It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye vs the People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

It seems that Kanye West has released a song to address the controversy surrounding his comments on TMZ about slavery being a choice for African slaves. The name of thsis song is Ye vs the People. Anyway, here it is. Spoiler alert: language.

Kanye says that he's only giving people a different viewpoint; a new way of thinking. T.I. appears on this song as the people talking back to Kanye to make this song appear as a discussion between Kanye and the People. I think Kanye should just let this controversy go. What does ATS think. Agree with Kanye or the People?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-5-2018 by lostbook because: add text

edit on 5-5-2018 by lostbook because: word edit

edit on 5-5-2018 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I think Kanye should be free to speak his mind! Yea I know, the horror......

A black man trying to free others from the plantation is a dangerous thing! I can understand how that type of thinking scares the hell out of those who are the actual oppressors?

edit on 5-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook I think Kanye should just let this controversy go.

That's exactly what TPTB want too.

Good thing that's not happening

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

A black man trying to free others from the plantation is a dangerous thing! I can understand how that type of thinking scares the hell out of those who are the actual oppressors?

I also see what he's trying to do however, I think he should let this go because it just makes him look desperate to prove his point in the immediate aftermath of this controversy. He should let it go and give it some time. Later he can address this issue once things have settled down.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ATS Kanye obsession continues..

How long until he falls back into obscurity?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
S&F He is a Genius, like he says..... life changes, and persons evolve. This is good for Kanye.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I also see what he's trying to do however, I think he should let this go because it just makes him look desperate to prove his point in the immediate aftermath of this controversy. He should let it go and give it some time. Later he can address this issue once things have settled down.

Why???? Did he hit a sore spot with a certain demographic?

I'm sorry but we all have the freedom to speak our minds or we don't! The fact you are suggessting he should shut the hell up tells me all I need to know.......

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: lostbook I think Kanye should just let this controversy go.

I want you to listen to Kanye's message in the song. DO you agree with what he's saying?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry but we all have the freedom to speak our minds or we don't! The fact you are suggessting he should shut the hell up tells me all I need to know.......

Yes he did hit a nerve as his comment was insensitive to certain people. I'm looking at it objectively and I understand what he's trying to do but I also think he should let things cool off before he speaks again. People are upset and emotional and when this happens, things can get out of control really fast.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes he did hit a nerve as his comment was insensitive to certain people. I'm looking at it objectively and I understand what he's trying to do but I also think he should let things cool off before he speaks again. People are upset and emotional and when this happens, things can get out of control really fast.

Yea, that tactic doesn't work anymore. Why should he be silenced because of others who are so emotionally triggered by thoughts that may challenge how they think?

Maybe MLK should have STFU by your logic?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Yea, that tactic doesn't work anymore. Why should he be silenced because of others who are so emotionally triggered by thoughts that may challenge how they think?

Sounds like you're too emotional....

Look. Sometimes, the best way to diffuse a situation is to walk away for a while; especially, when people are too emotional. People get erratic in their thinking and the say or do things they regret later. However, that's not the point of this thread.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

I want you to listen to Kanye's message in the song. DO you agree with what he's saying?

Absolutely. And the format of the track is being respectful to the folks that don't comprehend his message.

Specifically, what do you disagree with in these lyrics?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Look. Sometimes, the best way to diffuse a situation is to walk away for a while; especially, when people are too emotional. People get erratic in their thinking and the say or do things they regret later. However, that's not the point of this thread.

Sorry but I am not emotional whatsoever. I am filled with hatred towards people who manipulate words to fill an agenda! I didn't see you ONCE on ATS talking out about how emotional people were getting while beating the snip out of Trump supporters for just showing up to hear him speak!

You are beyond transparent with your racist agenda!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Sorry but I am not emotional whatsoever. I am filled with hatred towards people who manipulate words to fill an agenda! I didn't see you ONCE on ATS talking out about how emotional people were getting while beating the snip out of Trump supporters for just showing up to hear him speak!

I never said anything derogatory about you. I'm glad that you're proud of who you are. You should be; it's who God made you to be. Hating someone because of who they are is hating God's work.
edit on 5-5-2018 by lostbook because: word add

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

P.s. hatred is anger, which is emotion.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

P.s. hatred is anger, which is emotion.

We all have it don't we?

It's all about control Padawan.........

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What? Are you serious?! I didn't defend Trump supporters because they were beating people while spitting on them and calling them foul names! One of these "innocent" Trump supporters drove his car into a crowd of people killing one of them! How can you defend this??!!!! I have even said I want to see what Trump does with the office. Stop trying to bring the thoughts in your head to life through other people!!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

And, by the way. I'm not racist.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And, by the way. I'm not racist.

Neither am I, but yet I have been called a Nazi several times because I am a Nationalist who loves my country!

If I told a black person to not speak their mind as you did in this OP????? I would have been called a racist for even suggesting it! Yet I support the freedom of speech and yes even "HATE SPEECH".

Don't preach to me that you are not racist while suggesting a black man is stepping out of line and should check himself!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join