It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Botch Boondoggle of the Week Fake News Retracted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Absolutely crazy article from NBC today echoed all over the place.

They claimed from dozens of "Sources" that lawyer Michael Cohen was wiretapped before the FBI raided him a few weeks back.

The viral rampage went on for hours before NBC had to retract the story !!

MSNBC, CNN and every Democrat outlet was full-frenzy-zombie and sure had everybody going for the cliffs.

Seems they took this bobber bait all the way down to the bottom.

Couple of threads right here on ATS were "Lively" too.

Then the bottom dropped out.

NBC is still claiming some kind of "monitoring" happened but it was just "a log" of calls and what not.

Note they say this is still from the same "Sources" and expect everybody to automatically believe it !!

I'm sure they got a few million people to keep believing anyway.

I'm sure they were chomping at the bit because they figured they would get leaked "tapes" too !!

Big Boondoggle 💡All BS

And of course, waybackmachine is scrubbed of the "original" failure.

Feds monitored Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's phones

It is not clear how long the monitoring of phone calls has been authorized.

CORRECTION: Earlier today, NBC News reported that there was a wiretap on the phones of Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime personal attorney, citing two separate sources with knowledge of the legal proceedings involving Cohen.

But three senior U.S. officials now dispute that, saying that the monitoring of Cohen’s phones was limited to a log of calls, known as a pen register, not a wiretap where investigators can actually listen to calls.

NBC News has changed the headline and revised parts of the original article.

🤦👋

edit on May-03-2018 by xuenchen because: ✅🎁

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wtf happened to journalist with integrity who actually care about the truth?

At this point NBC, CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all the rest are no better then the supermarket tabloids of old. I have no idea what to believe .
edit on 3-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

They hate Trump.

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

At this point NBC, CNN, FOX, MSNBC and all the rest are no better then the supermarket tabloids of old. I have no idea what to believe .

Why do lefties keep getting taken to the shed on fake news?

It's been two years and they haven't learned a thing.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

They care so little about integrity that they posted a correction the same day the released the article?

Are you really saying contradicting things?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Why do lefties keep getting taken to the shed on fake news?

It's been two years and they haven't learned a thing.

And yet you are still following the whole "fake news" being pushed by white house propaganda...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

They care so little about integrity that they posted a correction the same day the released the article?

Are you really saying contradicting things?

Of course once they checked it out and realized uh oh we did it again.

they are supposed to check it first.. Thats integrity..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
NBC News..these are the folks that acted like they had to shoot Old Yeller when they had to remove Brian Williams. Come to think of it..maybe Brian was there and he's he source?

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I don't need the white house to tell me the lefty MSM is largely emotional and considerably fake.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

If they cared, they would have done due diligence with the story in the first place. How many times have they gotten burned this year alone in their rush to not get left behind on a story?

And yet, here they are, falling all over themselves to publish something with anonymous sources all over again ... as if they haven't been lied to and thus lying themselves over and over.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The way that this played out today, you gotta wonder if this whole thing was done by design by white hats to watch the MSM trip over themselves.

Good show chaps!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wiretapping a lawyer is against the law. Naturally the illegality of it made me think Democrats or their lackeys in the ‘intelligence community’ Actually did this.

I bet they actually did wiretap Cohen, but realized they might actually get in trouble so the story was scrubbed as fake.

I would put nothing past these scum bag deep state a-holes.

They think they are untouchable and maybe they are.

edit on 2018/5/3 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

All you have to do is plant the seed. Then ask yourself how many people won't know it was fake or heard it was fake. They aren't using a bobber they are using a net. The smart fish know how to get out of the net. The dumb ones get eaten.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

No no no... don't you know they are the pillars of integrity because they retracted it?...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

All you have to do is plant the seed. Then ask yourself how many people won't know it was fake or heard it was fake. They aren't using a bobber they are using a net. The smart fish know how to get out of the net. The dumb ones get eaten.

Exactly - fake news outlets like CNN, MSNBC and NBC know damn well that their fake stories will be believed even after retractions by enough willing idiots to do some damage. That is why they continue to push fake stories.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Could also be a case of putting this story to the internal staff in different versions in the WH and then seeing if one pops up in the news....then you know the leaker.

In this manner you get to call out a leaker AND discredit a media source....

I believe this has been done quite a bit throughout Trumps days in order to ferret some folks out.
edit on 5/4/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think NBC got some leaked info.
Then the alphabet agencies freaked out and told them to retract it.
NBC: "but we thought you wanted us to get this out!"
A pen register, lol.
edit on 4-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
These people and their retractions, meh, it only serves to reinforce the notion of fake news, exactly what it is.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Absolutely crazy article from NBC today echoed all over the place.

They claimed from dozens of "Sources" that lawyer Michael Cohen was wiretapped before the FBI raided him a few weeks back.

The viral rampage went on for hours before NBC had to retract the story !!

MSNBC, CNN and every Democrat outlet was full-frenzy-zombie and sure had everybody going for the cliffs.

Seems they took this bobber bait all the way down to the bottom.

Couple of threads right here on ATS were "Lively" too.

Then the bottom dropped out.

NBC is still claiming some kind of "monitoring" happened but it was just "a log" of calls and what not.

Note they say this is still from the same "Sources" and expect everybody to automatically believe it !!

I'm sure they got a few million people to keep believing anyway.

I'm sure they were chomping at the bit because they figured they would get leaked "tapes" too !!

Big Boondoggle 💡All BS

And of course, waybackmachine is scrubbed of the "original" failure.

Feds monitored Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's phones

It is not clear how long the monitoring of phone calls has been authorized.

CORRECTION: Earlier today, NBC News reported that there was a wiretap on the phones of Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime personal attorney, citing two separate sources with knowledge of the legal proceedings involving Cohen.

But three senior U.S. officials now dispute that, saying that the monitoring of Cohen’s phones was limited to a log of calls, known as a pen register, not a wiretap where investigators can actually listen to calls.

NBC News has changed the headline and revised parts of the original article.

🤦👋

Seems NBC news is like any conservative , they can be fooled by any lying s.o.b.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: notsure1

They hate Trump.

I HATE tRump,a.k.a. Spanky aka lying sob.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join