It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snoop Dogg lightens Kanye West's skin, calls him 'all white now' in Photoshopped Instagram post

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

This isn't even about Trump.

This is about calling someone vile, hateful things openly because you don't agree with their thoughts and opinions. It's one thing to disagree with their opinions, but to personally malign them in an attempt to force them to take back the accepted opinions for a black man to have in society by publicly bullying them is wrong.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Snoop Dogg ? Why the Man is an American Patriot who Believes in Civil Rights ! How can this Be ? It Must be Some Mistake ! ...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Ummm...truly AMAZING...that you can't see that modern and historic institutionalized Democratic ideology...is slavery which enslaved generations of Blacks and other poor segments of society...This is what Kanye meant by choosing enslavement...

Even more AMAZING...that The dog...snoop...can't recognize that either...

Which just makes the both of you...part of the problem...

You both concentrate and express negativity...while Kanye is busy concentrating on solutions to uplift and not practice the typical usury found in every program pogram the left foisted upon whole generations...

Bravo...

YouSir

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That’s my point. I say it’s about right thinking and wrong thinking.

Kanye and Snoop, admittedly two people I never had much respect for, are both wrong, imo.

I remember Kanye insulted Taylor Swift with to me was somewhat of a racist act at the VMA awards, trying to wrestle the reward form her and give it to Beyonce!

That’s was comical, pitiful and pretty bizarre.

A free thinker to me is someone who is little influenced by others, not one who takes bizarre and unpopular opinions.

Sure, such a one might be a free thinker but just because their opinion is unpopular is no gauge that they are a free thinker.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...truly AMAZING...that you can't see that modern and historic institutionalized Democratic ideology...is slavery which enslaved generations of Blacks and other poor segments of society...This is what Kanye meant by choosing enslavement...

You both concentrate and express negativity...while Kanye is busy concentrating on solutions to uplift and not practice the typical usury found in every program pogram the left foisted upon whole generations...

Bravo...

YouSir

So right-wing conservative dogma and racism is not a form of prison thought?

Just left-wing dogma?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Here's the deal though, that would require there to actually be "right" opinions. Opinions are simply opinions.

Have you ever considered that to some of us here *your* opinions are bizarre and unpopular in some circles? I guess that would make you wrong thinking then?

Stop overthinking this. All free thinking means is that you are capable of making up your own mind on something independent of what most of your peers are thinking on it. It has nothing to do with how strange that opinion may seem to those peers or how unpopular that opinion may be.

That is the very epitome of "free." There is nothing there about the quality of the opinion or how much others may or may not approve of it.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's free speech, and it's funny.

So Snoop Dog likens free thinking as a racial characteristic and he is against it.

This issue has NOTHING to do with free thinking

It’s about WRONG thinking and RIGHT thinking

If you can't see the irony in your post, then I don't know what to say.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

So Snoop Dog likens free thinking as a racial characteristic and he is against it.

They don't want those blacks to get all uppity, you know forming opinions and such. They need to let the progressive agenda to tell them what to think or be punished.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Bravo...

YouSir

So right-wing conservative dogma and racism is not a form of prison thought?

Just left-wing dogma and racism?

Ummm...I finished your thought...

I also agree that both the left and the right have failed these communities...

Perhaps it's time to try something that uplifts the spirit and offers ownership and true equality...

We rise or fall together...and the plight of those less fortunate those who have been excluded or who excluded themselves from community...diminishes us all equally...

YouSir

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

They don't want those blacks to get all uppity, you know forming opinions and such. They need to let the progressive agenda to tell them what to think or be punished.

Sure sounds like a slavery agenda masked by false caring and rhetoric. But, then, I am just an observer here.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Bravo...

YouSir

I see what you guys are saying and I'm not totally disagreeing with you and I find it hard to argue with you, I would just say let's not prop Kanye up as some philosopher saint who has been spending his entire life working for the betterment of humanity. He's a jerk and has always been one. Google him and some of his antics. I would also say just like Disturbed and Pink Floyd, he's one of the most overrated musical acts of all time.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought it was political satire.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I don't think anyone is propping him up as a paragon of anything, but he's getting the standard treatment for someone in the public spotlight who suddenly changes against the assumed orthodoxy.

Imagine the hatred if Caitlyn decided s/he was Bruce all along? You'd see the same thing going on.

You don't get into the public eye in certain quarters and then adopt unorthodox opinions or positions. You can be burned at the stake for it these days. It's actually worse for you than to come into the public eye espousing those opinions and positions to begin with because to gain a following that followed your orthodoxy and that adores you that could follow you into your new heresy is not to be allowed.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Some things are never political satire. Is blackface ever political satire?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't think anyone is propping him up as a paragon of anything, but he's getting the standard treatment for someone in the public spotlight who suddenly changes against the assumed orthodoxy.

Imagine the hatred if Caitlyn decided s/he was Bruce all along? You'd see the same thing going on.

You don't get into the public eye in certain quarters and then adopt unorthodox opinions or positions. You can be burned at the stake for it these days. It's actually worse for you than to come into the public eye espousing those opinions and positions to begin with because to gain a following that followed your orthodoxy and that adores you that could follow you into your new heresy is not to be allowed.

Maybe, but in Kanye's case it's different. He's a known wacko. He's unhinged and beserk. It's all documented right there on the interent. Stealing Taylor swifts spotlight is the most famous but he's known for many, many more.

He's not the example we should be looking at or saying things about.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's funny, I got a chuckle.

The other funny note is that Snoop justified Kanye's comments and actions.

Also again, for those who missed it:

That moment when you have to defend Kanye f'ing West.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Snoopy is a white dog with a white master. Sit snoopy, good dog.

originally posted by: amazing
Pink Floyd, one of the most overrated musical acts of all time.

wash your mouth out, right now!

edit on 4-5-2018 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: grey580

Some things are never political satire. Is blackface ever political satire?

Thank you. My point exactly. If this is acceptable as political satire, then so should be black face as well.

Racism is racism....it has no excuse nor place in this day and age....... NONE.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Why do black people do this. A token gang banger who makes black men look like idiots has something to say about the black guy with a mind.

"He white yo."

No dawg. You suspect. You still pretend to live like a childish hoodlum. Its a gimmick.

Hey, snoop,
How about you try to be funny, light a blunt and shut up while you repeat the same 20 lines and words you just made the F up. Snoop dawg.

Dumbass name. Youre a grown ass rich man with a childish hood rat name.

Also, wake up. Your style is lazy and no longer original. Are you even alive, you human slug?

Wake the F up. You are too high.

edit on 5 4 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And who cares what Snoop thinks?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join