It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Really Needs Cops?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: rickymouse

I am sure they will shoot at anyone that pulls a gun out

Why do you think that? Police shoot people out of fear for there life. Robots would be bullet proof and have no fear for their lives. In fact why would a robot cop need a gun at all?

I am sure that they will break people's arms if they resist and slam their heads against the hood harder than a regular cop will.

No reason to use force when your 10 times stronger than the criminal and can't be hurt. Their hands would be like hand cuffs. Again cops slam people down because they can be over come physically. This is not an issue with robots.

A gun could tear apart a robot in no time. To be mobile, it would have to be made of light weight metals. a steel type shell could easily pierce that.

I do not know any robot that a person could not outrun, only old or crippled criminals will be caught.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

When I find myself policed and ticketed by robots I think the time to resist is over. It will be time to bow to our robot overlords and their elite masters.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thought you were going to talk not needing cops, not just replacing them with a different kind of cop. I don't need cops, period....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Extreme silliness. Next time you call 911 to report someone breaking into your house, they'll send a robot in an hour or so.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Thought you were going to talk not needing cops, not just replacing them with a different kind of cop. I don't need cops, period....

But many people do. You know, people who are robbed, extorted, abused, etc.

But who cares about those people, right?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

99.999% of the time cops show up after the fact..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Robots knocking low-lifes and hillbillies around would combine two very entertaining types of reality shows.

A properly prepared gang of thugs could confuse a robot with a flashlight and a barking dog. Steal the robots gun and use it on the human cops when they came to collect the disabled pile of junk once known as unit 31.

The prop house still has a robot suit.

thanks for the short film concept. Lends itself to greenscreen and a little cgi tweaking. Casting call coming soon. Who needs a exprod. imdb credit?

A gang of thugs with a dog and a flashlight could do the same thing to a human. Watch videos of where cops respond to crowds by themselves. Its like they are set to 1/4 speed

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Extreme silliness. Next time you call 911 to report someone breaking into your house, they'll send a robot in an hour or so.

More reason to buy a gun an deal with it yourself....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have always thought that a quad copter or something should be attached to every patrol car. During first approach the drone could make contact, collect information including alchohol or drug smells and the officer could communicate via the drone from inside the police car. Would almost entirely eliminate these shootings where cops get panicky and shoot people.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: rickymouse

I am sure they will shoot at anyone that pulls a gun out

Why do you think that? Police shoot people out of fear for there life. Robots would be bullet proof and have no fear for their lives. In fact why would a robot cop need a gun at all?

I am sure that they will break people's arms if they resist and slam their heads against the hood harder than a regular cop will.

No reason to use force when your 10 times stronger than the criminal and can't be hurt. Their hands would be like hand cuffs. Again cops slam people down because they can be over come physically. This is not an issue with robots.

A gun could tear apart a robot in no time. To be mobile, it would have to be made of light weight metals. a steel type shell could easily pierce that.

I do not know any robot that a person could not outrun, only old or crippled criminals will be caught.

Uh, I think your concept of robots is still stuck in the 50's......

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So? You can still file a report and potentially the perps will be caught.

Do you not see the value in that? You suggest its better to forget about crime committed and move on with your life?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

And then you go to prison for murder! Glad you thought this all through.........

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And then you go to prison for murder! Glad you thought this all through.........

Not if you live in a free society.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Not if you live in a free society.

Yeah, in a free society you absolutely go to jail for murder. Not sure what ' society ' you are talking about.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

If someone breaks into your house, you can use lethal force if you are afraid of great bodily harm or death

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO COMPLY!

But seriously, I foresee a future where most jobs are taken over by machines. Not right away of course but as robotics become cheaper and more advanced, it's not good business to hire humans anymore due to the costs.

Hopefully there'll be checks and balances put in place to make sure these machines just don't go all out terminator on us.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I kind of like a Gort like robot that is capable of escalating force but then again I think patrol cars should be equipped with laser dessinators and those five pound laser guided missiles to stop chases.

Maybe still have human officers but put them in mechs that can move at high speed and carry lots of fire power. When the officer in twelve meter mech tells you to do something you might want to obey.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Do you not see the value in that? You suggest its better to forget about crime committed and move on with your life?

Use you'r imagination a little. If people lost the false idea that cops are there to protect them and realized that they needed to protect themselves. Cops are not capable of protecting anyone. I live 20 minuets from the nearest cop. Do I think they can protect me? Not a chance.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: nightbringr

If someone breaks into your house, you can use lethal force if you are afraid of great bodily harm or death

As how it should be.

Unfortunately in Canada, it's very possible to do more time than the home invader if you injure them.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Use you'r imagination a little. If people lost the false idea that cops are there to protect them and realized that they needed to protect themselves. Cops are not capable of protecting anyone. I live 20 minuets from the nearest cop. Do I think they can protect me? Not a chance.

So you suggest little old ladies can do without police? The disabled? The blind?

I know people who the police have helped greatly in their time of need. Sorry about your luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join