It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman's 'H03' Firebird Is Now Flying At Mojave Air and Space Port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The H03 Firebird is now apparently flying out of the Mojave. It even has a registration code N326JG. The aircraft which can apparently be either manned or unmanned uses a pusher propeller and has a distinctive twin boom tail. The wings also have have quite a bit of dihedral. The aircraft which can fly as high as FL30 is notionally a sensor platform. Its not particularly fast but supposedly has up to a 40 hour endurance. Buying Scaled seems to have been a pretty good move for NG.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Interesting........... thanks for that.

All most seems like its designed to operate as a relay for ground forces to communicate from the plane then from the plane to a satelite for broader transmission to a control center. Could be very useful for troops stranded far afield or for search and rescue. And propellor driven so its got low heat signature.

Thats pretty neat!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Paint it in RAM?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Thanks for sharing, I like that alot. I'm a big fan of ww2 era twin booms especially pushers. It reminds me alot of the Oscar Deuce. Technically called the Cessna O-2 Skymaster but the firebird obviously has a much longer and thinner wingspan.

And up to 40 hours flight time is pretty darn impressive in my book. Really cool plane would love to work on one someday, and take it for a "test flight" lol.

Thanks agian for sharing Fred.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
looks like fun....cool design for hangin out a while......

new topics

top topics

join