It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI wiretaps prove double standard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The absurd thing is that nobody in the DOJ will tell Congress, or Cohen himself, WHY HE WAS RAIDED. Lots of crooked judges too.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Raw Story : The legal process .. blahh blaa but interesting blaaa

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti on Thursday explained how news that Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen was wiretapped prior to his FBI raid implies the government thinks he’s guilty of a crime.
“What does news that Michael Cohen was wiretapped tell us about the investigation of him?” the former prosector mused. “Short answer:

Mariotti explained in layman’s terms that the federal government obtains wiretaps when investigating “ongoing criminal activity.” To obtain one, he wrote, “investigators had to convince a judge that Cohen would use the phone to communicate” about any criminal activity he planned on partaking in within the 30-day window of the wiretap.

Criminal intent seemed imminent
justifying a wire-tap

Just like on tv
Law 'n' order
The Wire (hehehe)

or Homeland

That's interesting, 'homeland' !

would Trumpleskins react differently
if the names in the OP were changed to ...
any thing muslumummish
a wide ranging ish ish

obviously homeland : security issues

Would they still be decrying the internal security apparatus
or
cheering it on, even encouraging it, as being a 'true patriot'

Serious longball for any body

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ohhh nooooo

i feel the dread ...

SHE
HAS
GHASTLY
DVD's

quiiiik which icon !!!!!!!!

edit on 3-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Let's say as an example ...
someone is filmed by the cops selling hash

what do the cops do ?

Think it through

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The NBC "scoop" has been retracted. They got a pen register for Cohen which isn't a wiretap, it's a call log.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

CORRECTION: Earlier today, NBC News reported that there was a wiretap on the phones of Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime personal attorney, citing two separate sources with knowledge of the legal proceedings involving Cohen.

But three senior U.S. officials now dispute that, saying that the monitoring of Cohen’s phones was limited to a log of calls, known as a pen register, not a wiretap where investigators can actually listen to calls.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: UKTruth

The absurd thing is that nobody in the DOJ will tell Congress, or Cohen himself, WHY HE WAS RAIDED. Lots of crooked judges too.

But but but but the emails.......... Ha ha ha ha ha ha 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The NBC "scoop" has been retracted. They got a pen register for Cohen which isn't a wiretap, it's a call log.

Yeah I saw that.

Still the rest of the OP stands, and if we find out there was a wiretap on cohen, it would be outrageous as shwon.

Also, not sure how the caall log thing explains the reporting that a call was "intercepted" between cohen and the white house.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yeah I saw that.

Still the rest of the OP stands, and if we find out there was a wiretap on cohen, it would be outrageous as shwon.

Also, not sure how the caall log thing explains the reporting that a call was "intercepted" between cohen and the white house.

Lol, the guy owes almost 300k in back taxes. They found 16 cell phones...I don't think it's outrageous he is a scumbag.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53
Finesteride was found inside the body

dum dum-dum dum

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Yeah I saw that.

Lol, the guy owes almost 300k in back taxes. They found 16 cell phones...I don't think it's outrageous he is a scumbag.

Werent you the one nsaying that accusing people of things online is bad as it should be done in court? Yet now you are calling him a scumbag?

And also, say he is a scumbag. So what, so are most people in DC. That doesnt mean they should be wiretapped.

But of course you, who is against surveillance laws (so you say) would give the excuse he is a scumbag so he deserves it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If he was subject to a warrant it was done with due process.

You have a knack for strawman arguments and misunderstanding legal constitutional arguments.

The proof is he owes 280k, is sorrounded in shady deals, and had 16 cell phones.

Do you believe that is the kind of personality that doesn't make mistakes eventually?

My lord you know next to nothing about criminal justice, legal precedence, and how we got where we are.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Do you really think that, given the current 'climate'
That the FBI and 'others' are going to be inventing things ?

They've all got enough to do as it is
its not as if they need the overtime

Do we see Geese lining up to add another Thanksgiving to the calender ?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If he was subject to a warrant it was done with due process.

You have a knack for strawman arguments and misunderstanding legal constitutional arguments.

The proof is he owes 280k, is sorrounded in shady deals, and had 16 cell phones.

Do you believe that is the kind of personality that doesn't make mistakes eventually?

My lord you know next to nothing about criminal justice, legal precedence, and how we got where we are.

I will admit not being a legal expert.

But the fact you pretend to be (or at least more knowldgeable than me) when you make the argument "He had 16 phones and owed money, so he must be shady and therefore that somehow shows he should have been wiretapped" is ridiculous.

And again shows a dpuble standard.

Hiallry had multiple phones, so wiretap her?

How about the Podesta group that the FBi knew was lobbying for russian interests unregistered?

Nope no wiretaps there.

Just trump people because they are "scumbags"
edit on 3-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ah so your argument is what about ism.

As usual.

Do you know Hilary wasn't wire tapped?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
Do you really think that, given the current 'climate'
That the FBI and 'others' are going to be inventing things ?

They've all got enough to do as it is
its not as if they need the overtime

Do we see Geese lining up to add another Thanksgiving to the calender ?

I think what I said in the OP, none of which has been addfressed by anyone.

Its just claims I am wrong, or the fbi are noble and would do no wrong, or that trunps people have it coming.

Please point out what I said in the OP that is not true (with the exception of NBC retracting the wiretapping story)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

As usual.

Let me get this straight.

You come in to a thread that mentions the double standard of the fbi in the title, then say one side deserves it cause the guy is a scumbag, and when I bring up the double staandard that the OP was about, you say whataboutism?

You are laughable.

Please, go on railing against peo0ple for not being against surveillance laws while you push for people to be wiretapped because they have a bunch of phones and are "scumbags"

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ok, fair point...
Could you summarise in just a few bullet points
y'know, to reel things in a bit for us late starters

is the main grief here that:
'Barry's' FEC fine was under-reported
and that the agencies didn't raid his people

Is that in a nutshell?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

As usual.

Let me get this straight.

You come in to a thread that mentions the double standard of the fbi in the title, then say one side deserves it cause the guy is a scumbag, and when I bring up the double staandard that the OP was about, you say whataboutism?

You are laughable.

Please, go on railing against peo0ple for not being against surveillance laws while you push for people to be wiretapped because they have a bunch of phones and are "scumbags"

What does this standard warrant have to do with surveillance laws?

Now if you have proof it was from a back door fisa docket I agree with you.

Bit your hysterical whining doesn't prove that.

Michael Cohen is a hack lawyer who most likely is in trouble for the shady things that are already being proven. Like 300k of back taxes

You seem to be confused.

Double standard where?

So in your mind it's not normal for an administration who picked cabinet members to be biased and use their powers to block, spy, etc...

Maybe you need to read some history..

Also figure out the difference of a warrant from a us prosecutor to a fisa court.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Ok, fair point...
Could you summarise in just a few bullet points
y'know, to reel things in a bit for us late starters

is the main grief here that:
'Barry's' FEC fine was under-reported
and that the agencies didn't raid his people

Is that in a nutshell?

No I am not even referencing Obama fec fine in this OP.

The issue is the double standard in the fbi's investigations of hillary and trump.

The op outlines many of them, such as wiretaps at least for carter page, while hillary people like huma and mills got immunity in exchange for nothing, and has their devices destroyed by the fbi so no one else would be able to see what was on them.

Or manafort being charged for not filing as a foriegn lobbyist, when he worked with the podesta group, and they also didnt file, but instead of being charged were allowed to retroactively file 4 years later.

I outlined it all in the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join