It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA silent as pregnant black woman is thrown in jail for pointing a gun to defend her family

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What a fantastic opportunity to come out for gun rights and get some positive exposure right? Well, maybe that depends on the person.

During an altercation with Channell Harvey, Ra feared for her life. Ra said she believed Harvey was going to hit her family with a car.

“ [Harvey was] literally going back and forth to this car, putting it in reverse and fixing herself to come at us again, and go after my mother, who was also standing very close to me and wasn’t able to run,” Ra said.

In self defense, Ra pulled out an unloaded handgun and pointed it towards Harvey. But she never fired a shot. Harvey took pictures of Ra holding her gun, and went to the police station to file a report.

www.rawstory.com...

To clarify the story further, courtesy of Reason, Siwatu-Salama Ra is a 26-year-old black mother who watched in horror as an angry assailant—a neighbor with whom Ra had a dispute—deliberately crashed her vehicle into Ra's car while Ra's two-year-old daughter was playing inside. Ra removed her unloaded, legally purchased handgun from the glove box and brandished it, scaring the neighbor off. This incident occured in Michigan, a Stand-your-ground state, gun friendly.

Chanell was denied a fair trial when the case was heard. The jury actually concluded that Ra's self-defense explanation was sufficient to dismiss the charge of assaulting Harvey's daughter, but insufficient to dismiss the charge of assaulting Harvey herself. Logic right? Apparently the jury didn't consider this glaring contradiction.

Putting all the above aside is the amazing disinterest on display here by the NRA and their members. Let me confirm that NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch said she mentioned the case on NRATV... she mentioned it, but really, in terms of the NRA sticking up, being vocal and the silence of their members? Astounding. This isn't just the NRA but other gun rights groups, defence groups. This is a deep contrast to the support mounted for Georg e Zimmerman when he allegedly stood his ground against Trayvon Martin, an unarmed teen. Funnily enough the NRA has been at the forefront of pushing laws protecting individuals in the same situation as Ra, they've been doing so since 2005 and they've been very vocal on other incidences where gun defense was necessary. Not this time. Why's that?

The NRA is nothing but a political tool used to push an agenda. They may go about putting forth token black gun owners to put forward this image they are really just purely an organization focused on gun rights but it's all BS in the end. We all know it deep down, that's what they are and this non-reaction of them and their members to this case is a glaring example of this. It's also not the the first time. A black Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison. NRA and gun advocates were sulent, a year after the Trayvon Martin case.

The NRA, nothing but a political group with an agenda. They know it, their members know it.

+11 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Lmao.

Rawstory forwarding a story from VOX!

So are you guys for the 2nd or against it?

Seems you're confused?

BTW, thanks to you anti 2nd folks? The NRA can't be everywhere to defend agains you fascists!

edit on 4-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Omg..them raysiss NRA guys!

+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
LMAO.. So are you ok with what this woman did and how she protected her family. Or do you wish she didnt have a gun and her family was dead?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What's the point of this thread, why ask questions to what you already know the answer?

You ever see what happens with black males who open carry? Why would this incident make a lick of saliva of difference

And there's no confusion on what it says in the second or self defense, the only ambiguity is to whom it applies.

+21 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And from a local source, we get a much different picture.

Dueling stories “This incident was really a result of an altercation two children had had,” said Ra’s attorney, Victoria Burton-Harris. The two children are Ra’s teenage niece, and one of her schoolmates. They were friends, but the girls got into a fight at school, in which Ra’s family say the other girl attacked Ra’s niece. The two girls made up, but tensions lingered between the families. Which is why Ra was unhappy when the other girl's mother, Channell Harvey, dropped her daughter off to spend the night at Anderson’s house last July 16. Ra told the girl to leave. The girl called her mother, crying, to come pick back and pick her up. “And she was irate when she pulled up. She pulled up upset and demanding answers,” Burton-Harris said. From there, their stories diverge.

So, perhaps the NRA is right to not immediately jump in without all the facts, as you have done.
I will reserve judgement until all the facts are known as well.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You should forward your story to the NRA. They may or may not know about it because successful self-defense stories happen a lot more than you likely think.

Also, it doesn't occur to people who don't embrace identity politics and race baiting (like your OP is doing) that this particular incident requires special attention for you liberals to feel better.

edit on 2018/5/4 by Metallicus because: sp

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OP should try out for American Ninja warrior with all the giant leaps he made in this post....

Also George Zimmerman wasn't white.... Sooooo

But you wouldn't know that because facts are of no consequence when you're trying to bait thread...

Try hard lol

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
OP should try out for American Ninja warrior with all the giant leaps he made in this post....

But you wouldn't know that because facts are of no consequence when you're trying to bait thread...

Try hard lol

Yea, the pretzel logic is mind numbing! Who would have thought that VOX, who has supported gun control is now putting out a BS story in support of the 2nd?

A freakin moron could smell the BS behind this story!

Well, maybe not.... Had to edit that because I honestly think being a moron is now what we call educated in todays society?

+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Try hard lol

OP may as well come out and say he believes the NRA is a white supremacist group.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So, where in any of this is her being black relevant?

BTW Martin is Hispanic; a minority. NRA defended him because it was an amazing PR campaign for them(AND JUSTIFIED). The NRA are # but I wouldn't elude to racism.

I get an uneasy feeling when trying to assume your intent. More race baiting. On purpose?
edit on 4-5-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
how about reading a more fair article showing both sides, instead of jumping to conclusions just because the persons race.

according to the other side, the woman claiming injustice is the instigator and she pulled the gun out first, because the other woman was demanding answers about how her daughter was treated after coming home from her place crying. so she refused to leave and knocked the gun away when it was aimed at her then drove away, while driving away the woman aimed at her again and i'm guessing that's when the picture was taken.

this is probably more clear
michiganradio.org...

edit on 4-5-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
how about reading a more fair article showing both sides, instead of jumping to conclusions just because the persons race.

according to the other side, the woman claiming injustice is the instigator and she pulled the gun out first, because the other woman was demanding answers about how her daughter was treated after coming home from her place crying. so she refused to leave and knocked the gun away when it was aimed at her then drove away, while driving away the woman aimed at her again and i'm guessing that's when the picture was taken.

michiganradio.org...

If this is true then the OP needs to get some # straight before coming in here and influencing others.

Because we have hearsay the OP should have framed it as such.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This fakery gets -3,000,000 votes for Democrats in November.

Keep 'em coming !!

🎁📦

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

michiganradio.org...

If this is true then the OP needs to get some # straight before coming in here and influencing others.

Op does this on a regular basis.......he likes being divisive , facts be damned, check the post history
edit on 5/4/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

michiganradio.org...

Like I said, VOX is anti 2nd to the core Marxist value they represent. Then we have the OP who puts out a story by Rawstory taken from VOX????

Fake news!!!

Just to be dick, I am honestly shocked they make a big deal the "black woman" was pregnant and didn't make a huge deal about how she should have an abortion!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What I see is that you are implying that the NRA and by association, the 2nd Amendment is racist.

Well, go grab dem guns!

Go get 'em!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What I see is that you are implying that the NRA and by association, the 2nd Amendment is racist.

Well, go grab dem guns!

Go get 'em!

Sure as hell won't be the LEO's they expect to do it? I mean after all the only good cops are dead cops, am I right? So I guess these Marxists have themselves in a bit of a conundrum, don't ya think?

To be honest, I am quite giddy imagining an Antifa fascist banging on my door wearing 6 inch heels and stockings demanding I let them in to search my premises!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What has this got to do with the NRA? I mean, people around here get reprimanded and jailed for taking out a gun sometimes, the NRA never comes out to stick up for them. Racism? I doubt it is the case. They are not out to start protecting everyone who pulls out a gun, no matter what sex or color they are.

They do pick a few cases to back once in a while, usually high profile cases. I guess we are not high profile around here.

Interesting article though, I am glad the woman had a gun to pull to stop the incident from getting worse.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, go grab dem guns!

Go get 'em!

Sure as hell won't be the LEO's they expect to do it? I mean after all the only good cops are dead cops, am I right? So I guess these Marxists have themselves in a bit of a conundrum, don't ya think?

When they take all the guns, criminals will magically turn theirs in as well so the cops won't have any need for firearms unless it's to shoot people who don't think right.

<<   2  3 >>

join