It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti global warming conservative removed from Natural History museum board

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I had no idea that right wing billionaires were using their wealth to negatively influence America's museums until I heard about this on NPR today. I don't see how people that are anti-science like the Koch's and the Mercer's would be allowed to join in the first place, but once again money has corrupted America. Luckily opposition groups were able to get these two removed from this museum, one of the most important museums in the nation.

grist.org...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Did they kill them or just send them off to an "education" camp?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is it wrong to call their supporters Koch heads?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
We're not that lucky.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is it wrong to call their supporters Koch heads?

Yes.

But I would encourage it from now on.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Frankly I don't have one issue with them or anyone else of wealth sponsoring the arts and sciences because watching Nova or Nature is infinitely better than watching Dancing With the Ree-Rees.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Spoiler Alert. . .

Thanos killed a tree.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I only watch for the green chick and the one with the antennae.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Oh imagine. Liberals complaining about someone not believing the same as they do. God forbid somebody commit ThoughtCrime.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
All our public institutions are being weaponized for politics.
It's sickening that differences of opinion are no longer allowed.
I can't even watch PBS any more it's gotten so predictable.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why should anti-science funders be allowed to run scientific institutions??

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Exactly, so get the global warming people out of there then.........because its been proven time and time again that they botch the science to try and come up with their numbers........

Thats not science, thats politically gaming the system to gain funding for projects, and line their pocket books
edit on 5/3/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
All our public institutions are being weaponized for politics.

Pretty sure The American Museum of Natural History is a 501:C:3 that is funded by private donations and isn't public despite it's name.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly, so get the global warming people out of there then.........because its been proven time and time again that they botch the science to try and come up with their numbers........

Thats not science, thats politically gaming the system to gain funding for projects, and line their pocket books

HEY!

Math is hard!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It’s not global warming any more. The new memo says to call it ‘climate change’. That way if temps go up or down, you are still correct and anyone who disagrees with you, you are supposed to mock relentlessly.

Like when earth day started and it was for global cooling, anyone who doubted the settled science was an idiot.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

politically gaming the system to gain funding for projects, and line their pocket books

We're supposed to believe that scientist are bad, greedy people, but business people who stand to save a lot of money from lying about science are not?!

How could anyone believe something so ridiculous?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Do you really think the Koch brothers who own companies that use science to make products like paper, fertilizer, and resins are "anti-science". Most of their business is based on the science of chemistry. Just because they may disagree with the scientific theory of man-made climate change does not make them anti-science.

I am pretty sure even the scientists who wrote the complaint as well as yourself benefit from things like toilet paper and fertilizer.

Sometimes I think Liberals wont be happy until we are all living in equal sized caves and wiping our @$$es with twigs. Of course not twigs that are attached to a tree because snapping one off would increase climate change.
edit on 3-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It truly is like a religious cult. Believe like us or face our wrath.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So, if he was pro global warming he could have retained the position?

:head scratch:

You do read these titles back to yourself before posting right?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Do you really think the Koch brothers who own companies that use science to make products like paper, fertilizer, and resins are "anti-science". Most of their business is based on the science of chemistry. Just because they may disagree with the scientific theory of man-made climate change does not make them anti-science.

I am pretty sure even the scientists who wrote the complaint as well as yourself benefit from things like toilet paper and fertilizer.

Sometimes I think Liberals wont be happy until we are all living in equal sized caves and wiping our @$$es with twigs. Of course not twigs that are attached to a tree because snapping one off would increase climate change.

I'm not going to get involved but I do want to point out...not just to you...but science is not some overarching thing one believes in or not..it's a way of studying the world. Someone who understands the science of chemistry doesn't necessarily have the slightest understanding of ecology or biology. Also, understanding both doesn't mean they'd give a # about the consequences if their chemistry negatively impacts the world's ecology...because as you say, they have an invested interest in chemistry.

I'm not getting into the climate change debate because I don't care either way...whether or not the climate is changing because of humans doesn't really matter because there's # all we can do about it at this point....

But....I will point out that people who stand to lose money should their products be proven harmful to the world are probably not going to be that interested in agreeing with the people telling them their products are #ing the world.

And anyone that thinks pollution from companies like their's aren't destroying the world needs to get the # off the internet and take some time outside to visit some industrial waste sites or ocean dead zones. You can say what you like about climate change but anyone that trys to say pollution isn't poisoning the ocean, land and the air is a #ing idiot.
edit on 4/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join