It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France condemns Trump over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Yeah well its France so who cares..?

People who understand the importance of not pissing off their allies , seems neither you nor Trump are in that category.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: angusyoung88
Little boys with bad acne, who grew into men with pot marks. Should stop posting on the internet.

When will you be stopping your posts?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

People who understand the importance of not pissing off their allies , seems neither you nor Trump are in that category.

It is arguable whether France is our ally or not. They rarely have our back and are fair weather friends at best. I consider them not our enemy, but definitely not friendly to the US or it’s citizens.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

First a person has to define the term ally.
The definition has to be able to be equally measured.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am glad the OP made this thread as Trumps lack of understanding needs to be recorded BUT I am absolutly amazed at the number of posters who simply post derogatory comments about France, I hope these idiots are aware we are discussing an event in which real people died.

I guess if you follow a monkey in power you to will sing from his crazy tree

I wll be taking a break from the CESSPIT that ATS has become, posters such as KEPTEK, MRinder, NthOther, stating that France is a bitch or they would piss on the tree which was swapped

I hope one day ATS will return with intelligence BUT i doubt it, I know I wont be missed but missing reading such hateful comments will certainly help me

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I honestly don't care that much if he is damaging perception of our relationships with the international community. (because it is just a perception, we are to inter-connected with our allies for a few words to actually damage things)

He was not elected to suck up to others and play nice and safe, people voted for him to shake the tree, to try and change things and the guy is trying to do that.

I didn't vote for him but I love seeing him actually say what's on his mind instead of the normal used car salesman style of saying what you want to hear we are used to.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

First a person has to define the term ally.

Ally
a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose

Most recently in Syria but also through NATO , they also gave you a nice statue and helped fight off the Imperialist British.

How quickly you forget.

edit on 6-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe in some way or the other some of it is justified ? Is it considered Blasphemy phrasing it ? Is it written in stone Europe is always wrong ? Is not true that everything is about power, often masked as being about maintaining the liberty of the rest of the world ?

It is true though that USA and Europe are worlds apart, in many many ways. Sorry you felt attacked personally.

This board was such an interesting and nice place to visit. Now it is just a slugfest between opposing and differing opinions. The interesting and entertaining threads are basically all but gone. It is a shame.
edit on 6-5-2018 by alexpmi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

I didnt feel attacked. Quite the opposite. I appreciate outside perspective.

I just want it reciprocated

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

very well

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If he learned meanwhile where Paris is, the capitol of one of his biggest sycophants:

Yeah, GET SMART!!!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: heartbreakkid
Yeah because armed civilians have stopped so many mass shootings. What has there been like 100 mass shootings and only like 2 or 3 stopped?

I think more are stopped than we know. If they are stopped there is no story.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Most mass shooters are stopped with guns. How else would you stop them?

Hope and prayers...

I agree, pray for peace but keep your powder dry.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

edit on 6/5/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Do they speak German in France?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

It is true though that USA and Europe are worlds apart, in many many ways

I think this is the key to your post.

We have different values and different experiences that create a natural division. It looks to me like Europe is giving up too many feeedoms and allowing too many folks incompatible cultures into its borders.

I see things like your medical death panels, wide open borders and tendency to put the needs of society over the rights of the individual to be disconcerting. We have different cultural experiences and values.

It is hard for me and many of us to understand why Europeans don’t embrace their right to self-defense. If the SHTF I am going to be really happy if the guy next to me starts returning fire instead of running or hiding.

It is simply a difference of opinion and clearly we don’t understand each other. We may hear the arguments, but they don’t make sense to us.

Trump is simply expressing an American viewpoint that many of us share. Not wanting to be responsible for your own self-defense is strange to me and others.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1There were no mass shootings back in the Wild West, because everyone had a gun.

And yet the homicide rates were much higher. The lowest known rate was 30 per 100k adults in Oregon. The highest 165 per 100k in Dodge City. Today homicide rate in USA is about 5 per 100k.

Guns are great (for population control, lol).

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Fully agree, we need to stay out of their politics and they stay out of ours. Even if I agree with what Trump said, it's no his place.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

People understand being frank and honest with their allies too. Europe has a major problem with homegrown jihadis and radicalism. They also made a major blunder with not vetting the refugees who came in. Someone needs to point that out to them and offer solutions. It's not going to get better by not addressing the problem. Where did all the ISIS fighters go?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
For good to prevail we must TRUST THE GOOD PEOPLE....disarming them projects a lack of trust....by whom...by the rotten Governments that is who.....and who are they...our Servants our Employees....who in their right mind allows their employees to make these types of decisions....no one does.

I trust strangers behind the wheel of a 2500lb weapon one which is now being recognised and used by terrorists to kill my people......I see CHILDREN IN MY SCHOOLS BEING GIVEN PAILS OF EGGS SIXED ROCKS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM MURDERERS WE KNOW ARE HUNTING THEM..... but my Government tells me not to trust my loved ones and neighbors and co-workers with guns which they could and would use to protect all of us.....this is not a mistake this is an attempt to render We The People powerless....no one should ever ask you to give up your arms or ability to defend your Nation...if they do something is very very wrong and you must find the snakes head and remediate it.

It is time for people to TAKE OWNERSHIP of their world.....those are OUR SCHOOLS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS....our Kids not the Governments and our friends neighbors and co-workers..those men and women wearing uniforms and carrying badges ARE OUR EMPLOYEES not our bosses....the courts who continue to screw We The People endlessly need to be remediated and Judges need to be picked off one by one by one until all of the crooked dead weight who refuse to defend We The people from their positions is gone WITH PREDJUDICE.

Yes we need people to have and to carry guns...our Governments must have zero rights to interfere with that process....and if they try to arrange this they must be remediated WITH PREDJUDICE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join