It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France condemns Trump over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
No filter, no respect impacted, the president just opens his mouth and says whatever. Doesn't stop to think... and now the French aren't having it.

France has condemned Donald Trump's comment that armed civilians could have stopped the 2015 Paris attacks, which killed 130 people.

In a statement, the French government demanded President Trump "respect the memory of the victims of the 13 November attack".

"France expresses its firm disapproval of President Trump's comments in relation to the attack of the 13 November 2015 in Paris and we demand that the memory of the victims be respected.

www.independent.co.uk...

Donald Trump and his supporters are off the mark both factually and with regards to respect. Firstly Trump should be the last one to tell other countries how to stop gun violence and massacres considering the United States firearm death rate is more than 3 times the rate of France per capita, for a country that has 3 times the firearm ownership in comparison. United States had more school shootings thanthan 35 countries combined. These countries included India, South Africa and France. In 2016 alone the US had more than double the number of terrorist incidences compared to France.

How about studies? John Donohue, a law professor at Stanford University, was a co-author of a National Bureau of Economic Research study that examined how gun violence coincides with the ability for individuals to carry concealed weapons, known as Right To Carry (RTC) laws. The NBER study discredited the idea of the “good guy with a gun” as a possible solution to gun violence. This isn't the only study. We've even seen this in action when an armed School Resource officer was reluctant to counter a mass shooter back in February. Who's Trump to talk? Maybe he needs to get his facts right.

Putting those facts aside is the disregard for the feelings of those who lost loved ones from those deadly attacks in France. Did Macron and May make such comments in the past? No because they know better and respect the memories of the victims. They have no intention of using attacks to push their political agendas but Trump couldn't help himself?

"The free circulation of fire arms in a society does not constitute a barrier against terrorist attacks, on the contrary this can facilitate the planning of these kind of attacks," the French government said.

www.independent.co.uk...

This isn't the first time Trump has rebuke from foreign leaders. Theresa May pushed back at Trump after he was critical of Britain's healthcare, despite the fact the US has a dismal record in comparison. Trump should be the last person to open his mouth when it comes to such issues.

+5 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yeah well its France so who cares..?

+5 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I hate to agree with Trump, but he happens to be right in this situation. Fight fire with fire, or burn up.

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You are right, he should be addressing the primary fact that it would not have happened in the first place if those fools would plug the flow of islamic radicals flowing into Europe. That is the real issue.

en.wikipedia.org...

The President of France, François Hollande, said the attacks were an act of war by ISIL.[19][20][21] The attacks were planned in Syria and organised by a terrorist cell based in Belgium.[22] Most of the Paris attackers had French or Belgian citizenship, two were Iraqis,[23][24] and all had fought in Syria.[25] Some of them had entered Europe among the flow of migrants and refugees.[26][27]

edit on 5-5-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah because armed civilians have stopped so many mass shootings. What has there been like 100 mass shootings and only like 2 or 3 stopped?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Confucius always said:

Keep your friends close and your enemies triggered.

Now we see who the enemies are.

😉

and we see who the deflectors really are 😎
edit on May-05-2018 by xuenchen because: 💡👀

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You are right, he should be addressing the primary fact that it would not have happened in the first place if those fools would plug the flow of islamic radicals flowing into Europe. That is the real issue.

What about America? How do you suggest stopping the shootings here when the majority of mass shooters have been right wing white males? Kick them out, round them up?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Im pro Trump but anti gun

What I find amazing is how they have tried to turn it into him disrespecting the victims, there was no way a lack of respect shown in what he said, it was just a stupid thing to say.

Im reminded of his comments on Sweden, sadly hes been proven more than correct on that one.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: heartbreakkid

What about America? How do you suggest stopping the shootings here when the majority of mass shooters have been right wing white males? Kick them out, round them up?

When you can't solve your own problems, focus on telling other people how to fix theirs, that way you can hold a sense of superiority.

+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I dunno, if I was there, and I was armed, I would have stopped it. Or at least gave them something better to concentrate on.

Decent people with guns are not your enemies Mr southern guardian. We can help out, if we're there.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

France must have an advance copy of Hillary's next book: "It Wasn't My Fault!"

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I dunno, if I was there, and I was armed, I would have stopped it. Or at least gave them something better to concentrate on.

Decent people with guns are not your enemies Mr southern guardian. We can help out, if we're there.

They also are not John McClain either. Hitting the driver of a speeding Truck through a crowd of panicked people is a nearly impossible shot from something you would be carrying concealed or openly in a place like Nice.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: heartbreakkid

Back up them stats with a link or it’s BS!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If I find myself in a mass shooting situation I can tell you that I will be safer armed than not and so will those close to me.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Like Trump's going to give a rats @$$ about being condemned by the French. France - the douche nozzle of countries.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

France didn't like something Trump said???

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The unarmed French police ran away. Then the armed police came in. If anyone had a gun, they could have done more then the unarmed cops did

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Another shining example of ignorant American arrogance...

I feel so sorry for the folks in your country that have to put up with the likes of you!

As long as you enjoyed your intellectual erection for writing that though...

Kindest regards

France

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: notsure1

Another shining example of ignorant American arrogance...

I feel so sorry for the folks in your country that have to put up with the likes of you!

As long as you enjoyed your intellectual erection for writing that though...

Kindest regards

France

The generality of your observation could reflect back upon yourself.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Most mass shooters are stopped with guns. How else would you stop them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join