It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye vs the People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: lostbook I think Kanye should just let this controversy go.

That's exactly what TPTB want too.

Good thing that's not happening

I want you to listen to Kanye's message in the song. DO you agree with what he's saying?

Absolutely. And the format of the track is being respectful to the folks that don't comprehend his message.

Specifically, what do you disagree with in these lyrics?

I never said I disagree with the lyrics. I said he should "let it go.." Meaning that he should stop trying to comment on this subject right now until things die down in the media.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: lostbook

I think Kanye should be free to speak his mind! Yea I know, the horror......

A black man trying to free others from the plantation is a dangerous thing! I can understand how that type of thinking scares the hell out of those who are the actual oppressors?

I also see what he's trying to do however, I think he should let this go because it just makes him look desperate to prove his point in the immediate aftermath of this controversy. He should let it go and give it some time. Later he can address this issue once things have settled down.

Why???? Did he hit a sore spot with a certain demographic?

I'm sorry but we all have the freedom to speak our minds or we don't! The fact you are suggessting he should shut the hell up tells me all I need to know.......

Yes he did hit a nerve as his comment was insensitive to certain people. I'm looking at it objectively and I understand what he's trying to do but I also think he should let things cool off before he speaks again. People are upset and emotional and when this happens, things can get out of control really fast.

Maybe MLK should have STFU by your logic?

Sounds like you're too emotional....

Look. Sometimes, the best way to diffuse a situation is to walk away for a while; especially, when people are too emotional. People get erratic in their thinking and the say or do things they regret later. However, that's not the point of this thread.

Sorry but I am not emotional whatsoever. I am filled with hatred towards people who manipulate words to fill an agenda! I didn't see you ONCE on ATS talking out about how emotional people were getting while beating the snip out of Trump supporters for just showing up to hear him speak!

You are beyond transparent with your racist agenda!

P.s. hatred is anger, which is emotion.

Thank you....

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I think Kanye should be free to speak his mind! Yea I know, the horror......

A black man trying to free others from the plantation is a dangerous thing! I can understand how that type of thinking scares the hell out of those who are the actual oppressors?

I also see what he's trying to do however, I think he should let this go because it just makes him look desperate to prove his point in the immediate aftermath of this controversy. He should let it go and give it some time. Later he can address this issue once things have settled down.

Why???? Did he hit a sore spot with a certain demographic?

I'm sorry but we all have the freedom to speak our minds or we don't! The fact you are suggessting he should shut the hell up tells me all I need to know.......

Yes he did hit a nerve as his comment was insensitive to certain people. I'm looking at it objectively and I understand what he's trying to do but I also think he should let things cool off before he speaks again. People are upset and emotional and when this happens, things can get out of control really fast.

Maybe MLK should have STFU by your logic?

Sounds like you're too emotional....

Look. Sometimes, the best way to diffuse a situation is to walk away for a while; especially, when people are too emotional. People get erratic in their thinking and the say or do things they regret later. However, that's not the point of this thread.

Sorry but I am not emotional whatsoever. I am filled with hatred towards people who manipulate words to fill an agenda! I didn't see you ONCE on ATS talking out about how emotional people were getting while beating the snip out of Trump supporters for just showing up to hear him speak!

You are beyond transparent with your racist agenda!

And, by the way. I'm not racist.

Neither am I, but yet I have been called a Nazi several times because I am a Nationalist who loves my country!

If I told a black person to not speak their mind as you did in this OP????? I would have been called a racist for even suggesting it! Yet I support the freedom of speech and yes even "HATE SPEECH".

Don't preach to me that you are not racist while suggesting a black man is stepping out of line and should check himself!

I love this country too....and by the way. I'M BLACK! Yes, Lostbook is a black man. I have to go. Peace my brother.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let it go? How about let him speak his mind. Every other big time musician and movie star gets free reign as long as they talk positive about the left. But when a black man with a lot of influence speaks against the lefts narrative, it’s full blown war to destroy his reputation. Just another example of the extreme bias our MSM has and the hatred the left has for anyone who doesn’t think like them.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook I think Kanye should just let this controversy go.

I want you to listen to Kanye's message in the song. DO you agree with what he's saying?

Absolutely. And the format of the track is being respectful to the folks that don't comprehend his message.

I never said I disagree with the lyrics. I said he should "let it go.." Meaning that he should stop trying to comment on this subject right now until things die down in the media.

But why? So they get the opportunity to extrapolate and manipulate his words?

He has the opportunity now to clarify and expand on his words. Even if I didn't agree with Kanye, any chance to have people question what their taught is a chance to do something positive.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Bin - Go

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Let it go? How about let him speak his mind. Every other big time musician and movie star gets free reign as long as they talk positive about the left. But when a black man with a lot of influence speaks against the lefts narrative, it’s full blown war to destroy his reputation. Just another example of the extreme bias our MSM has and the hatred the left has for anyone who doesn’t think like them.

He has a right to free speech and so do I. I'm not here to argue. That's not the point of this thread.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

But why? So they get the opportunity to extrapolate and manipulate his words?

He has the opportunity now to clarify and expand on his words. Even if I didn't agree with Kanye, any chance to have people question what their taught is a chance to do something positive.

My point is that people are too emotional right now and anything Kanye says will not be heard through the correct filter. He should let things calm down and then speak.

I get that he's trying to get people to see through a different filter than what they're used to, however, I think emotions cloud a person's judgement. Have you ever known anyone to think clearly while being emotional?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I think Kanye should just let this controversy go. What does ATS think. Agree with Kanye or the People?

Team Kanye here! At least in spirit. In practice, I don't know, because Kanye really doesn't address policy, just the spirit of cooperation and communication and love.

As for Kanye just letting this "controversy" go, doing so may stop the whining and crying of some snowflakes, but it sure won't help the real suffering of real people in the real world. Let's start here:

Chicago’s drinking water is full of lead, report says
Studies link childhood lead exposure, violent crime
New evidence that lead exposure increases crime
Most Dangerous City: Chicago Tops 400 Homicides, Leading Nation

Kanye has a project in the works with other rappers to actually send people into the inner neighborhoods of Chicago, talk to the people, find out what their problems are, and provide solutions -- on their own dime!!! And Kanye specifically mentioned the water... so I'm pretty sure Kanye's well aware of this problem and intends to address it.

Should he just let that controversy go also? Because someone's po widdle feewings might be hurt? Is that more important than the systemic poisoning of children? And the inevitable record-setting violence and DEATH that results? Are hurt feelings more important than damaged brains and broken bodies???

I am firmly and staunchly in the "HELL NO!!!" camp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join