It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France condemns Trump over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Macron led France is not our ally.

I hope the tree he gave us has turned to mulch by now.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Macron led France is not our ally.

I hope the tree he gave us has turned to mulch by now.

Trump probably went out and pissed on it the moment Macaroni and his mother-wife left.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Damn anything negative said against Trump sure does trigger his base.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Most mass shooters are stopped with guns. How else would you stop them?

Hope and prayers...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Confucius always said:

Keep your friends close and your enemies triggered.

Now we see who the enemies are.

😉

and we see who the deflectors really are 😎

edit on 5-5-2018 by angusyoung88 because: No reason

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

edit on 5-5-2018 by angusyoung88 because: No reason

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Little boys with bad acne, who grew into men with pot marks. Should stop posting on the internet.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Disrespect the victims of gun violence by saying other people could have shot back if they had guns too and maybe decreased the number of victims to respect?

OK!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

I've never really considered France an "ally".

"Bitch" is the word that comes to mind.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: heartbreakkid
Damn anything negative said against Trump sure does trigger his base.

This thread's about France being triggered by Trump's words.

Perhaps you're mistaken as to which thread you're in.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Care to elaborate please?

Thanks

Lags

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Like Trump's going to give a rats @$$ about being condemned by the French. France - the douche nozzle of countries.

Why do you think France is the douche nozzle of countries?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

France didn't like something Trump said???

The general French population don’t give a toss what was said.

This is just Macron saying his little bit now that he is back from his free holidays in the USA.

Short lived bromance... 😀😉😩

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
No filter, no respect impacted, the president just opens his mouth and says whatever. Doesn't stop to think... and now the French aren't having it.

France has condemned Donald Trump's comment that armed civilians could have stopped the 2015 Paris attacks, which killed 130 people.

In a statement, the French government demanded President Trump "respect the memory of the victims of the 13 November attack".

"France expresses its firm disapproval of President Trump's comments in relation to the attack of the 13 November 2015 in Paris and we demand that the memory of the victims be respected.

www.independent.co.uk...

Donald Trump and his supporters are off the mark both factually and with regards to respect. Firstly Trump should be the last one to tell other countries how to stop gun violence and massacres considering the United States firearm death rate is more than 3 times the rate of France per capita, for a country that has 3 times the firearm ownership in comparison. United States had more school shootings thanthan 35 countries combined. These countries included India, South Africa and France. In 2016 alone the US had more than double the number of terrorist incidences compared to France.

How about studies? John Donohue, a law professor at Stanford University, was a co-author of a National Bureau of Economic Research study that examined how gun violence coincides with the ability for individuals to carry concealed weapons, known as Right To Carry (RTC) laws. The NBER study discredited the idea of the “good guy with a gun” as a possible solution to gun violence. This isn't the only study. We've even seen this in action when an armed School Resource officer was reluctant to counter a mass shooter back in February. Who's Trump to talk? Maybe he needs to get his facts right.

Putting those facts aside is the disregard for the feelings of those who lost loved ones from those deadly attacks in France. Did Macron and May make such comments in the past? No because they know better and respect the memories of the victims. They have no intention of using attacks to push their political agendas but Trump couldn't help himself?

"The free circulation of fire arms in a society does not constitute a barrier against terrorist attacks, on the contrary this can facilitate the planning of these kind of attacks," the French government said.

www.independent.co.uk...

This isn't the first time Trump has rebuke from foreign leaders. Theresa May pushed back at Trump after he was critical of Britain's healthcare, despite the fact the US has a dismal record in comparison. Trump should be the last person to open his mouth when it comes to such issues.

"France isn't having it".

I damn-near shot a stream of coffee right out of my nose, and clear across the room when I read that...

I just don't think I would ever be able to forgive myself if I were to upset the French.

Oh yeah. That'll definitely strike fear in a man's heart.

Hell, to be completely honest, I have to admit that every morning when I wake up, the very first thing that comes to mind is "I seriously hope I don't do anything to piss off the French today."

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
... How else would you stop them?

yell "stop, citizen's arrest"!

That would work, right?

Or invite them to sit down for a nice little chat over a cold one.

edit on 5/6/2018 by CutNGlass because: ...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
There were no mass shootings back in the Wild West, because everyone had a gun. It probably helped that nobody had invented automatic weapons, either!

Anyone who wants to kill people will find a way to kill people, with or without a gun. Vans and trucks are weapons now, but we aren't banning vans and trucks, or protesting Chrysler or Ford for making more vans and trucks.

Shootings at schools go on because they are not able to defend themselves, being mostly children, and teachers.

The obvious problem is that everyone talks about how guns have to be banned, when the operator of the gun is responsible for the murders. The murderer is never the problem, just his guns are!!

If they really wanted to benefit society, they would take steps to prevent any other people from becoming mindless nut-cases. But they don't want that.

Because they have to brainwash them in the military first, to help them become mindless nut-cases, later on.

And guns have to be banned, unless you have stolen guns, which are not their responsibility to ban from people!

Guns are 'good' in the Middle East, that's why the US gives them out like candy!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Trump shoulda kept his mouth shut.

But your stats suck eggs. Why isolate gun violence from other violence? Dead is dead. Mortally wounded is mortally wounded

When i see stats discussing gun violence stats without regard to other forms of violence all i can do is ignore it as untruthful propaganda.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: NthOther

Care to elaborate please?

Thanks

Lags

Americand trying to rest on the laurels of their grandparents who fought WWII.

We are but a shadow of that great generation today. And havent earned the right to denigrate France, or anyone else, through our own merit.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. Trump, other administrations before him, USA, the country as a whole has been losing touch with rest of the world for some time. Driven by thirst for control, power, money, influence and other factors.

But this forum and the mainstream reaction on it is getting beyond surreal. Like some strange and somber scifi novel, or a type of nazi-like party driven mudpit. It scares me immensely

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

Stow it. Europe likes to criticize the US but wants to feign fainting when turnabout happens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join