It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - There's Something Wrong, Can You Hear Me Major Tom?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
a reply to: Pearj

You also mentioned Trent Reznor.

I don't remember the end of this track sounding like this.

Well, that is a live version. It is not uncommon for an artist to add or subtract from a song, or change some words -- and improvise in general -- during live performances.

Some artists thrive on such improvisation because it adds to their art by making each performance unique.

edit on 2018/5/8 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

Well, that is a live version. It is not uncommon for an artist to add or subtract from a song, or change some words -- and improvise in general -- during live performances.

Some artists thrive on such improvisation because it adds to their art by making each performance unique.

Lol as reasonable as that sounds I'm SURE there's a counter argument to it.

Pearj?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978
And to clarify, I'm not saying that Reznor adds verses to that song at every performance. What I'm saying is that it is not uncommon for a live version of a song to have different/additional lyrics or a different bridge or played in a different manner than other versions and/or the studio version.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This one isn't how I remember either!

Can someone please explain THIS??

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Also I remember Gary Numan doing this song, not Nine Inch Nails!

Blow me down!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hey!

I'm here - had a me day yesterday..

Got to see Ministry last year in Denver, we were right up close - I don't remember a song book. I have it on video - so I'm going to look at that and see if there's one now!

I'm still looking through all your posts - I have a pretty big Ministry one for ya (huge). I've been holding on to it 'cause I didn't think there would be anyone on here that was into it..

I haven't listened to the Gary Numan (NIN) vid you posted - because I'm betting that it's Down In The Park.. Manson covered it, not NIN...

Let me have a listen - they may of both covered it - then I'm going to make that Ministry thread.

I see it's not Down In The Park - and I can't hear it very well on the laptop w/o headphones 'cause of traffic lol - I'll pull it up on the big tube

Well - the Ministry video is on a different disk that I'll have to put in the computer.... Step 2: Ya put your disk in the box.

Just looked for that other disk a bit and didn't find it right away - I'll have to look tomorrow.

edit on 8-5-2018 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Check out Foo Fighters version of Down In The Park..it's actually pretty good. I don't think NIN did that, definitely did Metal, and some live versions of Cars with Numan joining in.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Hey - ok! I didn't know they covered it - I'll check it out!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Apparently I got trolled pretty good by an "artist" in the other thread.. So I'm a little hesitant to put the time into finding that disk for the Ministry video, or a thread for the Ministry ME.

Primarily because you listed a few songs (videos), saying they've changed from what you remember - but they're live performances.

Are you an "ME believer"?

Are you really an Industrial fan? I assumed so because of your name.. Long time Ministry fan?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

Spot on.

I covered "Hero's" and used all the lyrics from record and live.

No biggie.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In my universe of origin, Bowie clearly sang "$hitting in my tin can."

And that's not the only thing different now.

The line was always "Bowel control's a major bomb."

Who the hell is "Major Tom"?

Damn Large Hadron Collider!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

I thought it was " birth control to ginger tom"...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Apparently I got trolled pretty good by an "artist" in the other thread.. So I'm a little hesitant to put the time into finding that disk for the Ministry video, or a thread for the Ministry ME.

Primarily because you listed a few songs (videos), saying they've changed from what you remember - but they're live performances.

Are you really an Industrial fan? I assumed so because of your name.. Long time Ministry fan?

The Ministry ME?
Ah, you must be talking about the name change. Yeah, I noticed it too.

Like you and many others, I remember Al Jourgensen's band being called Ministry. But, take a look now. They're not called "Ministry" any more, they're called "Surgical Meth Machine".

Weird Wednesday!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I do remember 'floating in my tin can' from radio play as well. I could be wrong. You could be right.

Unfortunately, all Mandela arguments boil down to 'your memory is bad and you're stupid.'

But I still find it interesting and thank you for posting

The bible changed for sure. Memory determines past experience. When externals change. Such as "we are the champions" where "of the world "never existed. That is a dimensional change. Shows our bodies are contained by quantum signatures.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

"We are the champions of the world" is repeated in the chorus, but "of the world" is not sung at the end.

I think people are just forgetting that. It's always been like that.

Not a "dimensional change", just your memory playing tricks on you.

There are websites dealing with loads of commonly misheard/misremembered lyrics.
A classic one is CCR's Bad Moon Rising which people mistake "There's a bad moon on the rise" as "There's a bathroom on the right". It was such a common thing that CCD often sang that lyric live for a laugh.
edit on 9-5-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Lol. I don't understand your joke. Are you one of my gangstalkers?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Right about Queen, "...of the world" is in the song. Just not at the end.

Queen sometimes ended their live performances of "WatC" with the line "...of the world" in a dramatic way. It was never so on the LP or EP. Neither vinyl nor CD.

Never heard that about CCR's BMR though, having a laugh now hah.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

You are right. Here is a website that just deals with mistaken song lyrics:

Kiss This Guy

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The Ministry ME?

Like you and many others, I remember Al Jourgensen's band being called Ministry. But, take a look now. They're not called "Ministry" any more, they're called "Surgical Meth Machine".

Weird Wednesday!

This is a joke right?

SMM are a side project formed by Al Jourgensen in honor of a deceased guitarist.

They aren't the same, aren't a replacement for or aren't a renamed Ministry.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The Ministry ME?

Weird Wednesday!

That's like saying the Mandela Effect and timeline shifts caused the name of Paul McCartney's band "The Beatles" to mysteriously become "Wings". Or the "White Stripes" are now "The Racontours" because of some strange alternate reality situation.

Al Jourgensen has been in several different-named bands/projects other than Ministry. He was in in Ministry, Lard, and Revolting Cocks along with Ministry Bassist and Mike Scaccia. Al Jourgensen himself has been part of many different projects including Surgical Meth Machine, Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters, Skinny Puppy, Prong, Acid Horse, and others -- some of them with other members of Ministry.

edit on 9/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join