It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Mulls Dismissal Of Manafort Charges, Sharply Questioned By Mueller Overreach

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Read the original post. Berman Jackson is the judge mentioned.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And since the request was similar and the one judge said that Mueller was within the bounds of the agreement this judge will most likely do the same.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

They were reviewing the same point . If your being honest. I did say I had only just heard it and didn't have the details.
That really doesn't call my abilities into question you know. Rolls eyes.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor

Read the original post. Berman Jackson is the judge mentioned.

Do some work man.
Click the link to the story.
Read the transcript of the judge who made the comments.
It's in the thread.
The judge in question who made the comments is Judge T.S Ellis.

As you are lazy and can't even own your mistake, here is a link to the transcript.
www.scribd.com...

You made a mistake.. it happens.. but your 'so much for' statement kinda bit you in the ass.
Judge Ellis might come to the same conclusion bust best to wait don't you think before attributing another judges decision to Judge Ellis's comments?

edit on 15/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The judge has ruled that Mueller can make forward.

Jackson is dismissing the civil suit allowing him to continue making the same argument in front of Ellis. Try not to get confused.

"Manafort’s civil case will be dismissed, and his concerns regarding the Special Counsel’s investigation will be taken up in the criminal case.”

edit on 15-5-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

They were reviewing the same point . If your being honest. I did say I had only just heard it and didn't have the details.
That really doesn't call my abilities into question you know. Rolls eyes.

I am not questioning your abilities. They are already well known

I am merely pointing out that you had the wrong court and the wrong judge - but credit for recognising the error. (unlike someone else, above)
Like I said, Judge Ellis might come to the same conclusion, but let's wait and see before jumping the gun.
edit on 15/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Judge said the case can go forward

Manafort Case Goes Forward After D.C. Judge Denies Dismissal Bid

ecial Counsel Robert Mueller prevailed Tuesday when a judge turned down a request by former Trump campaign Chairman Paul Manafort to dismiss a federal indictment accusing him of money laundering and working as an unregistered foreign agent.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in Washington said Mueller didn’t overstep his authority by charging Manafort with crimes unrelated to Russian election interference as defense lawyers claim. A dismissal would have been a blow to Mueller as he faces political attacks by President Donald Trump, congressional Republicans and conservative media. The ruling clears the way for a trial in September.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

My link

Like we said different case.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes but RadioRobert was talking about Judge Jackson so I addressed that for him.
I know it's a different case.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Please direct some of your ire towards the OP for not correcting the quoted story in the first post. Leaving such an error up leaves a lot of room for confusion.

Yup, I had the wrong case. Apologies. But I expect the other case to fall the same way as the arguments were largely the same.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
An interesting tidbit is that one of Jackson's interpretations is that the charter is not judicially enforceable, but only internal policy.
They tried that identical line of argument in front of Ellis, and he told them it was a complete nonstarter and that they should try a different argument.

Just shows how murky the water gets sometimes.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I linked your thread in an update to this story, Grambler.

The judge in your OP and another judge have both reversed course and allowed the case to continue. Here's the link:

Ex-Trump campaign chief Manafort loses bid to dismiss Virginia charges

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join