else is a bunch of little bitches that dont back up anything they say ever..

Russia said dont bomb Syria or ELSE we said EFf you and sent an Armada . Russia didnt do shi..

NK Lots of talk but turned out hes a little bitch too. All of a sudden were supposed to just let France forget 9/11 and their response to it?

We went through a time here in the states where we wouldnt even say French fries We said Freedom fries..

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah. That sounds like an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Let this mindset fulfill your life. In the end I'm sure I will be on the receiving end because of my philosophy. It won't change my way of perceiving things though.

Like I will follow my guts and feelings, you will and must follow your instincts.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Its not an eye for an eye...its survival.

Do you think that when someome wants to kill you that you just lay down and let them?!?

We aint talking revenge. We are talking about keeping your heart beating.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Keep on living your personal nightmare. This way you won't reach to live your personal peace. All them petty bitches.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Now I'm intrigued ? How is your life threatened in such a direct way, and by whom ?

Of course I wouldn't lay down and let them kill me and my loved ones without giving all I can to protect them and myself. Beware those that lay hands on my two 1/4 years old daughter. And I mean it, the dearest thing in my life and I'd kill for her to protect her

but I'm not in fear of this situation around the clock and this fear is not the center of my life. Apart from the real, yet hypothetical threat, at least around here, Why do you feel this way. Who or what is your foe in daily life. And why ?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We have so many gun toting conservatives, and yet we had to send the national guard to defend us against some unarmed immigrants seeking a better life
I
This is not the America so many true patriots died to defend.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

There were no mass shootings back in the Wild West,

Why not?
Dodge City, 1879. Does that qualify as the "Wild West?"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 5/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Now I'm intrigued ? How is your life threatened in such a direct way, and by whom ?

Of course I wouldn't lay down and let them kill me and my loved ones without giving all I can to protect them and myself. Beware those that lay hands on my two 1/4 years old daughter. And I mean it, the dearest thing in my life and I'd kill for her to protect her

but I'm not in fear of this situation around the clock and this fear is not the center of my life. Apart from the real, yet hypothetical threat, at least around here, Why do you feel this way. Who or what is your foe in daily life. And why ?

2 generations back my family was still frontiersmen living in dugouts with dirt floors, attending 1 room school houses (my grandmother taught in one for the first 10 years she taught). The mantra that keeps you alive is "its better to have an not want than need and not have". Having an ability to defend yourself is the epitome of this saying.

I carry a .40cal on me most of the time. I have no intention of ever using it outside the range. But because of that I know one thing: if my body is ever found, it will not be alone.

Its not just humans I worry about, although they are the most dangerous. I have bobcats, mountain lions, coyotes, wild boar, rutting deer walk up and down the streets outside my home (i have quite a few videos of them fighting uploaded on my social media), rattlesnakes, various rabid small critters, etc....i don't live in the concrete jungle. And im not always within an hour of police should my situation become dire.

I also am trained in some advanced first aid for the same reason, and carry supplies in my truck. Its better to have and not want than need and not have.

ETA: interesting story...the deer are dropping fawns currently. I've seen a few running around over the last 4 or 5 days. I had a deer in labor inside my shrubbery up against my house for 3 days before she gave birth in there. And she was rather aggressive in defending herself at this time.
edit on 5/6/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
France only really needed to say it was a moronic comment, as it was.

How often have U.S. mass shooting been stopped by a civilian toting a gun? There is a handful of cases, and of those, typically it ends with "and we don't know if the person was going to kill anyone else." So.. shot by a gun-toting civilian.. maybe 10 times over the last 20 years? It's not much.

There have been plenty of mass shootings in the U.S. ended by a gun.. usually the shooters, as he kills himself after the fact. How many people carried a gun at the Vegas shooting? Did it help? How many times has there been someone with a gun, and they were frozen and unable to act? There is a difference between owning a gun, and actually using a gun in during a crisis situation. I always get a chuckle out of all the "Well if I were there, this wouldn't have happened." Yea.. right.. ok.

All these wanna be heroes with guns.. they are never around when there is a mass shooting. So why in Paris does Trump assume if there were more open gun laws, shooters would have been stopped? It was a low blow, untrue, and so very Trumpian.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Most mass shooters are stopped with guns. How else would you stop them?

Hope and prayers...

You mean hope and change. Right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join