It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is violating campaign finance laws reason for impeachment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: DBCowboy

You notice the lack of response from the By Any Means crowd, right?

I'm curious.

I edited on page one.

Obama broke finance laws, eyt for some reason he was treated very differently.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

There is a wealth of missing context in that statement.
edit on 3-5-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

True. We're only given the news that they want us to hear, in bits and pieces

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh and funny Obama's ethic cheif thinks trump may have broke laws.

Former President Obama ethics chief Norm Eisen on Wednesday said that former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's (R) revelation that President Trump reimbursed his attorney for a payment to adult-film star Stormy Daniels could mean that Trump filed a false financial disclosure.

Eisen said that the revelation that the president repaid Michael Cohen may prove "that Trump broke the law by failing to disclose the loan from Cohen on his federal presidential financial disclosures."

thehill.com...

I guess he would know, seeing as how he violated campaign disclosure laws.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

He takes a salary. What he does with it is his business, and certainly doesn't give him a free ticket to break finance laws, or violate the Emolument Clause, or to obstruct justice, for that matter.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes. Mostly because it wasn't a simple slip up. Trump intended to break the law, he thinks he's exempt. He must be shown he's accountable.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Could.

May.

Might.

The only fact so far, from Juliani, is that Trump paid Cohen back. When? Under what understanding?

They really are eating from Trumps table at this point and I don't think it's going to end as they describe.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I gave it a little time.

But the reason I asked this question is I think people would be interested to know that none other than Barack Obama did indeed break campaign finance laws.

Barack Obama's presidential campaign has been fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violating federal disclosure laws, Politico reports.

An FEC audit of Obama for America's 2008 records found the committee failed to disclose millions of dollars in contributions and dragged its feet in refunding millions more in excess contributions.

The resulting fine, one of the largest ever handed down by the FEC, is the result of a failure to disclose or improperly disclosing thousands of contributions to Obama for America during the then-senator's 2008 presidential run, documents show.

www.usnews.com...

Isnt that strange? I dont remember all of the people calling for trumps blood saying much of a peep about Obama doing this.

Anyone recall any calls for Obama's impeachment over the breaking of these laws?

Anyone remember Obamas lawyers office being raided?

How about nonstop coverage in the MSM over this?

I just thought it would be interesting to see if people held Obama an trump to the same standard.

My feelings are if Trump borke this law, let fines be levied against him, same as with Obama.

HA!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Interesting!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Yes. Mostly because it wasn't a simple slip up. Trump intended to break the law, he thinks he's exempt. He must be shown he's accountable.

Well neither was Obama law breaking a simple slip up.

Not only did he take donations in greater amounts than he was allowed, he also failed to report it, and then when told about it failed to return the money in the appropriate time.

Yet no raiding of his lawyers office, no media coverage 24/7 about how horrible this was, no discussion of impeachment.

I wonder why if the people we hear today are so concerned with campaign fiance laws they didnt react the same when Obama was found guilty of violating these laws, instead of just being accused like Trump.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It is funny, those campaign laws legal language is so lax and easy to get around and still the politicians and their legal team seem to screw things up. The laws were written by the government attorneys, they are full of loopholes.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Could.

May.

Might.

The only fact so far, from Juliani, is that Trump paid Cohen back. When? Under what understanding?

They really are eating from Trumps table at this point and I don't think it's going to end as they describe.

Oh sure, I agree there is no proof that Trump broke any law yet.

Its just hilarious to see people guffaw at how terrible it would be for trump to do this, when they were absolutely silent when Obama was found guilty of breaking these laws.

And then for Obama's ethics chief to speak up is just the icing on the cake.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: notsure1

He takes a salary. What he does with it is his business, and certainly doesn't give him a free ticket to break finance laws, or violate the Emolument Clause, or to obstruct justice, for that matter.

You just assume that he did because you want it to be true so bad..

Trump has been 10 steps ahead of you idiots the whole time and the fact that now this is what you think you might get him on after all the Russia bs is actually funny..

130,000 to donald Trump is probably 1 electric bill and you think he would violate the campaign finance law over that?

Good luck but it ill turn out to be bs just like everything else you guys throw out there..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Because they are YUGE Hypocrites.. Do what I say not what I do..
edit on 3-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Could be by design.

Hey, no law broken here BUT look at what O did!

If we're being honest, it would be part for the course.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JinMI

Could.

May.

Might.

Oh sure, I agree there is no proof that Trump broke any law yet.

Its just hilarious to see people guffaw at how terrible it would be for trump to do this, when they were absolutely silent when Obama was found guilty of breaking these laws.

And then for Obama's ethics chief to speak up is just the icing on the cake.

The MO of the msm these days. It seems like 80 percent of CNN news, is what ifs. And then there's a week long discussion of various "experts" opinions that then morph into "look at Trump's criminal activities", still on what ifs.

It's interesting/entertaining/disturbing to watch the process in action. 🤔

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Pure propaganda.
Either through the governments ignorance or by a well oiled msm propaganda machine.
It is not possible to indict a sitting president.
The only real threat is impeachment as the op laid out.
Only a foolish president could ever be impeached.
The special counsel is breaking the law according the the olc 1973 ruling on indictment of a sitting president.It states that
not only can you not indict a sitting president but any action to do so is criminal action undermining the continuity of
governance.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Should he be impeached if he broke them?

That's a good question.

I don't have an answer. I did see this article though.

“If the purpose of this was to stop [Daniels] from hurting the campaign,” Noble continued, “then what you have is Cohen made a loan to the campaign. And it was an excessive loan because lending the campaign money is a contribution. It was an excessive contribution until it’s repaid.”

But hold on.....

It gets worse. “Giuliani suggesting it was funneled through the firm as legal fees,” Noble said, “is evidence of an intent to hide the source, which could make it knowing and willful, which is criminal.” There could also be tax violations, he added.

Looks like there's an intentional motive to hide his adultery..... which btw, adultery is a crime in NY.

Shady.

www.washingtonpost.com... ns/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c0fdaa4d1cba

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Trump is a billionaire. Why in the world would he need to use campaign funds for this?
It's a huge stretch to even consider it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Trump is a billionaire. Why in the world would he need to use campaign funds for this?
It's a huge stretch to even consider it.

Is trump really a billionaire, though?
edit on 3-5-2018 by crtrvt because: Winky face seems wrong

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

We all know what this is.

This is the last gasp of the dying attempt to taint the Trump presidency by the powers that be.

Everything else failed so far.

We all know Trump's character, his loyal fans have claimed they didn't vote for him due to his moral values, that deflection is safe. From inciting violence on the campaign trails, to retweeting and refusal to denounce white supremacists, or denounce murderous white nationalists or staying mum on blacks getting arrested at Starbucks... The list goes on, it doesn't matter to cult 45; it's all about them.

But this payment thing is but the last speed bump before Trump can actually try to run the country. And after it's over , his flock (wife, daughters, sons..)will start to show their heads out their cocoon of shame and embarrassment...
edit on 3-5-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join