It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA silent as pregnant black woman is thrown in jail for pointing a gun to defend her family

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Race bait attempt grade = 3/10
edit on 4-5-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You have been called out on this BS and now you are hiding. Typical.

Another more complete story

www.metrotimes.com...[e ditby]edit on 4-5-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh look another NRA hate thread on ATS.

I like how you tell everyone that, to you, black people who want to keep their guns and are NRA members are seen by white elitist liberals as "tokens". Like...people can't think for themselves.

Looks like the ideological plantation analogy is pretty accurate.

It was your ideology that created gun control. The same policies that created gun control then seems to have the same goals, to keep black people from owning guns. But now its about that AND ensuring the government your side controls has a monopoly on violence.

edit on 4 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Not an NRA member but I am a gun owner/carrier and I’m holding judgment REALLY BIGLY here. There is more than one side to this. And I promise the NRA would love to pump this story all day and night if proven true and justified.
A story like this reaches the anti gunners/lefties based off the race. We really don’t care what color or gender you are if you change to the logical side. Open Arms over here my brother!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're hilarious projects. Are you suggesting NRA hate threads are a regular and popular occurance on ATS?

You go to the most flagged and most responded political threads on here and we'll do a lovely side by side comparison on which topics get most attention. Here's a clue, one of them is Hillary. If this was an NRA love thread people would be all over it on here. You know this. It's that easy.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

There is more than one side to this.

Oh sure there is, that's why you posted the otherside to this story right? To prove it's fabricated or biased right? Where's the otherside to the story?

By the way did you read the OP? Did you notice that the there was an acknowledgement by the jury that what she did was in self defence? Did you notice the unloaded gun part?

You're all so lovely, I'm having a field day today. I could just so easily post a thread about how Hillary is a blood sucking leech and you'd all jump on it like a candy cane. That easy. But you know I'd rather be doing this, put reality right front and center for all to see. This isn't a safezone.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

In a follow-up interview with police a couple of weeks later, Harvey told a slightly different version of the story. Crucially, she added one detail: that she “accidentally” struck Ra’s car with her own while trying to drive away.

What Harvey did with her car plays a much larger role in Ra’s version of the same event.

Ra says Harvey returned to Anderson’s home irate, and began using her car as a weapon.

michiganradio.org...

There's a reason why the jury agreed with Ra's version of self defence.
edit on 4-5-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: projectvxn

You're hilarious projects. Are you suggesting NRA hate threads are a regular and popular occurance on ATS?

You go to the most flagged and most responded political threads on here and we'll do a lovely side by side comparison on which topics get most attention. Here's a clue, one of them is Hillary. If this was an NRA love thread people would be all over it on here. You know this. It's that easy.

Instead of defending your open biased and hatred toward the 2nd and those who defend the gift they were given by their founders, why don't you prove us knuckle draggers wrong with your superior intellect?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Instead of defending your open biased and hatred toward the 2nd

Where did I say I hate the 2nd amendment?

Leave it to you to make sweeping generalizations Seeker. I expect nothing less from you.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: TexasTruth

There is more than one side to this.

Oh sure there is, that's why you posted the otherside to this story right? To prove it's fabricated or biased right? Where's the otherside to the story?

By the way did you read the OP? Did you notice that the there was an acknowledgement by the jury that what she did was in self defence? Did you notice the unloaded gun part?

You're all so lovely, I'm having a field day today. I could just so easily post a thread about how Hillary is a blood sucking leech and you'd all jump on it like a candy cane. That easy. But you know I'd rather be doing this, put reality right front and center for all to see. This isn't a safezone.

You're doing nothing of the sort. This thread is a shallow attempt at race baiting NRA members and supporters on ATS.
The evidence is that you give this acknowledgment a minor paragraph out of obligation, and then launch into a tirade about the NRA with nothing to substantiate your ramblings besides recent tragedies, leaps in logic, and personal bias.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In a follow-up interview with police a couple of weeks later, Harvey told a slightly different version of the story. Crucially, she added one detail: that she “accidentally” struck Ra’s car with her own while trying to drive away.

What Harvey did with her car plays a much larger role in Ra’s version of the same event.

Ra says Harvey returned to Anderson’s home irate, and began using her car as a weapon.

michiganradio.org...

There's a reason why the jury agreed with Ra's version of self defence.

Benefit of the doubt?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

👆 victim of Pluto in Capricorn !! 👆

🎁😎

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This thread is a shallow attempt at race baiting NRA members

Because those on the right would much rather sweep the reality of racism and racial bias among their ranks under the rug and pretend years of marganilization has been overexaggerated. Safezones Wardaddy, safezones. What did Trump say? Both size were to blame during the Charlotte fiasco? Yes yes yes. And the South seceded because of taxes right?

Safezones wardaddy. Strengthen that bubble of yours.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

This thread is a shallow attempt at race baiting NRA members

Because those on the right would much rather sweep the reality of racism and racial bias among their ranks under the rug and pretend years of marganilization has been overexaggerated. Safezones Wardaddy, safezones. What did Trump say? Both size were to blame during the Charlotte fiasco? Yes yes yes. And the South seceded because of taxes right?

Safezones wardaddy. Strengthen that bubble of yours.

What racism? This was a black on black altercation. Why didn't the NRA speak up? Because there is a lot more to the story, and brandishing a weapon the way she did, in vengeance or menace, is not what the NRA is about, despite your efforts.

And I don't know why you're bringing up Charlotte. Oh right. Even though the one person that died, died of a heart attack and was not struck by the vehicle, but it still supports the narrative you're pushing.

Come out with it OP. State that you believe the NRA is a white supremacist group.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Benefit of the doubt?

Harvey admitted Ra's account that she struck her car 'accidentally' allegedly.

Please. Please keep on responded, this is great. She must've been up to no good right? Both of them are good for nothings right? Now back to tales of heroic gun owners stopping attempted robberies of their houses. They just happen to all be white you know? What's the ish?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Holy good God, this thread train has derailed so fast. Y'all need to take a breather.

I think this is just another low level case with two sides. Not sure what the OP thinks the NRA is/does, but I am sure he or she is mistaken...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

The OP has no clue what the NRA does, but that certainly will not stop he/she from casting judgment from their moral high ground since obviously all us "gun nuts" are to inbred and shortsighted to understand their enlightened way of approaching the world.

If we would just give up our guns we would have world peace, 40 acres and a mule, a marmoset in every pot, and weed in every tree...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Benefit of the doubt?

Harvey admitted Ra's account that she struck her car 'accidentally' allegedly.

Please. Please keep on responded, this is great. She must've been up to no good right? Both of them are good for nothings right? Now back to tales of heroic gun owners stopping attempted robberies of their houses. They just happen to all be white you know? What's the ish?

My god, you're a professional Troll aren't you. You have nothing. The only thing you do have is putting words in people's mouths.

You outed yourself in the Op though. Every minority that comes out in support of the NRA is token? That's racist. Keep digging the hole, you've already shown your bias, now show them the latent racism.

edit on 4-5-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This seems like instigation for an effect like this.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
And from a local source, we get a much different picture.

Dueling stories “This incident was really a result of an altercation two children had had,” said Ra’s attorney, Victoria Burton-Harris. The two children are Ra’s teenage niece, and one of her schoolmates. They were friends, but the girls got into a fight at school, in which Ra’s family say the other girl attacked Ra’s niece. The two girls made up, but tensions lingered between the families. Which is why Ra was unhappy when the other girl's mother, Channell Harvey, dropped her daughter off to spend the night at Anderson’s house last July 16. Ra told the girl to leave. The girl called her mother, crying, to come pick back and pick her up. “And she was irate when she pulled up. She pulled up upset and demanding answers,” Burton-Harris said. From there, their stories diverge.

So, perhaps the NRA is right to not immediately jump in without all the facts, as you have done.
I will reserve judgement until all the facts are known as well.

If you have issues with a family, you wouldn't check first to make sure its OK for your kid to go there?

You just drop them off and Assume?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join