It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snoop Dogg lightens Kanye West's skin, calls him 'all white now' in Photoshopped Instagram post

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And the call all conservatives racist.......

I swear there is a fairly dominant portion of the black community in Hollywood and Music, that are so blinded by their own racism that they think its everyone else thats racist.......

Just proves it, dont try to escape the plantation if youre black, they will pigeonhole you....and chase you down to put those shackles back on you

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No. Way to miss the point.

Free thinking is when you decide to go against the grain of what the rest of your immediate peer group is thinking.

So for Kanye to adopt a position so different from so many other African-Americans makes him someone who makes up his own mind.

If everyone in your school likes country music and wears boots and cowboy/western gear, and you decide you want to dress like a rapper instead, you're someone who makes up your own mind.

The leftists who decide they want gun ownership and fully support the 2nd made up their own mind.

The conservatives who decided they liked gay marriage did likewise.

It's not a hard concept if you try although I know it's easy to be all Hegelian.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm just reminded of the fact that dogs lick their own #.... and sniff others butts. But I digress. Seems Kanye has went from not so liked, to party darling mighty quick. Can Kim or Chris be far behind..?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's free speech, and it's funny.

So Snoop Dog likens free thinking as a racial characteristic and he is against it.

And people who think that people buying the same bull# they believe is automatically "free thinking."

So, now that you are the arbiter of BS, please tell us what to think.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

There is only one race.

And that's human.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Thats a true statement, however Snoop, in my opinion can insult him anyway he wants. Why do you care? You seem to be defending Kanye against snoops attack.

Wow. Anyone can defend anyone for anything they so choose. Just as you are defending Snoop's insults against Kanye. Why do you care? If it's cool for Snoop to insult Kanye, then Snoop is fair game as well.

It's real easy talking trash... even five-year-olds can do it. I'll tip my hat to Edumakated for making reasonable and even noble and honorable points in Kanye's defense, and the defense of everyone put in such positions.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: amazing

Thats a true statement, however Snoop, in my opinion can insult him anyway he wants. Why do you care? You seem to be defending Kanye against snoops attack.

Wow. Anyone can defend anyone for anything they so choose. Just as you are defending Snoop's insults against Kanye. Why do you care? If it's cool for Snoop to insult Kanye, then Snoop is fair game as well.

It's real easy talking trash... even five-year-olds can do it. I'll tip my hat to Edumakated for making reasonable and even noble and honorable points in Kanye's defense, and the defense of everyone put in such positions.

Isnt it funny how the people who are always first to call "racist" are seen here, defending snoops racism......

I swear, peoples ability to think critical has been lost it seems

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Free thinking is when you decide to go against the grain of what the rest of your immediate peer group is thinking.

No. Critical thinking is what you're describing. Agreeing with your opinions != critical thinking.

Disagreeing with your opinions != groupthink.

Both Kanye and Snoop are asses.

Let's throw Trump in for good measures, he's the kings of asses currently.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

There is only one race.

And that's human.

Is that why it's all right for a white person to show up in anything with their face painted black?

That is sort of the inverse of what Snoop Dogg did.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There is only one race.

And that's human.

Is that why it's all right for a white person to show up in anything with their face painted black?

Depends, are we ignoring the historical context of blackface or nah?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

No, deciding to hold an opinion that doesn't go along with your in group has nothing to do with critical thinking. Just because your in group holds an opinion or position does not make that opinion or position right or wrong, and choosing to adopt an opinion counter to the popular one for your peer group does not mean you spent a whole lot of time thinking about it critically or deeply either one. It simply means you have the strength of mind and freedom of thought to be able to decide what you want rather than simply going along with the popular flow.

Sometimes, the in crowd may be right or hold better opinions or positions and sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes, you may buck their choice and still opt for a crappy position.

You are still thinking in Hegelian - black/white.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Isnt it funny how the people who are always first to call "racist" are seen here, defending snoops racism......

I swear, peoples ability to think critical has been lost it seems

Crazy, right???

I know I should expect it by now, but I'm still a little surprised and disappointed at how quickly any pretense of morals or principles go out the window when the opportunity to beat and bully someone presents itself -- the more vicious and hateful the better it seems.

It's just as much a teaching moment as Kanye's tweets and interviews. Some people will be woke. Some in spite of themselves. Some people will be forced to think about things outside their comfort zone because, well, the truth is staring them in the face. Kanye can't be unrung. None of this can.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

There is only one race.

And that's human.

Depends, are we ignoring the historical context of blackface or nah?

The only reason this is a thing is because of the historical meaning of blackface.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

There is only one race.

And that's human.

Yes, and that would be racist, and called out as such the first second (as it should). Why is it OK for the reverse to be OK, and just an opinion now? That is still a racists statement by Snoop Dogg....his color has nothing to do with it IMO.

Racism is racism.....PERIOD.

edit on 5/4/2018 by Krakatoa because: added clarifications

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Krakatoa

And water is wet...... Who the f# cares

Kanye sucks and snoop is the biz niz. Guess who wins?!!

Neither....its like black on black shootings in Chicago.....

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

No. Critical thinking is what you're describing. Agreeing with your opinions != critical thinking.

Disagreeing with your opinions != groupthink.

Thinking for one's self simply means one considers and weighs all the information and experience and knowledge one has and comes to their own conclusions based on their own judgment. You know... thinking. Not just letting someone else dictate your "truth" -- for whatever reason and in whatever matter.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
White Kanye looks like George Zimmerman. Lol

If a college kid can have their lives ruined because they threw blackface on for a costume, Snoop can be pretty fairly criticised for this.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
White Kanye looks like George Zimmerman. Lol

If a college kid can have their lives ruined because they threw blackface on for a costume, Snoop can be pretty fairly criticised for this.

It is kinda a creepy pic. Looks like they photoshopped his hair too....great work on it...props for that!

Unfortunately all it will ever add up to is a beef between rappers....and if either of them is who people are looking to for guidance....we are screwed.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

....its like black on black shootings in Chicago.....

An ongoing tragedy that Kanye at least has the cajones to address -- both in his interview and thus presumably in his project to work with the inner city neighborhoods of Chicago to work on their problems. We'll still have to wait and see what happens, but it's a start. And turning a blind eye or making excuses just ensures that more will die.
edit on 4-5-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They got Kanye chained to the whipping post in the public square, they all gonna take turns till they drag him back to the plantation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join