It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is violating campaign finance laws reason for impeachment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

(xiv) any loan of money derived from an advance on a candidate’s brokerage account, credit card, home equity line of credit, or other line of credit available to the candidate, if such loan is made in accordance with applicable law and under commercially reasonable terms and if the person making such loan makes loans derived from an advance on the candidate’s brokerage account, credit card, home equity line of credit, or other line of credit in the normal course of the person’s business.

It doesn't seem to me that the Stormy Daniels pay off is exempt because the funds came from any of those sources. And, nobody is making that claim.

According to Cohen and Giuliani, Cohen paid Stormy Daniels from his own money, on Trump's behalf, gift or loan, in order to keep her silent during the campaign.

Personal gifts and loans
Personal gifts and loans

If any person, including a relative or friend of the candidate, gives or loans the candidate money “for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office,” the funds are not considered personal funds of the candidate even if they are given to the candidate directly. Instead, the gift or loan is considered a contribution from the donor to the campaign, subject to the per-election limit and reportable by the campaign. This is true even if the candidate uses the funds for personal living expenses while campaigning.

Looks like a violation to me.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That would possibly be the case if trump and cohen did not have a pre existing working relationship in which cohen had handled this workload for trump previously.

or other line of credit in the normal course of the person’s business.

Cohen has worked for trump since 2006(the normal course of the persons business)

In an interview with ABC News in 2011, Cohen stated, "If somebody does something Mr. Trump doesn't like, I do everything in my power to resolve it to Mr. Trump's benefit. If you do something wrong, I'm going to come at you, grab you by the neck and I'm not going to let you go until I'm finished."

and again it is not up to trump to prove this it will be up to mueller or whoever to prove it was not

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Again, it's up to the NY office of the FBI to sort this out. The only reason it's in the news now is because of Trump's statements regarding the pay off from Air Force One a few weeks ago, and the recent contradictory statements made by Giuliani.

It's Giuliani's statements, as Trump's new attorney, that are making Trump look guilty of an FEC violation. Before Giuliani, Trump had Cohen under the bus, just where he wanted him. Now, Giuliani has thrown Trump under the same bus!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Isn't the allegation that cohen violated campaign finance law? Not trump>

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If he actually violated the laws then yes charge him and fine him. That is the norm.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The president, vice-president, and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join