It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 4 people shot inside Nashville mall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well here we go again here in Nashville. This will be the 2nd such event in what a month. People are losing it around here. Situation is on going and the hunt is on for a second suspect...that is until they change it to a lone gunman as per the usual.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) - Four people have been shot inside Opry Mills Mall in Nashville, according to police.

Police say one person is in custody and they are searching for a second suspect in the shooting at Opry Mills Mall.

Multiple police and fire units have been called to the scene.

Source

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Will update as I can...I am just down the street from this at the moment. In fact we are sending a couple of shows over there or were supposed to today. Not many details yet as it just occurred about 30min ago.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Very few details at the moment... hoping for no casualties

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It must be from the hep. a spreading over the hills.

Driving the folks mad.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Nashville is growing extremely fast for its actual footprint, with fast growth comes all kinds of problems...as most of the folks coming in are from all over. Also its beginning to get hot here and as we all know the violence ramps up during the summer in most cities.

I am, however interested in the motive here. Is it just a wingnut come lose or is this targeted in some way. Really hoping not to find out in a week its some crazy that the FBI has been watching for a long time ignoring as seems to be a recent trend.
edit on 3-5-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Now we have conflicting reports, first source says 4 shot. The Tennesean is reporting 1 shot and in critical. The initial reports came in of shots fired after a fight inside the mall, or at least that's what this source is reporting. That would make a lot more sense for the second suspect too.

According to Metro dispatch, the call came in just before 2:30 p.m. A spokesman for the Nashville Fire Department confirmed  one person was taken to Skyline Medical Center in critical condition.

The spokesman said original reports of a second victim were false.

Police confirmed the suspect had been taken into custody. There did not appear to be an imminent threat by 3:10 p.m.

Police radio traffic suggested a chaotic scene, with police evacuating employees from stores in the mall.

Witnesses reported seeing a fight before the shooting

2nd Source

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Are you sure it's 4 people shot? The police are saying 1 person was shot.

BREAKING: Dispute at Opry Mills Mall results in gunfire. One person shot. Suspected shooter in custody. No additional imminent threat known. Mall being swept by MNPD officers as a precaution.

twitter.com...

ETA: Just saw that you added a new post.
edit on 3-5-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow I use to go to Opry Mills all the time when I lived in Nashville.....super crazy man......

Hell that Waffle house shooting was at the waffle house across from the apartment complex of my old Drummer, cant count the times we were at that Wafflehouse at 3 am......

So sad to see all this going on, crime in Nashville has always been bad, but it seems they are taking it up a notch

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Passed thru about a year ago. You guys got
had a lot of buildings going up. And road
construction slowing traffic in Crashvilles
sweltering heat. Keep your head down Op.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yea I lived about 5 blocks from the waffle house that was involved now about a mile. I also lived a few blocks from the church shooting that happened this year too. The mall in question here is about 3vmiles from the shop I work at and we send a lot of shows to operyland as well as the hotel there...so we are in and out often.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yea the city made the mistake of incintivising people to move here in droves but spent next to nothing on infrastructure to accommodate it. So traffic is some of the worst ive ever seen...and I moved here last year from Orlando. I live about 4 miles from where I work and its a 15-20min ride in on a good day.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Yea I lived about 5 blocks from the waffle house that was involved now about a mile. I also lived a few blocks from the church shooting that happened this year too. The mall in question here is about 3vmiles from the shop I work at and we send a lot of shows to operyland as well as the hotel there...so we are in and out often.

Yeah i spent a lot of time over in that area of the mall, its areally beautiful over there......and the hotel is amazing.....I hope no more people are hurt in this......so sad man.....

That being said i havent been back to Nashvegas in about 5 years all my musician buddies tell me i wouldnt recognize it anymore downtown

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
100 people were shot in Chicago in the past month alone.

Where are your threads about this outrage?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You guys do have a great truck loop around
tho. If you don't have any mid town business.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

You got arthritis?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Wasn't so much outrage as just reporting what initially sounded like a mass shooting incident that turns out was misreported. Also I don't live in chi town or work minutes from their shootings so its not of much interest to me. Plus they don't really care much about their own shootings as evidenced by their actions in that city and tbh the state level as well.

Btw...where is your outrage...or are you like me...it doesn't really matter to you all that much?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You probably wouldn't as that's what most people from here tell me as well...and most hate how the city is developing and pricing people out.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I avoid downtown as much as possible...occasionally I will go see a show or have drinks with friends down there but never around Broadway and the river...that's tourist hell.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Oh come on and get real. If I was working just a few miles from a shooting (like the OP) I would write about it too as shootings close to home can get a little on the personal side compared to random shootings in other parts of the world.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I am outraged that you haven't posted a thread regarding your outrage regarding these Chicago shootings. I may post a rant about your lack of empathy later.

OP I appreciate you sharing this information with us. From what I can tell this was a local event that you were trying to get a handle on. I love Nashville and Tennessee in general. It is a beautiful area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join