It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In the early double zero's there was an indie gal. Made some great music. I used to write alot of bull# then, thought it would matter. Enough though, there was this other writer that was completely schizophrenic, every thought from his fingers was magic in sort of a childish way. You could see the sickness..and then it was always lollypops somehow. Funny and entertaining. His main love in music was Cat Power, otherwise Chan Marshall. At the time what was an indie darling. Maybe the second to occur at the time. An unknown female Kurt Cobain in a way. Hard to say since her mucic wasnt grunge. Anyway...mane she made some good tunes and its wird that the guy that was obessessed with her is dead, Not her fault, obviously his. But I look back at youth and being dumb and the line between beauty and insanity...

anyway, this is my favorite from this musician:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.. but I couldnt get the link to work. Can you post the name of the song? Thanks

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Chan Marshall is still making music and playing shows! One of those artists who will always mean a lot to me, as well. Moonpix and You Are Free especially. I still find myself shuffling to the Covers Record when I need a pick me up, something so comforting and uplifting even in those sad, sad songs.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
In the early double zero's there was an indie gal. Made some great music. I used to write alot of bull# then, thought it would matter. Enough though, there was this other writer that was completely schizophrenic, every thought from his fingers was magic in sort of a childish way. You could see the sickness..and then it was always lollypops somehow. Funny and entertaining. His main love in music was Cat Power, otherwise Chan Marshall. At the time what was an indie darling. Maybe the second to occur at the time. An unknown female Kurt Cobain in a way. Hard to say since her mucic wasnt grunge. Anyway...mane she made some good tunes and its wird that the guy that was obessessed with her is dead, Not her fault, obviously his. But I look back at youth and being dumb and the line between beauty and insanity...

anyway, this is my favorite from this musician:

It's the only link using the ID you posted. Two different places show it. But that's not a she, and yet it is kinda messed up stuff..
Is this it? You posted a youtu.be link that doesn't seem to work.

edit on 4-5-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Sorry about that - have no idea why the first one broke...
edit on 4-5-2018 by Fools because: broken

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Chan Marshall is still making music and playing shows! One of those artists who will always mean a lot to me, as well. Moonpix and You Are Free especially. I still find myself shuffling to the Covers Record when I need a pick me up, something so comforting and uplifting even in those sad, sad songs.

Indeed, still to this day these songs just appear in my head. Out of nowhere there they are.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So this guy was actually schizo and he would write story after story about and to Chan Marshall. I think he even received a restraining order. It was no matter really - he was kind of a shut in - he wouldn't get 50 foot within anyone I think. But man his writing was hilarious and sad in its way and I used to read it and listen to Cat Power to see if I could see this bizarre imaginary relationship in some way.

Never could.

I think his handlers weren't that good at making sure he kept up with his medication.

This was when the internet was fun. No farcebook to make you hate people you used to like.

More Cat Power!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
More late 90's to 00's I suppose...

new topics

top topics

join