It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye in His Own Words...Let's discuss!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

To try to co-op his message of love to give validity and support to your “side” is the opposite of everything Kanye is standing for in this instance.

I have to agree 100% with this. Kanye did not take any partisan position whatsoever. Nor does he even take any policy positions -- not of Trump and not of anyone.

But it's just as inappropriate for the left to throw him under the bus for refusing to "not love" Trump.... for refusing to even talk or discuss or debate or negotiate with Trump and his supporters.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Boadicea

It was a very clear message. Only obtuse jerks reading and writing hit pieces thought otherwise.

Mental slavery. That is what he meant.

I don't even think they were confused. Kanye was speaking figuratively, and they knew what Kanye meant. And did everything they could to confuse and contort his message before people could hear and judge for themselves and actually take it to heart.

Right here on ATS, just look at how many people jumped all over Kanye when it was about whatever words they could put in his mouth and thoughts in his head... but when it comes to what he actually said in a very long interview (not just a few 15-second soundbites), folks aren't interested.

More and more it seems that people just want to believe what they want to believe. Facts be damned. And Kanye.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I can't believe I'm going to say this but......

I listened to Kayne's interviews last night, about 2 and a half hours worth. I have never liked him. I even had twitter many years ago just to mess with him. I just couldn't stand him.

Now well I still don't care for him and he does ramble on incoherently but after listening to him last night in those interviews it would seem he does make some sense. It's just imo he doesn't know how to form his thoughts in a way that doesn't make him sound bat #e crazy!

He seems to be talking about what everyone talks about on here in various forums: Mind control, programming, Hollywood and it's control on people and the way it manipulates. Some say he's "woke" and I honestly hate that term.

I still don't care for him but in some ways I respect him talking out on things even if it takes piecing together his incoherent babble to get his point. He isn't the most well spoken person out there but he is speaking out and of course people will call him crazy. It's what people do when you speak against the norm.

Also I don't care about his views on Trump. I'm not a fan of Trump, never was even long before he became President.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

To try to co-op his message of love to give validity and support to your “side” is the opposite of everything Kanye is standing for in this instance.

I have to agree 100% with this. Kanye did not take any partisan position whatsoever. Nor does he even take any policy positions -- not of Trump and not of anyone.

But it's just as inappropriate for the left to throw him under the bus for refusing to "not love" Trump.... for refusing to even talk or discuss or debate or negotiate with Trump and his supporters.

And that’s you furthering the divide by using Ye’s statements as a soapbox to stand on and bash the left for what you see as throwing him under the bus.

When he says “monolithic thought”, this is exactly what he means. There is no such thing as a Democrat. There is no such thing as a Republican. And until we stop viewing everything through that lens nothing will change.

We all have to let go of these political identifiers before we can come together. These labels stopped holding any positive connotations long ago, so it’s high time we stopped using them. And moved on to what’s next.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
To underline your point, my workplace is a government office filled with 100% liberals and about 80% former Democrat campaign staff. I used to be "up and coming" and told so, invited to all kinds of senior staff events, etc. They said I was being "courted" for higher positions. Then, I dared to criticize Hillary Clinton during the election and talk about corruption and cronyism in local government. I experienced an entire 180. Totally cut out of high level events that would be good for my career and networking, given the cold shoulder, and given the least quality assignments which again affects my career. They even cut my overtime. Targeting for speaking out is very effing real in the political world, which in the case of Kanye is regarding Trump, free speech, media, etc. They will tar and feather you.
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's so bad but respect to you for standing your ground.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
To underline your point, my workplace is a government office filled with 100% liberals and about 80% former Democrat campaign staff. I used to be "up and coming" and told so, invited to all kinds of senior staff events, etc. They said I was being "courted" for higher positions. Then, I dared to criticize Hillary Clinton during the election and talk about corruption and cronyism in local government. I experienced an entire 180. Totally cut out of high level events that would be good for my career and networking, given the cold shoulder, and given the least quality assignments which again affects my career. They even cut my overtime. Targeting for speaking out is very effing real in the political world, which in the case of Kanye is regarding Trump, free speech, media, etc. They will tar and feather you.
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's so bad but respect to you for standing your ground.
Thank you. I guess what's the point of caring about anti-corruption, good government, etc, if someone turns a blind eye when there are major issues in their zone of impact?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I can't believe I'm going to say this but......

I listened to Kayne's interviews last night, about 2 and a half hours worth. I have never liked him. I even had twitter many years ago just to mess with him. I just couldn't stand him.

Now well I still don't care for him and he does ramble on incoherently but after listening to him last night in those interviews it would seem he does make some sense. It's just imo he doesn't know how to form his thoughts in a way that doesn't make him sound bat #e crazy!

LOL! That's not a bad way to put it! I agree. I've never been a fan. I could hear his music and never know it's Kanye. And he has a... um... colorful way of speaking. But I get what he's saying, and he's not wrong.

I give you major props for taking the time to listen. Especially since you had already formed an opinion (negative no less!) about him. That's pretty darn cool that you listened for yourself.

He seems to be talking about what everyone talks about on here in various forums: Mind control, programming, Hollywood and it's control on people and the way it manipulates.

I'm glad you said that... I had the same thought. I'm not sure to what extent he was talking about real mind control and programming as opposed to the "sheeple" minds that let themselves be led... but he didn't say much that you couldn't find here in some form.

Some say he's "woke" and I honestly hate that term.

I do as well. I don't think any of us are really "woke." Even the most "woke" among us. There is far too much we cannot know. Some of us are just more suspicious and expect the worst...

Also I don't care about his views on Trump. I'm not a fan of Trump, never was even long before he became President.

I wanted to support Trump. Well, I wanted to support Trump the same way I wanted to support Obama... and then both let me down bigly. I try to at least appreciate what I can and give credit where credit is due, but I'm just not seeing much to appreciate... maybe I'll still be surprised... maybe we'll both be surprised!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

And that’s you furthering the divide by using Ye’s statements as a soapbox to stand on and bash the left for what you see as throwing him under the bus.

Please. I am no more or less guilty than you for bringing the partisanship into it to begin with. Yes, the right is supporting Kanye's words and especially his right to say whatever he so chooses without being beaten up and ostracized by the left -- or anyone. But after throwing in your partisan jabs, suddenly I'm the problem for responding about partisanship? Pathetic.

You know what the situation is. You know darn well that it's a certain self-identifying political group which is attacking Kanye for not towing the line -- and long before I said one word. But I'm "furthering the divide"? So you like the original divide... just don't like when I further it? Because that's really what you're saying.

When he says “monolithic thought”, this is exactly what he means. There is no such thing as a Democrat. There is no such thing as a Republican. And until we stop viewing everything through that lens nothing will change.

Wait... is there a divide that I'm furthering or isn't there? Is there no such thing as left and right or isn't there? Is there a very specific and SELF-IDENTIFYING group which is raising the ruckus about Kanye or isn't there?

Don't play stupid. I'm sure not going to.

We all have to let go of these political identifiers before we can come together. These labels stopped holding any positive connotations long ago, so it’s high time we stopped using them. And moved on to what’s next.

Actually, no, we don't. We just have to stop being jerks about it. For example, publicly demonizing and vilifying someone for not having all the politically correct positions. And I'm not the problem.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join