It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live streamers investigated by Lincoln County Sheriff department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
First, one must roll their eyes at calling the Groom Lake white bus the "Nevada Test and Training Range" bus. I suppose that is a technically correct description that lacks some specific details, such as the bus destination is Groom Lake.

Second, let us look up the address of the Lincoln County Sheriff department:

AlamoSubstation
P.O. Box 449
121 Joshua Tree
Alamo, NV 8900

Alas, the sheriff is located in the building whose parking lot happens to be where the bus is located. So Deputy Ray took his feet off the desk, put down his coffee, and walked out to the parking lot to investigate the suspicious activity. Also note camo dude vehicles are often in this parking lot.

Lastly, let me emphasize that the sheriff really doesn't like anyone stalking the bus. For instance, don't follow the bus. If you want to photograph it, it is best to park along the bus route. If you want to photograph it in the parking lot, do it quickly. Streaming the bus means by definition you will be loitering in the parking lot.

www.lccentral.com...

Lincoln County Sheriff’s Deputy Mike Ray was called to investigate suspicious activity one evening last week at the parking area of the Alamo Annex where the Nevada Test and Training Range personnel bus is located.

Upon arrival, he found a couple from Fernley, names not given, shooting what they announced was a live stream on YouTube.

On the video, Ray is seen asking the couple to turn off the camera while he talks to them. They initially resist, claiming they have a right to film. Ray warns them that they will be arrested for obstruction if they don’t turn off the camera, then reaches for the camera and is told by the woman not to touch it.

The camera is then placed on the hood of their vehicle and an audio conversation continues in which Ray quickly and calmly deescalates the situation. He explains he received a call of suspicious activity at the scene and is conducting a normal investigation.

The couple informs him that their purpose in filming the bus is to prove to their online viewers that some of the workers at the Area 51 site do, in fact, live in the community of Alamo and ride this particular bus.

After a brief discussion and realizing the couple poses no threat, Ray apologizes for touching the camera and leaves the scene. The live stream continues until the couple arrives at the Sinclair station for gas.

County Sheriff Kerry Lee later said his department will be doing “an internal review of the incident.” He added, “I think things could have been handled a bit differently on both sides and we will look into the actions of both parties involved and decide what appropriate action may be needed.”

He said a similar incident happened recently in Lyon County. “I do support the right of people to film in the public, but I feel in some cases, these people are pushing the envelope.”

He stated further, “What we have to balance is the right of the people to film, which I support, but we also have to balance that with officer safety when they go to investigate.”

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sounds like those Dick’s (as in the commonly used form of investigative techniques), should have been a little bit more cordial. Same ol’ thing! A cop tries to do his job and gets labeled into the over aggressive exterminator group that we all want to be taken down and fired.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like this is much of a big deal here. Meh?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Doesn't sound like this is much of a big deal here. Meh?

I did the post more like a warning. However i found it entertaining. I figure someone will discover the video and post a link.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
skip to 14 minutes

Here is the video. Skip to the 14 minute point if you want to see the deputy.

At this point, they should really put the cammo dude trucks and white bus in a fenced in area. Given what can happen on dirt roads, I wouldn't want anyone hanging around my vehicle.

Back in the day, people took a few photos and were gone in a flash. These people lingered in the area, so it is no surprise the sheriff department would show up.

It is no big secret base workers live in Alamo, Hiko, etc. The workers that live in Rachel use the back gate. Bottom line is people don't want to be stalked. It is plain creepy. These "explorers" seem like nice people, but this was way over the top, and not much was learned. Get a scanner, hike Tikaboo, etc. At least that is base relates. Just don't bug the base workers.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
skip to 14 minutes

At this point, they should really put the cammo dude trucks and white bus in a fenced in area. Given what can happen on dirt roads, I wouldn't want anyone hanging around my vehicle.

Back in the day, people took a few photos and were gone in a flash. These people lingered in the area, so it is no surprise the sheriff department would show up.

It is no big secret base workers live in Alamo, Hiko, etc. The workers that live in Rachel use the back gate. Bottom line is people don't want to be stalked. It is plain creepy. These "explorers" seem like nice people, but this was way over the top, and not much was learned. Get a scanner, hike Tikaboo, etc. At least that is base relates. Just don't bug the base workers.

I had a long chat with a recently retired Lincoln County Sheriff Department Alamo Substation employee last week. We both agreed, both parties should have handled things better. Snooping around that bus, at near dusk, doing who-knows-what (something about a geiger counter) really is NOT a good plan. The sheriff dept. substation, the highway patrol, the court house are all housed in this building as well. Is that parking lot "public land"? Debatable. At no point do I recall the individuals stating who they are or what they were doing. In theory they could have been planting something on that bus.

The officer, IMHO, should have completely ignored the camera and followed procedure. Camera's are a fact of life, everyone has one, privacy expectations in public (unfortunately) are a thing of the past. I've met this officer, he seems a good guy.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
skip to 14 minutes

Part of the discussion I had with the individual I mention in my other post, revolved around a fenced off area for non-public vehicles. I can see it happening eventually.

I bring up again the dipsh*t that sat there and video'd the people getting off the bus, their faces, their vehicles, their license plates. He still denies it, even though the video is still up on Youtube. Again, I guess privacy can no longer be expected in public. I still think it is unethical.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

The library is also in that building, so the lot is open to the public during library hours. But that isn't a license to mess with the bus.

Back in the day, people would check their email using the library's public PCs or at the senior center in Rachel. You probably couldn't find a person on the planet that would enter a password on a public PC these days. Today I use a VPN because I don't trust that the cell tower isn't a Stingray. It wouldn't surprise me if Groom is IMSI sniffing.

I think Groom is on shakey legal ground running our license plates. Then again the Nye county sheriff department runs every license plate parked at motels in Tonopah. But at least they are real cops.

top topics

join